Local Thai Neighbours Call Me 'mr Bean' And Now Farang

syd barrett

I've never seen your photo album before. Up to you if you want to believe it... in fact I wish I hadn't looked in the first place so I couldn't make the connection with Meg the internet girl and the real life specimen because now that I know who you are I'll be seeing you all over town. It's just another clue you've got tickets on yourself, thinking all members would take the time to view your personal profile.

BINGO!

I don't need to waste my time responding to you. Allow me to quote a few of your posts from December last year.

Meg_2003: Ok - for all those people left wondering, I have just added a gallery to my profile..

Tropo: You look fine Meg, but how can I ever take you seriously on here after seeing them?

Just another quote to rub it in :D

NaanLaew: Is Meg_2003 hot?

Tropo: I wouldn't knock her back. :D :D :D

Apologies for the weird quote boxes, I couldn't figure out how to get them on here from another thread.

But its all in black and white here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Careefour-Pa....html&st=50

Ok, Ok.. Just 1 more quote.. You wish you had never have seen my photo's, and you're convinced that I couldn't wait to post them on here so that I could 'compare myself to 'megastars'' ... Yet you were the one yourself asking me to post photo's..

Meg_2003: Seriously Tropo, do you have the hots for me or something?

Tropo: I remember awhile back you said you were hot, so post a photo and I'll let you know.

:)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was last December fair Meg. He was mesmerized with your inference (and other BM's allusions) to your stunning beauty. Then you posted your gallery and he realized you were the very same girl that knocked him back on the visa run... that's the run that he can't forget and the one you can't remember. He became besotted but now he's all torn up, knowing that all the medications, steroids, exercise, dietary supplements and (possibly contemplating) plastic surgery cannot replace the vigor and firmness of youth. He certainly does seem to have changed from forum flirtation to downright nastiness; sticking pins in his wayward Barbie Doll.

Anyway, you really should dress more conservatively and try and disguise your beauty lest it drives him even more crazy.... Wait, isn't there some religion that already embraces that?

Edited by NanLaew

Yeah, I saw a small photo in your Avatar, but it was not large enough to identify you by in person, and I did not see a photo album. Until yesterday I had never seen your photo album. Yesterday was the very first time I connected Meg the Internet girl with the real life specimen.

In actual fact it was my GF who identified you as the girl on the visa run. She saw your photo and said "hey, that's the really white girl (and her friend) we saw on the visa run". She's seen you around town a lot because she likes shopping at markets. She has a very good memory for faces.

Do I have the hots for you or something? No, I'm very satified with my cute Asian girl thanks.

Good post Naanlaew! :D

that's the one that he can't forget and the one you can't remember.

You got that right :)

He certainly does seem to have changed from forum flirtation to downright nastiness;

Unfortunately, I've warned him about this many times now, but he just won't listen... :D Oh well!

Next time one you know well calls you it reply with the following,

mai chai pom cheu Jack Daw Saan.

If you pronounce it correctly and they understand you your problems will be over.

Ask your wife to explain, she will verify if true or not.

:)

Jack Door Saan

Phut Thai:

"Jackie Little Dick"

(Hah!)

But what the heck's that got to do with Mr. Bean...?

:D

Meg_2003

Glad to see you took your gallery pics down. Just checked they were not there, never saw them, but people judge folks enough on looks to cause you grief, or a lot of attention, esp.

from this group. You would not believe the number of unsolicited marriage proposals, and less formal suggestions, I have received based on my pics and my nick name. A few were even from women.

Just goes to show you the worst thing about a public forum is the same as the problem with public transportation... they let just anyone on.

kdf

I also get called Britney Spears or Avril Lavigne by quite a few Thai people.. Maybe because they don't know any other foreign females to compare me to? ...

strange that, I often get labelled Bernard Breslaw, Big Bill Werbinek (the dead snooker player) or even Shrek on occasions. Am I offended? No of course not, these are all great people of our time.

Syd, embrace the Mr. Bean label you have been given.

Ha Ha, I thought I was the only one who remembered Bill Weibernek, he used to down 12 pints of lagers just to steady his cue...

As you said, better to embrace the nickname as a friendly and not malicious term.

I'm just sorry my original post attracted so much bad feeling from a couple of TV members towards a fellow poster, good to see some nasty posts removed.

Thanks all.

I also get called Britney Spears or Avril Lavigne by quite a few Thai people.. Maybe because they don't know any other foreign females to compare me to? ...

strange that, I often get labelled Bernard Breslaw, Big Bill Werbinek (the dead snooker player) or even Shrek on occasions. Am I offended? No of course not, these are all great people of our time.

Syd, embrace the Mr. Bean label you have been given.

Ha Ha, I thought I was the only one who remembered Bill Weibernek, he used to down 12 pints of lagers just to steady his cue...

As you said, better to embrace the nickname as a friendly and not malicious term.

I'm just sorry my original post attracted so much bad feeling from a couple of TV members towards a fellow poster, good to see some nasty posts removed.

Thanks all.

Were some nasty posts removed ? Did I miss something ??

Yeah, I saw a small photo in your Avatar, but it was not large enough to identify you by in person, and I did not see a photo album. Until yesterday I had never seen your photo album. Yesterday was the very first time I connected Meg the Internet girl with the real life specimen.

In actual fact it was my GF who identified you as the girl on the visa run. She saw your photo and said "hey, that's the really white girl (and her friend) we saw on the visa run". She's seen you around town a lot because she likes shopping at markets. She has a very good memory for faces.

Do I have the hots for you or something? No, I'm very satified with my cute Asian girl thanks.

Yawn.. Yeah right.. Whatever Tropo..

And by the way.. the "Do you have the the hots for me or something" comment was from December last year.. You already answered my question with "I wouldn't knock her back."

P.s It's 'Satisfied', not 'satified' ...

Meg_2003

Glad to see you took your gallery pics down. Just checked they were not there, never saw them, but people judge folks enough on looks to cause you grief, or a lot of attention, esp.

from this group. You would not believe the number of unsolicited marriage proposals, and less formal suggestions, I have received based on my pics and my nick name. A few were even from women.

Just goes to show you the worst thing about a public forum is the same as the problem with public transportation... they let just anyone on.

kdf

:) I didn't remove my Photo Album KDF.. I checked my profile and its showing up for me ok.. Can you check it again and let me know if its showing? I'm not going to let one loser ruin my time on ThaiVisa :D Don't worry, I can handle it :D

Meg_2003

kdf

:) I didn't remove my Photo Album KDF.. I checked my profile and its showing up for me ok.. Can you check it again and let me know if its showing? I'm not going to let one loser ruin my time on ThaiVisa :D Don't worry, I can handle it :D

yep still there, and I wouldn't worry too much about Trop and yes, they are nice pics!

It started as a quiet joke some months ago, when local Thai neighbours labelled me with the nickname 'Mr Bean'. Now the whole neighbourhood have labelled me as 'Mr Bean'. Should I feel offended?

Surely, Mr. Bean is a socially inept misfit with obvious physical features and mannerisms that are gauche, clearly someone who is not a role-model, and just a figure of fun.

How can I 'Nip this in the Bud' and return to being an anonymous 'Mr Barrett'?

Kind advice and responses appreciated.

My TGF's neice also says I look like Mr. Bean. I think any dark-haired farang on the slim side is looked on as such...im not offended.

And by the way.. the "Do you have the the hots for me or something" comment was from December last year.. You already answered my question with "I wouldn't knock her back."

You're still at it?

Yawn... yeah right...whatever Miss Britney Spears.

You posted a small avatar pic which I commented on in a tongue in cheek manner. I'm sorry you took it so seriously (literally).

There's a huge difference between Meg the avatar and the real deal visa run incarnation thereof. A blonde version of Mortisha Adams would have been a far closer approximation of what I saw that day.

BTW, FYI, it's usually written "PS". It's never written P.s

As a few posters have already said - you have been accepted in your comminity when you have been given a nickname. I have been 'Hippo' for so long now that if anyone says 'Peter', my wife has to tell me that they are talking to me! However, if my wife calls me 'Peter' (a very rare thing) then I know that she wants a very big favour or I have done something wrong!

It's a similar thing that happens in the West - if you are known to your family as 'Tom', when your Mum screams 'Thomas!' - you are in trouble.

You're still at it?

You posted a small avatar pic which I commented on in a tongue in cheek manner. I'm sorry you took it so seriously (literally).

There's a huge difference between Meg the avatar and the real deal visa run incarnation thereof. A blonde version of Mortisha Adams would have been a far closer approximation of what I saw that day.

BTW... Mortisha is spelt as Morticia. :)

You're still at it?

You're still at it?

Yawn... Now you're just starting to make a fool out of yourself. :D

You're the one who asked me to post my pictures in the first place. Are you getting Alzheimer's old TropTrop? :D I posted an album of photo's not a small avatar pic. Go check out the dates the pictures were added if you're so convinced. Any old excuse ay Trop?

I know many, many ThaiVisa members personally, some of whom I see on a regular basis of 2-3 times a week. Do you really think I'm going to embarrass myself and post pictures which I look nothing like? FYI, I couldn't care less how you think I look. Seriously though, you're funny :D:)

Ok, Honestly, You should get your facts right before trying to prove me wrong. http://www.wisegeek.com/in-a-letter-what-does-ps-mean.htm

Have a nice day :D

Edited by Meg_2003

yep still there, and I wouldn't worry too much about Trop and yes, they are nice pics!

Thanks for letting me know! I think KDF must have had a few too many drinks :D

Thank you and everyone else for the nice comments too :)

By the way, It's spelt MORTICIA ADDAMS..

Not Mortisha Adams..

Sheesh... :):D

You're one sad man!

Meg,

I think that you should post a few more pics of yourself, with and without makeup (or rather just a smidgen) and Tropo can start a poll to see if people think you are ugly : so-so : good looking : beautiful: DD Gorgeous.

Meg and tropo - if you two have issues - take it to PM.

Thanx.

Now lets get back to helping bean find his sausage.

Apologies Soundman.

Tropo is the one who started with personal insults about my looks, In which I feel I must respond to to stick up for myself on this public forum.

I am not the one writing personal insults about the way people look.

Meg and tropo - if you two have issues - take it to PM.

Thanx.

Now lets get back to helping bean find his sausage.

Syd Barrett is probably rolling on the floor laughing too hard to find his sausage.

Meg,

I think that you should post a few more pics of yourself, with and without makeup (or rather just a smidgen) and Tropo can start a poll to see if people think you are ugly : so-so : good looking : beautiful: DD Gorgeous.

At your request.. :)

I've nothing to hide :D

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/gallery-user29633.html

Edited by Meg_2003

BTW... Mortisha is spelt as Morticia. :)

Yes, you are quite right. Thanks!

It's really great to have some online spell checkers here.

Edited by tropo