Mukdahan Immigration

thewilster

After 14 hours (including 7 hours total driving). I finally got a 7 day extention at the cost of 1900B. I have to go back with temp work permit at 750B. Then get a 1 year visa for a further 1900b. Then back to the work permit for a 1 year renewal at 3100. That's just the cost.

I took copies of 1. Temp teachers licence. 2. Letter from the regional education office.3. Letter and contract from school 4.Medical certificate. 5. Application for new work permit. 6. Every used page of my passport. 7. Old work permit. 8. Proof of tax payment. 9. Wife and child.

Not good enough. They want originals, no copies. Got the buggers I thought, these items are in the car.

No, the regional office did not state my salary per month in their letter although it is stated in my contract.

Now anyone that thinks a teachers licence is not required. Try and get a visa without at Mukdahan. It was the second thing they asked to see after my passport.

The little smarmy gent asked for proof of my daughter's relationship to me. That's when I told him to suck my socket set. What has that got to do with me teaching.

Just a warning lads.

I see nothing has changed at Mukdahan then. 3 years ago I got treated like sh_t by them while trying to do my 90 day reporting. I heard later that the staff had a massive changeover but I have read over the past year or so that the treatment is still the same. A german from our area has to pay a couple of thousand baht each time he goes there for "tea money" just to get treated fairly.

Steer clear of them is my advice.

This office has a well earned negative reputation. The staff there, and especially the "Bear" need to all be fired but of course TIT! A little courtesy and compassion would go a long way but that is "devoutly to be wished".................

Nakhon Phanom office is equally infamous for their lack of co-operation, bad advice, ignorance of the laws and so on. I only know 1 guy to get immediate attention (14 minutes for his year"s visa) in 7 years using this office. Coincidence he has an 8 figure sum in 1 bank account -- In Thailand money dictates all.

After 14 hours (including 7 hours total driving). I finally got a 7 day extention at the cost of 1900B. I have to go back with temp work permit at 750B. Then get a 1 year visa for a further 1900b. Then back to the work permit for a 1 year renewal at 3100. That's just the cost.

I took copies of 1. Temp teachers licence. 2. Letter from the regional education office.3. Letter and contract from school 4.Medical certificate. 5. Application for new work permit. 6. Every used page of my passport. 7. Old work permit. 8. Proof of tax payment. 9. Wife and child.

Not good enough. They want originals, no copies. Got the buggers I thought, these items are in the car.

No, the regional office did not state my salary per month in their letter although it is stated in my contract.

Now anyone that thinks a teachers licence is not required. Try and get a visa without at Mukdahan. It was the second thing they asked to see after my passport.

The little smarmy gent asked for proof of my daughter's relationship to me. That's when I told him to suck my socket set. What has that got to do with me teaching.

Just a warning lads.

Just been advised to give a Khon Kaen address so as to report to Nong Khai in future.

Just been advised to give a Khon Kaen address so as to report to Nong Khai in future.

Their reputation is not a lot better. :)

Agreed, but for the last 5 years I was delt with by them. Not good but compared with Mukdahan, it was a pleasure.

Giving a bogus address might work for a retirement extension.

But it won't work for a marriage extension. They have been known to make a vist to check if you are living with the wife.

Plus you might end up making a longer trip for your 90 day reports or to get a re-entry permit.

Giving a bogus address might work for a retirement extension.

But it won't work for a marriage extension. They have been known to make a vist to check if you are living with the wife.

Plus you might end up making a longer trip for your 90 day reports or to get a re-entry permit.

Thanks for the info. I will be working in a town about 60 miles from my home and staying there, Monday/Friday.

Not retirement or marriage extension. Thanks anyway.

From the frying pan into the fire.

Or, as the Thais put it: "Escape the Tiger, Meet the Crocodile."

Edited by toptuan

So, where is it good than?

I was once in Korat, looked ok to me.

What can I await, I rent a house in Chayaphum province, I hear always from some Immigration there I have to go if i need something.

That immigration city name I have never heard of, Ok, there, or should i opt to give my address from Udon T. and go to Nong Khai?

Thanks for advice, Alfred

So, where is it good than?

I was once in Korat, looked ok to me.

What can I await, I rent a house in Chayaphum province, I hear always from some Immigration there I have to go if i need something.

That immigration city name I have never heard of, Ok, there, or should i opt to give my address from Udon T. and go to Nong Khai?

Thanks for advice, Alfred

You go to the Tha Li office. It is north of Loei city near the river. I have read that they are friendly.

Address

2 Thai Li Sub District

Amphoe Tha Li, Loei 42140

Tel: 042889208

email: [email protected]

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...012006&z=17