Best Beach Resort In Sichon

donx

I'd like to spend a couple of nights in Sichon sometime in early July and I'd like to know what is the best beach resort in Sichon. I would prefer not to spend any more than about $100/night though. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Yeoser's Beach Resort - up to 1,800B, best of the bunch, just outside Sichon. New website went live today - a Google search will show it at 7th place.

Piti Resort - about that price range. Some of the bungalows look nice, but others need a makeover.

Krua Poy - 1,000B to 1,500B, smallish, quite quite, nice resort.

Prasaansuk - up to 1,500B, nice, some good beach views

Chomley Beach Resort - a bit further out than Yeoser's, a little cheaper, a little older. Quiet.

I've got some reviews and pictures on my website - see my profile for a link.

Rabiang Sai Resort up in Khanom Beach area is a lovely little resort. Prices range from 600 to 1400Baht a night. There is lots of resorts up in this area with really quiet beaches, well worth a look.

I tried attaching a few photos but my upload speed here is really slow.

John.....

I'd like to spend a couple of nights in Sichon sometime in early July and I'd like to know what is the best beach resort in Sichon. I would prefer not to spend any more than about $100/night though. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't go in sea there though, unless you like swimming in sewage ..... terrible it is. :)

I wouldn't go in sea there though, unless you like swimming in sewage ..... terrible it is. :)

"wouldn't go in the sea there"....???? Well...I live in Sichon, and I swim here almost every day....."sewage"....NO WAY! My 2 year old son and his friends also swim here regularly together with both Thai and farang tourists..... this is a nice place indeed! But yes, we have some prawn and fish farms in the area, but I find the beaches and the water very nice! Actually the beaches are rated better than the ones in both Koh Samui and Phuket! Sichon beaches are rated 4.5 Stars compared to only 4 Stars in Phuket and Koh Samui!!!

If you want to stay at the best beach, go for Thong Ching Bay, here you will find Baan Thong Ching Resort. Google them, they are no 1 at the list. The photos on their website does not however show the real beauty of the beach and the surroundings....this is one of the most beautiful places and resorts in Thailand in my humble opinion....the beach and the nature looks very much like Phi Phi Island..... Give it a try....you're welcome to PM me for further info.

Here I have attached a photo of the beach.

khanom_p_01.jpg

I wouldn't go in sea there though, unless you like swimming in sewage ..... terrible it is. :D

"wouldn't go in the sea there"....???? Well...I live in Sichon, and I swim here almost every day....."sewage"....NO WAY! My 2 year old son and his friends also swim here regularly together with both Thai and farang tourists..... this is a nice place indeed! But yes, we have some prawn and fish farms in the area, but I find the beaches and the water very nice! Actually the beaches are rated better than the ones in both Koh Samui and Phuket! Sichon beaches are rated 4.5 Stars compared to only 4 Stars in Phuket and Koh Samui!!!

Well, what is the name of those 'brown fish' floating by the, Platurd? You can even see the Platurd discolouring the water from the air. Terrible, smelly and wholly unhygenic. I'm talking Hat Piti here and this was last weekend. Sure, Khanom, Khoa Plai Dam and others are maybe cleaner but Hat Piti is disgusting with all the effluent from Sichon floating past. Give me the beaches on the west coast or the islands anyday.

:):D:D (couldn't find the 'vomit' smiley)

• 1 month later...

$100 so I assume u are looking for something special

I usually stay in 400bath a nite type accommodation but here's my advice

I travel to Sichon every 4 months or so (I have been living in BKK for 3years)

The best placed accommodation is Prasaansuk and I stayed there for THB1,000 (just ask for a discount 2 people) -- Some of the older rooms need a bit of t.l.c and the staff are not 'well' trained -- However, the views are good, the balcony is nice to sit out at night time

I prefer Hing Ngam, the cost is 300bath (1 person), 400 (2 people) --- The beach is rocky, but the views are more interesting and u often see dolphins close to shore. The Manager 'Sue' is a 'treasure'. She has a genuine, honest interest in farang and does her best to make u feel at home. She doesn't chase every bath. Last time she helped a farang organise a full day fishing trip and she made a genuine effort to get the best price for the farang.

Piti Resort -- Feels deserted

Water quality --- I am not a water person, but i did swim a little and never considered the water suspect

• 4 weeks later...

I thank everyone for their responses. I'm back from Thailand now and unfortunately wasn't able to go to Sichon or Tha Sala this year. We ended up going to Krabi and Koh Phi Phi because my sister in law works as a travel agent there and got us discounts on boats and hotels. Besides, my wife really wanted to see her sister.

I'll keep all this information in mind for the next time I return.

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I am going to bump this thread as I will be working in the area for a month or so, starting mid- September '09.

So what's the latest on nice, clean, family accomodations on the coast? I will probably have my wife and infant son spend some time with me so if there's any notable kid-friendly places, that would be a bonus.

Sichon is dead-centre of my work area and I will be toddling back and forth between NST and Surat with the odd trip to Samui.

Looking at some of the websites, not many have stated internet access beyond (I think is one location) an internet connected computer in the lobby, probably at wallet-raping rates! I can of course use roaming GPRS/GSM and I assume that the local cellular phone networks are pretty robust in the area.

Thanks for your assistance!

Try this place in Hat Nai Plao, have stayed there 5-6 times now, last time I intended to stay at sichon and all the hotels wanted top money for empty resorts. All looking fairly tired as well. This place with bedroom, large lounge and cooking facilities. Ask about long term rental as know they have discount.

WWW.naiplao.com

OK, I am going to bump this thread as I will be working in the area for a month or so, starting mid- September '09.

So what's the latest on nice, clean, family accomodations on the coast? I will probably have my wife and infant son spend some time with me so if there's any notable kid-friendly places, that would be a bonus.

Sichon is dead-centre of my work area and I will be toddling back and forth between NST and Surat with the odd trip to Samui.

Looking at some of the websites, not many have stated internet access beyond (I think is one location) an internet connected computer in the lobby, probably at wallet-raping rates! I can of course use roaming GPRS/GSM and I assume that the local cellular phone networks are pretty robust in the area.

Thanks for your assistance!

Prasarnsook Villa Resort in Sichon is quite nice...I've lived there for 2 weeks myself....they have broadband internet access...also wireless....nice rooms and the prices are fair with air con rooms from 1,000 THB.

I'm interested to hear more about the sewage in the water in that region.

Is it a real problem? Is it only at certain beaches? Surely the whole stretch from Khanom down to Sichon cannot be polluted?

Simon

Have spent lots of time in the water around the area and certainly doesn't look polluted to me.

• 3 months later...

Dear Olsen

Is the sea calm for swimming in July?

Would you say this is the best beach area with white sand and clear water in the Nakhon area?

The prices are not mentioned on the Thong Ching website and wether it has aircon and hot water.

Appreciate your views as will have drive a hired car from Phuket next year in beginning july so is the water calm for swimming at that time?

If you want to stay at the best beach, go for Thong Ching Bay, here you will find Baan Thong Ching Resort. Google them, they are no 1 at the list. The photos on their website does not however show the real beauty of the beach and the surroundings....this is one of the most beautiful places and resorts in Thailand in my humble opinion....the beach and the nature looks very much like Phi Phi Island..... Give it a try....you're welcome to PM me for further info.

Here I have attached a photo of the beach.

khanom_p_01.jpg

Dear mysticpaki,

Yes, this is defininitely the best beaches around here....not only in Nakhon but in all of Thailand....the water is calm for most of the year....I go there regulartly and I swim all year round....

These rooms/bungalows does not have air con, only fans. Because the resort is located quite remote so the power is not strong enough to run an air con.

The rooms are very airy so it is not too hot inside and I don't find it is necessary to use air con there. But maybe you have another opinion :-)

But they have hot water. The genuine Thai food is excellent.

There is a small market some 2 kilometers away from the resort and also a few small shops in a village nearby.

I suggest you rent a motorbike so you can get easily around, as there is no taxi or busses out there :-)

Edited by olsen

Hi Olsen

Youve hooked me on this place now lol and though ive been to many islands i always prefer mainland as food is always better and cheaper.

You mentioned genuine thai food,i presume thats not at the resort? or is it at the nearby market??

Yes i always hire a car with family or bike when alone.

What should be the price i will have to pay for the month of end july for a double room with hot water.???

Wife is asking how many kilometers drive to the nearest shopping centre?:):)

Is this location more close to Surathani or more near Nakhon si Thammarot??

I also love waterfalls have you been to anyin this area???

So Olsen the sea will be great just like the pics in the month of july

Best Regds

Eddie

Dear mysticpaki,

Yes, this is defininitely the best beaches around here....not only in Nakhon but in all of Thailand....the water is calm for most of the year....I go there regulartly and I swim all year round....

These rooms/bungalows does not have air con, only fans. Because the resort is located quite remote so the power is not strong enough to run an air con.

The rooms are very airy so it is not too hot inside and I don't find it is necessary to use air con there. But maybe you have another opinion :-)

But they have hot water. The genuine Thai food is excellent.

There is a small market some 2 kilometers away from the resort and also a few small shops in a village nearby.

I suggest you rent a motorbike so you can get easily around, as there is no taxi or busses out there :-)

Dear mysticpaki,

Yes, this is defininitely the best beaches around here....not only in Nakhon but in all of Thailand...

Suggest you do a bit more traveling.

:)

I love your joyful, constructive and positive posts ... tell me...have you ever visited Thong Ching Bay yourself? But you still do not agree it is amongst the best beaches in Thailand?? OK...each to his own taste....then I will enjoy this beach all by myself ;-)

Hi Eddie,

The genuine Thai Food I referred to was actually at the resort...it is Thai owned, Thai managed and the chef is Thai. They make Thai food for Thai guests......so genuine Thai food when it's best!

There are plenty of waterfalls in Nakhon Si Thammarat. So far I've only visited one....Khao Nan Nationalparl...but I know there are many more also closer to Khanom.... I suggest you Google Khanom Waterfall ....I don't have any experiences about this myself ;-)

Khanom is located 10 kilometer closer to Surat Than than to Nakhon Si Thammarat....

As for pricing I suggest you visit their website: www.baanthongching.com

Nearest shopping center is Tesco/Lotus in Tha Sala some 50 kilometers south of Khanom against Nakhon Si Thammarat.

And finally Yes, Eddie, the sea will be like the photo....calm and no big waves..... :-)

I love your joyful, constructive and positive posts ... tell me...have you ever visited Thong Ching Bay yourself? But you still do not agree it is amongst the best beaches in Thailand?? OK...each to his own taste....then I will enjoy this beach all by myself ;-)

Olsen, give it a rest will you. I walked down that coastline way before the road was ever constructed. Yes, it is ok but no, it is not amongst the best beaches in Thailand, far from it. Clean the rose tint from your glasses and as I said before maybe time for you to do a bit more traveling.

Actually, you enjoy that beach by yourself ...... and I just hope that there is no internet access there - so we don't have to continue listening to you.

:)

Khanom beaches are nice enough, nothing to do there and still a lot of work needed to make the place livable though. I wouldn't say they're the nicest beaches in the country though, some beautiful little beaches in the west of Phangnga and up in Rayong, the bottom end of Koh Samet is absolutely georgeous. Each to their own.

Hi Olsen

Sorry for being a pest.

You mentioned Tesco Lotus 50 km south of Khanom against Nakhon si Thammaret. AGAINST meaning next/close to Nakhon Si Thammerat??? Im confused:):)

Where is the location of Thong Ching beach.I mean what bigger beach is it located near it and how many kilometers as i cant find Haat Thong Ching mentioned on any map ??? Yes i will have a rented car.

Are you in the real estate business??

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Regds Eddie

Hi Eddie,

The genuine Thai Food I referred to was actually at the resort...it is Thai owned, Thai managed and the chef is Thai. They make Thai food for Thai guests......so genuine Thai food when it's best!

There are plenty of waterfalls in Nakhon Si Thammarat. So far I've only visited one....Khao Nan Nationalparl...but I know there are many more also closer to Khanom.... I suggest you Google Khanom Waterfall ....I don't have any experiences about this myself ;-)

Khanom is located 10 kilometer closer to Surat Than than to Nakhon Si Thammarat....

As for pricing I suggest you visit their website: www.baanthongching.com

Nearest shopping center is Tesco/Lotus in Tha Sala some 50 kilometers south of Khanom against Nakhon Si Thammarat.

And finally Yes, Eddie, the sea will be like the photo....calm and no big waves..... :-)