Cheap Calls To Uk Please

glasshock

Can anyone advise the cheapest way to call the UK using a True landline here in Thailand. I some issues back home that require many calls.

Please help if you can. Sorry if covered before but I just havent the time to search or trawl the internet!

Thanks guys!

Can anyone advise the cheapest way to call the UK using a True landline here in Thailand. I some issues back home that require many calls.

Please help if you can. Sorry if covered before but I just havent the time to search or trawl the internet!

Thanks guys!

Skype's got to be the way forward for the World in the foreseeable future, surely ??

It is for sure... thank you for that. However, my connection via Skype is dubious to say the least and after being on hold for 30 min .... its a right royal pain in the arse when they cant hear you or you get cut off!

Cheers.

I believe that if you dial 00944 instead of 0044 then the charge is only 7Bt a minute.

I'm pretty sure it's more than that ( 7b minute ) because i dial that all the time & my credit still gets demolished after 5 or so minutes, 200 THB or so i'd say in about 7/8 mins..

& i'm on one2call

Edited by MSingh

Thanks guys!

Have you considered pre-paid calling cards? Available in many shops.

Frm-Bkk

Check www.deedial.com I use this when in Thailand, works from mobile phones too, you can get top ups in 7/11's via their bill payment service although it's listed on the 'barcode scan chart' that they have as SawasdeeShop instead of DeeDial which can be slightly confusing.

Pre Paid cards from family mart etc work out at less than 2p a minute to uk landlines

Well the prepaid card works out at 2p a min ( 1 baht/min to a UK land no) but you still have to make a local call to make the connection which is 4 baht/min (on my 1-2-call card), which you start paying as soon as you start trying to make the connection. So wrong nos, unanswered calls etc will all cost you (plus I seem to get more mis-dials).

Therefore using a household land-line phone and the 809 prefix (i.e. dial 001-809-44) will cost 7 baht a min which to my mind is an easier way to go.

Last month I made 33 calls to UK land nos for a total of 97minutes and the cost was 679 baht i.e. exactly 7 baht/min (True land-line, billed by CAT)

The prepaid international dialling cards only seem worthwhile if you are on the move and can't reach home, or if you have a mobile phone contract where you get billed with cheap or free local calls.

Wife got this message on her mobile.

"Save on International calls 5 baht / Min To 25 Destinations.

Dial 005 Followed by 0 Followed by Destination Number

More Info Tel 022719005. Not sure If UK is Among the 25 Destinations ( Not Checked this out )

I Use Landline and it is 7 Baht Same as mobiie Using Prefix Numbers

I believe that if you dial 00944 instead of 0044 then the charge is only 7Bt a minute.

used to use this ,just get a cat card and you can use any phone 2 baht a minute ,great connection every time. NO EXTRA CHARGES,

Edited by thaimate

I use Deedial to call UK although mostly London 020 numbers. The cost is 1 baht per minute. I use my mobile to phone preset numbers (Bangkok 02 numbers preset for upto 20 numbers), the system does not connect but is set to call you back and you hear the dialing tone (there is no charge to my mobile). Call charges to 01/06/07/08/09 numbers and mobiles is 7 baht a minute. I call the Philippines aswell, think that is about 14 baht a minute when I use my mobile.

Can be a little bit of a pain getting topped up in 7/11 as staff seem confused but as I load 500 baht at a time it is a long period between top-ups.

I've not long posted something similar.

I had the usual Skype likers.

Also I found out that there is an international sim card from 7-11.

Then the 'callingcards.com' people.

No more than 3b/min.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Here are my two cents,

This service which I regularly use has a charge of 0.0246 US cents or about 1 Baht / min to UK landlines, Quality is crystal clear this is using their bangkok based number u can call from a true number and pay this rate, you will be charged 3 Baht additionally by true for the call. They also have a Callback service when you are on the move and there u pay about 1.5 Baht / min to UK landlines, it is great when you are not at home or infront of a landline, you can also add multiple numbers to your one account so use the landline and mobile both using one account, it is also available online or at stores in Sukhumvit and Nana, Pratunam areas. Checkout SasteCalls.com GREAT for CALLS from THAILAND to the rest of the world.

• 4 months later...