All Sports Network

As a follow up to my own question, I just found the description from Star below. I am hoping it is the same one and if it is, I am starting to get excited:

All Sports Network

All Sports Network, ASN, a brand new 24-hour Pan Asian sports channel featuring exclusive coverage of some of the America's biggest sports and other thrilling action events from around the world including the U.S. National Football League (NFL – up to 4 live games per week), the National Hockey League (NHL – up to 5 live games per week), and NCAA college basketball and football, March Madness, Motor-sports (such as Formula Drift, Touring Car, GT racing), Extreme Sports, Pro

Thats ok if you are from USA/CANADA but can us Brits have some Cricket and Rugby Union/League OK we get some 7s rugby but what about British Lions Tour?

For crissake, binnsy, TrueV has five sports channels that are damm near 24/7 with soccer. Why not suggest to them that they scale back just a bit on that, and squeeze in some other sports. By the way, I have seen listings for cricket. Do you check the listings?

If we had as much American football on TV here as we already have European football, hehehehe, I'd be in heaven... :) As it is, we'll be lucky to get 4 live NFL games per week next season on ASN...

I think the European and other soccer fan folks will have to get by with not 5 live games, but FIVE WHOLE CHANNELS running the stuff almost 24/7... YAWN...... :D

Binnsy didn't say anything about soccer, he was talking about cricket and rugby - which are not covered. The only cricket that gets on is pay per view.

Oh, and JFC, it sucks but they do the same Silver/Gold/Platinum split with other channels like BBC News, Star World etc. It's a pain in the wallet, but it's pretty sound marketing - you'll end up going for Platinum like I did.

I won't give True the extra money for Platinum. Their broadcast offerings don't deserve it.

I'm not sure you're correct about BBC News. It IS offered on Gold and Platinum, and not on the lower levels. However, I see True's done a similar thing with Star World, making it available on Platinum and Silver, but not Gold.

I see Silver in my future, as soon as the NBA Finals on ESPN are finished...

• 3 weeks later...
I won't give True the extra money for Platinum. Their broadcast offerings don't deserve it.

I'm not sure you're correct about BBC News. It IS offered on Gold and Platinum, and not on the lower levels. However, I see True's done a similar thing with Star World, making it available on Platinum and Silver, but not Gold.

I see Silver in my future, as soon as the NBA Finals on ESPN are finished...

Why not just offer it only on Plat - force people who want it to upgrade. I would guess that most subscribers are on Gold Package.

I am thinking of downgrading to silver to see if I miss the re-runs on HBO while watching this channel and starworld for a few hund baht less a month.

I think that's the strategy of True. Offer it on the Platinum pack and basically force those on Gold to upgrade. Not many Gold users are willing to downgrade to Silver and loose what they have now.If you are a dedicated sports nut and only want to watch NFL And NHL then the cheaper Silver is a good choice for less cash and this will attract the possible subscriber that does not have True now and it opens the door to new customers and we all know once you come in then you have a tendency to spend.

I think that's the strategy of True. Offer it on the Platinum pack and basically force those on Gold to upgrade. Not many Gold users are willing to downgrade to Silver and loose what they have now.If you are a dedicated sports nut and only want to watch NFL And NHL then the cheaper Silver is a good choice for less cash and this will attract the possible subscriber that does not have True now and it opens the door to new customers and we all know once you come in then you have a tendency to spend.

I am not sure there is a strategy in all this. ASN was a replacement for STC which was a music station, Nickelodeon replaced AMAX (Japanese cartoons) and AXN Beyond replaced BBC Entertainment (which was not a popular move among the Brits). I do think they will realign their offerings at some point, but at present, I don't think they were thinking specifically of a strategy when they made this change, other than as a package, these channels were apparently cheaper than the previous group.

My downgrade from True Gold to Silver took effect with the first of the month on Wednesday, and thus it was my first day to see ASN.... the main reason I made the change...

Not too excited the first day...as the entire daylong schedule seemed to be "drift" auto racing and bull riding... (I'm from California...give me a break... :D )

But I woke up today (Thursday morning) to a replay of the great Super Bowl game between the Steelers and the Cardinals. And then I see the rest of the day's schedule (ALL DAY AND NIGHT) is back to back NFL playoff games.... OK...that alone is worth my subsription for the month...

Gotta agree with BKKJames above. While it was nice to have HBO with True's Gold package, getting back StarWorld, gaining ASN, and even E Entertainment TV (and some others I gave up with the Gold package) in the Silver package is more than enough to keep me satisfied...and save a few hundred baht every month to boot.

The only thing that might have persuaded me to keep Gold or go to Platinum was if I could have seen the U.S. version of CNN with the Gold or Platinum packages. I was expecting that when I first switched to Gold a few months back. But low and behold, the CNN offered here on True is the International version. Meaning I got to watch countless World Sports news broadcasts filled with soccer, and interminable reports from Africa... Thanks, but... no thanks....

PS - CNN has a live audio feed of their U.S. cable television broadcast on their web site. So even if you can't see U.S CNN on True here, you can listen to the audio feed off CNN's web site for free.

PPS - Can't wait for the start of the NFL season. Might even be persuaded to watch a bit of NHL hockey. :)

My downgrade from True Gold to Silver took effect with the first of the month on Wednesday, and thus it was my first day to see ASN.... the main reason I made the change...

Not too excited the first day...as the entire daylong schedule seemed to be "drift" auto racing and bull riding... (I'm from California...give me a break... :D )

But I woke up today (Thursday morning) to a replay of the great Super Bowl game between the Steelers and the Cardinals. And then I see the rest of the day's schedule (ALL DAY AND NIGHT) is back to back NFL playoff games.... OK...that alone is worth my subsription for the month...

Gotta agree with BKKJames above. While it was nice to have HBO with True's Gold package, getting back StarWorld, gaining ASN, and even E Entertainment TV (and some others I gave up with the Gold package) in the Silver package is more than enough to keep me satisfied...and save a few hundred baht every month to boot.

The only thing that might have persuaded me to keep Gold or go to Platinum was if I could have seen the U.S. version of CNN with the Gold or Platinum packages. I was expecting that when I first switched to Gold a few months back. But low and behold, the CNN offered here on True is the International version. Meaning I got to watch countless World Sports news broadcasts filled with soccer, and interminable reports from Africa... Thanks, but... no thanks....

PS - CNN has a live audio feed of their U.S. cable television broadcast on their web site. So even if you can't see U.S CNN on True here, you can listen to the audio feed off CNN's web site for free.

PPS - Can't wait for the start of the NFL season. Might even be persuaded to watch a bit of NHL hockey. :)

I hadn't seen hockey in years. Then I got ASN just in time for the Stanley Cup playoffs and it reminded me of why I used to love this sport. In addition, watching NHL on the Fly (the post game shows) was great. So, for me, ASN is worth it for the NFL games and NHL games. I too, am not that keen on pro Bull riding (although I am a Cowboys fan), nor car racing, but the NFL and NHL makes it all worthwhile.

I certainly can't complain about ASN's NFL day...the other day... What a great change for Thailand... WOO HOO!!!!!

But I must say, I was a bit mystified by how they programmed it... They started with the Super Bowl game early in the morning starting about 8 am... and then seemingly went backward thru the conference finals games, and then ended with the divisional playoffs late into the night and early the next morning.

Since True, via True Sports, hadn't shown one whole half of the NFL playoffs this year, it was great to catch up on some of the games I had missed the first time around.

I even thought ASN's promos with the various Big 10 coaches were a bit funny...even after seeing that one about the 100th time... :)