Petchabuhn Information If You Will

Mahseer

Looks like June I'll be taking up residence in Petchabuhn so need to pull some information from you locals if you don't mind:

1. Internet. What do you lads recommend. Don't need lightning speed just something approaching reliability.

2. TV. Anyone using JSAT? I refuse to pay again for True so what are you lads satisfied with? (Supersport and a news channel will suffice).

3. Serious stuff. Where to get a decent pint of guinness within 25 miles of Petchabuhn Town? Alright make it 50 miles.

4. Friday is fish and chips night. Don't expect cod but any one local offering a decent bit of fish with proper chips?

5, I've lived in many places in the world and Sunday have always hunted for a decent roast dinner. (Lord Jims in Rio was about the best outside of the UK).

6. Decent curry? I will bring some frozen stuff down but it won't last. Any hope of a decent rogan josh?

7. Ale house to meet up with the locals? I understand there was one but now gone so where do you lads drink?

8. BBQ supplies. Mesquite, hickory etc. Am I still dreaming or can these be found locally?

9. One for the missus - decent spa and massage options?

10.And finally to work the guinness, the fish and chips, the curry and the roast dinner off is there a decent gym in town?

Cheers lads

I have heard that you can get all those things in Petchabun City!. Aitch52 will tell you , though he is Nong Phai.

However in our small Petch town - diddly squat.

Well the internet is reasonable -ish and I have just ditched True visions.

Well I am feeling pleased with myself as had a 'hole in one' at the Par 3- 3rd Hole at Battle Horse - Petchabun today. Caddies were delighted - Beers all round!.

I have heard that you can get all those things in Petchabun City!.

Well I certainly hope so but listing was somewhat tongue in cheek as not sure of the demands for a decent pint of the dark stuff but lets see.

Congrats on the hole in one. Maybe I'll finally get around to swinging a club when I'm settled in.

Cheers

Hi Mahseer

1. Internet, I'm using CAT CDMA, sometimes slow but good enough for e-mail, banking etc

2. TV also fed up with True, we have family at the moment not much in the sports line tho

3. Not seen the black stuff here

4. Fish, I like Pla Bakong, they sell it in Lotus

5. I do my own Roast Dinners as I like them too

6. They sell the Madras powder in Lotus reasonable flavour

7. Ale House, there are some bars in the road with the waterfall, good restaurant too

8. 9. & 10 Not seen, I do my own work out at home

well done on the Hole in One Phutoie

Regards Chris

Thanks a lot Chris. Looks like I'll have to get busy at home cooking and do in fact have plans for a BBQ and also a brick oven which will be excellent for the roasts but my curries are always lacking but there is a place here in Chiang Mai who is willing to ship to me and his stuff is absolutely top notch and roghan josh is all of 90baht, lovely.

Would be interested on what you other lads on doing for TV other than donating to those wonderful people at True.

Thanks again

Edited by Mahseer