george

This is my first posting ever. I am in business here in Thailand for over 7 years and live in the north with my wife and soon 3 children. The first thing I would do if I was in charge is to revoke the passport of Taksin, and notify all embassies to not honor his passport to bring him home to face criminal charges. I would also confiscate all frozen assets known to belong to Taksin or controlled by him in relatives names, and reimbuse Thailand for the damages he has inflicted by inciting civil unrest, and the remaining to the Thai citizens who have lost their jobs and businesses caused by Taksin damaging the economy. There is only one way to kill a snake, and that is to cut its head off, and you can read into that as you wish. There is a rule of law in Thailand, and a process to make changes, and that process must be respected and restored and not manipulated by a billionaire employing thugs which many were also the same ones wearing yellow shirts I suspect. These factions are killing Thailand financially speaking, and they do not care if a few innocent people die in the process, so why should the police and military care if a few of these animals also die to make a point.

And how did your orchid exports fare when PAD closed down the airports? Calling Thai citizens "animals" that deserve to die, tells us more about your personality than you realize! :o

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first posting ever. I am in business here in Thailand for over 7 years and live in the north with my wife and soon 3 children. The first thing I would do if I was in charge is to revoke the passport of Taksin, and notify all embassies to not honor his passport to bring him home to face criminal charges. I would also confiscate all frozen assets known to belong to Taksin or controlled by him in relatives names, and reimbuse Thailand for the damages he has inflicted by inciting civil unrest, and the remaining to the Thai citizens who have lost their jobs and businesses caused by Taksin damaging the economy. There is only one way to kill a snake, and that is to cut its head off, and you can read into that as you wish. There is a rule of law in Thailand, and a process to make changes, and that process must be respected and restored and not manipulated by a billionaire employing thugs which many were also the same ones wearing yellow shirts I suspect. These factions are killing Thailand financially speaking, and they do not care if a few innocent people die in the process, so why should the police and military care if a few of these animals also die to make a point.

Welcome, troll :o

Dear Thaiorchidsource1,

Please don't mind Rainman, he watches ALOT of movies........ :D

I think your post is interesting and has insight.... this may be how some may feel, too.

Rainman feels the need to defend. He finds it difficult with his passionate heart, but growing sense of worldliness to understand that our world problems aren't black and white, but all shades of grey in between. Rainman is a supporter of those reds you speak about. He has every right, just as we have every right to be a supporter of Thailand, not Reds or Yellows. Rainman may also be a supporter of Thailand, but he mistakes the Red movement as a cause for Thailand.

He was just called an 'arse' 5 posts ago, and now he's calling you a troll.... for exactly the same reason he believes he was called an arse.... because he didn't agree with the previous poster.

He isn't an arse, you aren't a troll, and I'm not whatever he will call me after I post this :D , however, he just cares for Thailand as we all do.

Rainman, work along with those who care.... we don't need to all walk the same path, but we do [ultimately] for the same cause.

The army has not learned it lessons. You cannot win an uprising. Neither in the South, neither in Bangkok, neither in the North or North East. The army is big and slow, therefore the protestors can move quickly and strike wherever they want. if they want to disrupt the daily live they can do so. The army clear one crossing they take 4 crossings, when the army moves in, they move out, regroup and take new targets, huge armies have lost that way. There is not other solution than striking a deal which is acceptable for each and everyone.

What a load of drivel, its NOT an uprising. its a bunch of thugs (mainly paid) who cant get a decent job. While I have every sympathy with the plight of the common man in Thailand and the vast injustice of the current semi-feudal system. I cannot and will not show sympathy for mob rule, I didnt for the PAD and I wont for the UDD. The Govenment needs to arrest the Leaders (they know who they are) and give them heavy sentences, cut off the head and the rest will follow

regards

Freddie

there are only about 10,000 red shirts most of the time other than the first day, and a mere 2,000 of them completely rooted the conference in Pattaya.

Abhisit himself said yesterday that there were around 50,000. And we all know he underestimates it greatly.

Then this morning he said "the government would rush to ease the tensions."

Ease tensions? By shooting with live ammunition at protesters?

This is turning into a people's revolution, and Abhisit is on the losing end. He's gone.

I don't know.

I think that he could challenge Thaksin to an election today and win it. Abhisit and his cronies are delivering a very effective response, the opposite to the cookie and bro in law's dismal failures during their sojurn's. And given the rabble approach from the Reds hardcore the response is very correct.

I think right now there is a big split of Red support that will have moved right away from Thaksin, (and hopefully move on to demand the return to the 1997 constitution through legal and political procedures). Thai's around me want the current Red leaders dealt to on the street - winner take all, Thaksin inside doing his time and an honest next election. They are happy with the governments response and this from hard core Thaksin supporters 5 years ago. :D

I think with that swinging support Abhisit should throw the challenge to Thaksin to front up at immediate election winner take all. Once Thaksin loses he fronts up to do his jail bird time with his safety gaurenteed. :o

Edited for 'their' being 'there'...

Edited by Roadman

If they come to CM, I hope the army will be there and maybe will use gun...

After 10 or 20 (or 50?) deads, maybe people will be less crazy !

So you hope people will die? I 'hope' a stray bullet comes your way then.

People like you should go back to where you originated from.

its totally sickening to read this sort of post where red neck -sic nazi comments advocate the use of force ending up with the taking of lives - sorry if your peace and quite might be some what disturbed if they did come to cmx - remember it is the home town of taksin -- so i suggest you move - and as the other post suggested = go back from whense you came - and good riddence to thwats like you -

Nice Post - I have been here 9 years with a 3 y.o. and a month old baby and right now my business has completely evaporated as I deal exclusively in people coming here. It started with PAD who at least were non violent and now these poor uneducated fools - these people are mob rule - 30,000? 200,000 makes no difference - they do NOT represent the 65 million people. And FYI Thaksin owns the gas company and throughout the city now the LPG tankers are being positioned - for what reason I have no idea. But if this is not terrorists acts I don't know what is. Seize the hard assets of the snake, cut off his ability to pay and they will all go home. No one wants to wear lead poisoning for 200 Baht a day! Thaksin is a convicted felon, a bail jumper, and has no interest in Thailand or the King. Can only concur, cut of the head and let the body writhe until it dies quietly.

In this day and age there are many very powerful nonlethal forms of crowd dispersion such as sound and heat producing weapons that can clear a crowd in minutes. With Thailand's propensity to have mobs gather I can't understand why they don't invest in such tools? They could have brought such a weapon to the ASEAN Summit and had that crowd hottailing back to their normal routine in Issan like getting drunk on a porch somewhere and knocking up the local girls, or racking up a big gambling debt and robbing their neighbors. Rather than disgracing Thailand, worsening the economy and thus having repercussions that worse the lot for everyone.

Your foolish remarks on the good people of essan is another reason why people like my peaceful caring wife wants to put on a red shirt and stand up for her rights as a citizen of Thailand! Why should they be used as cheap labour and servants or prostitutes just because it serves the purposes of the rich? We now live in a complex in Bangkok where the majority living here are Thai-Chinese, and the racial coments she recieves here is beyond belief. Now you come on here and you know all about life of the poor!

Most farang here are working class who's ancesters in the past have fought for their rights. Why should all the power, good education,

jobs and wealth be here in Bangkok?

I come from southern England. In the past it was the area of wealth and the North was considered poor working class,but times have changed. There are the same chances for everyone in England, no matter where you are born. This is right and the way it should be.

If the North prospers, then so does the rest of the country and vice versa.

Why can't the people of Bangkok see this?

All this nonsence was started because police could not control 2000 demonstrators in Pattaya, and Newin tried to use his own army.

What would happen if Thailand had big demos like the G10 in London?

No my friend, my wife is not for Thaksin, she has not demonstrated, and if she were to it would not be for 500bt. But she would for the

right to have a fair life in the country of her birth.

In this day and age there are many very powerful nonlethal forms of crowd dispersion such as sound and heat producing weapons that can clear a crowd in minutes. With Thailand's propensity to have mobs gather I can't understand why they don't invest in such tools? They could have brought such a weapon to the ASEAN Summit and had that crowd hottailing back to their normal routine in Issan like getting drunk on a porch somewhere and knocking up the local girls, or racking up a big gambling debt and robbing their neighbors. Rather than disgracing Thailand, worsening the economy and thus having repercussions that worse the lot for everyone.

Your foolish remarks on the good people of essan is another reason why people like my peaceful caring wife wants to put on a red shirt and stand up for her rights as a citizen of Thailand! Why should they be used as cheap labour and servants or prostitutes just because it serves the purposes of the rich? We now live in a complex in Bangkok where the majority living here are Thai-Chinese, and the racial coments she recieves here is beyond belief. Now you come on here and you know all about life of the poor!

Most farang here are working class who's ancesters in the past have fought for their rights. Why should all the power, good education,

jobs and wealth be here in Bangkok?

I come from southern England. In the past it was the area of wealth and the North was considered poor working class,but times have changed. There are the same chances for everyone in England, no matter where you are born. This is right and the way it should be.

If the North prospers, then so does the rest of the country and vice versa.

Why can't the people of Bangkok see this?

All this nonsence was started because police could not control 2000 demonstrators in Pattaya, and Newin tried to use his own army.

What would happen if Thailand had big demos like the G10 in London?

No my friend, my wife is not for Thaksin, she has not demonstrated, and if she were to it would not be for 500bt. But she would for the

right to have a fair life in the country of her birth.

For the record - the security at Pattaya cost Baht 38M a day for 3 days. 7,000 troops and police simply let 2,000 of the mob thru! Unbelievable.

Firring live rounds in the air is dangerous also ,live bullets that goes in the air will surely come down, and if it hits someone in the head it is deadly , so whenever you hear heavy gunshots try to take cover under a roof.

They experimented with this on mythbusters (Discovery Channel) ...... it isn't as deadly as one may think

I never saw that Mythbusters episode, but I can tell you from personal experience that rounds fired like this can in fact be deadly.  We had a female staffer in Iraq killed this way when a bullet fired into the air came down and struck her in the neck.  She was even wearing body armor (the civilian State Department-issued vest, not the larger, military-issued one). She was just walking to eat dinner, and a few minutes later, she was dead.

And how did your orchid exports fare when PAD closed down the airports? Calling Thai citizens "animals" that deserve to die, tells us more about your personality than you realize! :o

thaiorchidsource--- Mr david(think) thats your name or it was when u used to chat with my ex gf online -- haaa the orchid grower from cmx - your are ONE sick individual if you can advocate this sort of crap -- and your married to a thai also -- so please stop this sort of dribble and sorry if this civil unrest is in some way effecting your business as that all that really matter is seems

POLITICAL TURMOIL

CRACKDOWN BEGINS

BANGKOK: -- At least 77 were injured as troops, firing tear gas and shots into the air, moved in to retake the Din Daeng intersection near Victory Monument from protesters.

Troops, firing shots into the air, have apparently retaken control of the Din Daeng intersection from red-shirted protesters, according to TV news reports. There were reportedly some injuries but no immediate reports of death.

At least 77 people suffered minor injuries, many from tear gas, according to hospital reports. About five persons were seriously injured. The red-shirted movement claimed "several" of its members suffered gunshot wounds, and condemned the authorities' use of live bullets in the crackdown.

TV news footage showed soldiers firing shots into the air. Tear gas was also fired, TV reporters at the scene said. A few hundred troops were involved in the operation.

At around 7.20 am, the government announced it was in control of the situation at Din Daeng.

The clash took place around 4 am and left about 50 soldiers and protesters injured, it was reported. Gunshots were still heard after 5 am, but not as intensely as when the crackdown began.

One TV reporter quoted "runaway" protesters as saying that there might have been some deaths. The government reported no death.

The troops were pushing from the Din Daeng intersection toward the Victory Monument. Protesters were scattered and retreated from the intersection to the moment. It appeared that the troops were in almost complete control of the Din Daeng intersection after 6 am.

Col Sansern Kaewkamnerd, Army spokesman, said 300 protesters were in the area when security forces including soldiers and police moved in. He said the troops first tried to negotiate with the protesters, who were allegedly armed with molotov cocktails and tear gas themselves.

He said the talks broke down after some protesters tried to ram buses against the troops.

"The troops had to fire into the air. I repeat. They fired into the air and took action against the protesters," he said.

Some arrests were made, he said, adding that "reluctant participants" of the protest who were forced to stay by fellow protesters were released.

"Similar operations will be carried out in other areas," he said.

Protesters have burnt tyres on a few spots in the Din Daeng area, and there have been concern that red-shirted protesters would resort to arson in response to the crackdown.

Several intersections were still occupied Sunday night by the protesters, who used buses to barricade several major roads, spawning massive traffic jams. Police said up to 30,000 demonstrators were scattered around the city. Police vans at some intersections were abandoned and looted, AP reported.

Protest leaders have woken up red-shirted demonstrators at Government House to inform them of the Din Daeng incident and tell them to prepare themselves for a possible crackdown.

Gunshots at Din Daeng intersection could still be heard around 5 am, but not as intense as an hour earlier. TV footage showed some wounded protesters taken into military vehicles.

Earlier, Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva has assured the nation that there is no disharmony within the government as well as key agencies responsible for enforcing law and order.

In a late-night television address, Abhisit was flanked by all key government, military and police leaders, a setting apparently intended to stamp out persistent speculation that he was losing support of top police and military officers.

He said the rumours were intended to weaken the government which has been trying to restore law and order through peaceful means.

"There have been a lot of rumours and I would like the Thai media to report on the truth to the Thai public," he said.

Among false reports, he said, were claims that security forces had already resorted to violence to suppress the red-shirted protesters.

The prime minister insisted that a united government remained confident that the situation would improve in the next few days.

Abhisit had vowed not to bow to the red-shirted protesters' demand for him to either step down or dissolve the House, and expressed confidence that the military and the police, whom he had reportedly criticised in private, were still firmly on his side. It had been reported that Abhisit singled out police chief Patcharawat Wongsuwan for sharp criticism following Saturday's collapse of the Asean summit with dialogue partners.

Coup rumours were intense late Sunday afternoon but seemed to subside late into the night. Speculation now was focused on when security forces would move against protesters occupying some key areas in the city.

-- The Nation 2009-04-13

Firring live rounds in the air is dangerous also ,live bullets that goes in the air will surely come down, and if it hits someone in the head it is deadly , so whenever you hear heavy gunshots try to take cover under a roof.

They experimented with this on mythbusters (Discovery Channel) ...... it isn't as deadly as one may think

I never saw that Mythbusters episode, but I can tell you from personal experience that rounds fired like this can in fact be deadly.  We had a female staffer in Iraq killed this way when a bullet fired into the air came down and struck her in the neck.  She was even wearing body armor (the civilian State Department-issued vest, not the larger, military-issued one). She was just walking to eat dinner, and a few minutes later, she was dead.

what goes up must come down -- that the principle of artillary - shoot up in the air and the shell will come down - same applies with small arms fire -- maybe loose some of the volicity on the way down but enough energy to inflict some serious damage - i for one would not like to be hit by one of these stray innocent bullets fired in the air -- and these rounds dont just go direct but tumble in flight so there is enough energy to take of an arm still --

thaiorchidsource--- Mr david(think) thats your name or it was when u used to chat with my ex gf online -- haaa the orchid grower from cmx - your are ONE sick individual if you can advocate this sort of crap -- and your married to a thai also -- so please stop this sort of dribble and sorry if this civil unrest is in some way effecting your business as that all that really matter is seems

Well, I am sorry you did not understand my comment about the damage to Thailands economy, but maybe you have a retirement income, and you do not care about the suffering that others are living thru, specifically the Thai people. I will not stup to call you sick however. NO, I did not suffer from the closure of the airport, just delayed some shipments. I am not suffering now. But many Thais in the export business and tourism are, and many of those jobs are gone. I will not take back my comments about those thugs in Bangkok acting like animals, and must be animals. They are being bought to make trouble. Its that simple. Would you call them heros?

Yellow shirt protesters took over airport last gov resigned.

Red shir protesters asking for re-election current gov use guns n kill.

Reading in the foreign press, it seems the hypocrisy of this has not gone unnoticed.

It seems this is going to be a prolonged affair and it is going to be difficult for a government with blood on its hands to seek legitimacy.

This has been on the cards for the past 3 years at least. I remember when I mentioned impending civil war a few years ago, just about everyone thought that even the idea was ridiculous.

With the fact in mind that it has been brewing for so long, how on earth is it going to disappear in the blink of an eye and with a few bullets.

This government and its associates are really showing their true colours, if they win you can look forward to a stifling of all opposition in a myriad of ways. There is the possibility of a dictatorial military led government maybe fronted by the democrats (I doubt that Abhisit would be fronting it).

However what is happening at the moment is I think coupled by some high level talks and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few unlikely rabbits come out of the hat. That would maybe end in some sort of compromise and really point to changes at many points in the top levels.

Although on the other hand it could swing into a long period of military dictatorship in which case the scenario next time would be worse, and lets face it, I think it is better to cure the disease now rather than let it fester and explode again.

For those seeking a solution in the removal of Thaksin and his associates I think you are rather naive and need to read up a bit on your Thai politics.

Rumour (unsubstantiated) at this point - From the streets in front of the foreign ministry - the reds are cheering - news that Abhisit has just resigned.... will see. That is all we need - out of control and the army running us - it beats the red shirts being in power. Maybe it is just Abhisit just stepping down but that means Red Shirts will now go for Gen Prem. The saga continues.

I never saw that Mythbusters episode, but I can tell you from personal experience that rounds fired like this can in fact be deadly. We had a female staffer in Iraq killed this way when a bullet fired into the air came down and struck her in the neck. She was even wearing body armor (the civilian State Department-issued vest, not the larger, military-issued one). She was just walking to eat dinner, and a few minutes later, she was dead.

what goes up must come down -- that the principle of artillary - shoot up in the air and the shell will come down - same applies with small arms fire -- maybe loose some of the volicity on the way down but enough energy to inflict some serious damage - i for one would not like to be hit by one of these stray innocent bullets fired in the air -- and these rounds dont just go direct but tumble in flight so there is enough energy to take of an arm still --

Too right. Those in high rises should stay clear of all windows. A good many years ago when I was living in Bangkok there was a fight across the soi from us, where they were building a new condo. An off duty cop fired three shots into the air to try and calm things down. Next thing, a lot of screaming from the flat directly above ours. The guy had been standing at the window and was killed by one of the bullets. Keep your heads down.

If they come to CM, I hope the army will be there and maybe will use gun...

After 10 or 20 (or 50?) deads, maybe people will be less crazy !

So you hope people will die? I 'hope' a stray bullet comes your way then.

People like you should go back to where you originated from.

its totally sickening to read this sort of post where red neck -sic nazi comments advocate the use of force ending up with the taking of lives - sorry if your peace and quite might be some what disturbed if they did come to cmx - remember it is the home town of taksin -- so i suggest you move - and as the other post suggested = go back from whense you came - and good riddence to thwats like you -

Who is currently posing the greatest threat to the stability of Thailand, I wonder? The red shirts, army or certain TV posters??

Red shir protesters asking for re-election current gov use guns n kill.

Reading in the foreign press, it seems the hypocrisy of this has not gone unnoticed.

It seems this is going to be a prolonged affair and it is going to be difficult for a government with blood on its hands to seek legitimacy.

This has been on the cards for the past 3 years at least. I remember when I mentioned impending civil war a few years ago, just about everyone thought that even the idea was ridiculous.

With the fact in mind that it has been brewing for so long, how on earth is it going to disappear in the blink of an eye and with a few bullets.

This government and its associates are really showing their true colours, if they win you can look forward to a stifling of all opposition in a myriad of ways. There is the possibility of a dictatorial military led government maybe fronted by the democrats (I doubt that Abhisit would be fronting it).

However what is happening at the moment is I think coupled by some high level talks and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few unlikely rabbits come out of the hat. That would maybe end in some sort of compromise and really point to changes at many points in the top levels.

Although on the other hand it could swing into a long period of military dictatorship in which case the scenario next time would be worse, and lets face it, I think it is better to cure the disease now rather than let it fester and explode again.

For those seeking a solution in the removal of Thaksin and his associates I think you are rather naive and need to read up a bit on your Thai politics.

I would think that the Dems or more precisley the Abhisit wing of the Dems are finished. He will likley be Samaked and Somchaied. Already the appointed senate are calling a meeting to discuss government overuse of force. There wil be changes. Some will be rehabilitated while others may face long time in the shadows. The trick though is restoring order and calming everyting down and then creatingan interim government that can oversee change without winding anyone up.

Watch the senate meeting tomorrow and the ex-senators request.There has tobe soemthing we arent seeing or else it will be very bad.

We also dont know what is happening upcountry. The regional divide is bigger thana clas sone and while we hear of reds blocking roads in some places we havent yet heard of what those that oppose reds are doping or even if the silent majority is going to make its voice heard.

Too right. Those in high rises should stay clear of all windows. A good many years ago when I was living in Bangkok there was a fight across the soi from us, where they were building a new condo. An off duty cop fired three shots into the air to try and calm things down. Next thing, a lot of screaming from the flat directly above ours. The guy had been standing at the window and was killed by one of the bullets. Keep your heads down.

OK .... I give up .... you guys are correct and Mythbusters is wrong. I thought their experiments were a bit too simplistic anyway although they measured velocity and penetrating power of several different calibres. They also interviewed a doctor who had treated someone who had been hit by a bullet like this, although the victim wasn't mortally wounded even though struck in the head. I should note that this experiment was in regard to "falling" bullets. Yes indeed round simply fired "above the heads" of protesters will still have significant velocity when they strike those upper story condos.

This statement is correct insofar as the government resigned some time after the yellows took over the airport. However, as stated it implies there was a direct causal link between the two events, which is not true. The last government resigned when the Constitutional Court desolved the ruling party (which happened to occur sometime after the yellows took over the airport). You might as well say "Thailand lost to Vietnam in the Tiger Cup final the last government resigned". Equally valid.

"They fired into the air ..."

Anyone who has been trained with firearms know the dangers of shooting into the air. A bullet has no conscious and comes down with enough velocity to kill someone! Still a dangerous situation! Foolish really!

Good leaders are loved and feared, and it's a little to late for the first one. Crack some skulls Abhisit or this will just be a continuous cycle of political madness and economic instability. By any means necessary especially during times of a world recession there's gotta be a leader that grabs the reins of the country and blatantly states "Don't <deleted> with me."

I wonder how many protesters would hang around if Thaksin stopped paying them? They want immediate change but it takes some time to see the changes from a newly implimented gov't they gave Abhisit what? Three measley months if that. They're now hijacking LPG tankers and opening the valves to release the contents and in effect evacuating entire neighborhoods, do they realize how volitile LPG is? Probably not. These are the same idiots that will drape you over their shoulder and jump up and down in an attempt to save you if your drowning. Go home red's and get an education.