Where To Buy In Bangkok

sillyfools

- I was in Panthip a week ago and I was looking for an external antenna that connects to my Sierra Wireless U881 (3G/EDGE). Sometimes I get 3G at my place but most of the time it's just unreliable EDGE. The building is full of metal and concrete so I wanted to buy a blackcat or similar external antenna to put on the balcony. Any idea where to buy this in BKK. I tried the shop on the corner at the 3rd floor I think run by the Indian guy but they did not have external antenna's for 3G/GSM. Any other shops that you know do?

- Also I have 4 Leonics UPS (750 Watt). Two off them go dead after 10 seconds of power failure so after a few years all batteries are dead. Where can I get those batteries replaced and any idea about the costs?

Cheers,

BTW. In response to my earlier threads ... the Izen Travel Honey (GPS) works like a charm ;-).

1) Not sure but you could try fortune mall, 2nd floor phones, 3rd and 4th computer stuffs, which is convenient because you will be there already for:

2) Amorn Electronics, 4th floor fortune, large repair shop, stocks batteries and all shapes and sizes.

Fortune is right at the Phra Ram9 stop on the subway.

Good luck

Thanks Jdietz.. I'll go and have a look tomorrow. I had forgotten about Fortune completely. They have some specialized shops indeed.

Monty, BKK, Pahonyothin area. Using True HSPA. Getting between 1 and 2 Mbps on it. A few weeks ago even got 4 Mbps down. Now it mostly picks up Edge but I just changed the settings to manual so it only connects when there is 3G and it works. I just want to make sure that I get a stronger signal and have a possibility to try out some other providers when they do their 3G trials but 3G truly beats wifi 256 kbps and forced disconnections every 90 mins :-).

One thing I have to say... I just checked with a torrent application and ports do not appear to be open so if you want to download torrents on true 3G, it appears you are out of luck ;-) which is not a bad thing as it will really keep mobile internet fast.