Thai Visa 60 Days

You now have a 30 day visa exempt stamp. You can not obtain more than a 7 day extension of that inside Thailand and it would cost 1,900 baht. You can cross a border and return to obtain a new visa exempt stamp but it would only be 15 days if done by land/sea. You can visit a Royal Thai Consulate or Embassy in another country to obtain a normal tourist visa which will allow a 60 day stay that can be extended 30 days. Vientiane also provides a 2 entry type currently. Until June 4 these are free of charge. Takes overnight at most places (Penang issues same day).

Hi chaps thanks for the advice

Penang seems like a good option. So in order to get 60 days I need to visit the Thai consulate in another country, Cambodia not included?

Just thinking of keeping costs down as Im going with my girlfriend

Also how about flying to HAT YAI and taxi to Sadao border or does this only allow me the 15 day visa?? LAOS is another option??

Thanks for your help

PP can be used. It used to be rather unfriendly but currently seems to be OK. But if you go to Vientiane you can get a two entry tourist visa (free currently) that would allow up to almost six months (with extensions). Other places will be single entry only.

No visas are issued at border. Although Penang is only about a two hour drive from Sadao. Hat Yai is a good town for short vacation with Songkhla beach only 30 minutes away and good cheap hotels available (except Friday/Saturday or Malaysian holidays). You can taxi from Hat Yai to Penang and back or use mini vans if want to save money.

One other thing is Penang will return tourist visa same day currently. Most places it will be next day service.

Edited by lopburi3

I have a double entry visa from Beijing,China.Does this mean I have to leave after 30 days to enter a 2nd time for another 30,then extend for 30 more days to make 90 or can I stay for 60 days without leaving then another 60 days,then extend this for another 30 days...thanks,confused!!! :)

I have a double entry visa from Beijing,China.Does this mean I have to leave after 30 days to enter a 2nd time for another 30,then extend for 30 more days to make 90 or can I stay for 60 days without leaving then another 60 days,then extend this for another 30 days...thanks,confused!!! :)

What is your nationality?

For citizens of a western country a tourist visa is normaly 60 days, which you can extend by 30 days for 1,900 baht. After that leave the country and return and you can do the same again. So you can extend both entries by 30 days.

Keep in mind the expiry date of the visa. You must enter the 2nd time before that date!

Hi thanks for the info

I could probably fly to Hat Yai with GF from BKK and then get a mini bus from HAT YAI to Penang? Is this costly and how long would it take?

My GF is Thai me UK so we would both need a VISA for Malaysia? Any idea of the cost

Another alternative is to fly to UDON THANI and then mini bus it to LAOS, but this is not a same day service? Also GF would not require a VISA, would I require one.

Thanks all just looking at all the options.

Butterworth is just a 20 minute ferry ride from Penang and train station is directly connected - you would not likely arrive in time to get visa the same day but Georgetown, Penang is a nice stay for a day or two. Very pleasant to tour this colonial city in trike in late afternoon/early evening. But best to get trike driver from hotel queues as some are less than reputable and demand more than agreed.

What is your nationality?

For citizens of a western country a tourist visa is normaly 60 days, which you can extend by 30 days for 1,900 baht. After that leave the country and return and you can do the same again. So you can extend both entries by 30 days.

Keep in mind the expiry date of the visa. You must enter the 2nd time before that date!

Hi Mario,I'm British.

So I don't actually have to leave after 60 days,I have a 60 day double entry visa that I can extend for 30 days.

You say I must enter the 2nd time before expiration of the date on the visa,I'm guessing that will be about 90 days/3 months after it was issued but I will check,is that correct so far?