Mobile Internet Access

I'm looking for comments/advice on the best value for money (cost v quality) options for mobile internet access for a Laptop computer here in Thailand.

Recent good speed computer and only in the major centres like Chang Mai, Udon, Bangkok, Pattaya & Phuket.

Thanks for any comments.

If you need reliable internet access all over Thailand then EDGE is the most reliable option, you can read all about EDGE and view a range of devices at edgethailand.com, it's run by a friendly and knowledgeable English guy who can advise you properly.

EDGE can be very cheap, and it's speed is fine for normal web browsing or email, I also know people who are active in share trading who swear by EDGE as it's totally reliable, and reliability is often more important than outright speed for business users.

If you were mostly static in a major city outside of Bangkok then CAT Telecom offer a EVDO service which is very fast, however the downside is that it's simply not reliable for travel as there are so many places where it either does not work at all or switches to the slower CDMA access.

I'm looking for comments/advice on the best value for money (cost v quality) options for mobile internet access for a Laptop computer here in Thailand.

Recent good speed computer and only in the major centres like Chang Mai, Udon, Bangkok, Pattaya & Phuket.

Thanks for any comments.

Hi I got an EDGE air card modem from Thai classified. It gives me connection wherever I am. I use the AIS 1-2 call mobile network as they ave a very good coverage throughout the country and I get 30 hours for 100 baht a month. They also do 250 hours for 500 baht and 1000 baht for unlimited access. You simply top up from a 7/11 or other outlet. The download speeds are very good and the software I got with the air card is very good also. Well worth the money :)

Hello,

If you are interested in Hutch MBI, I am selling a 1 year prepaid service, including the device, for 10,000 THB. The service has worked great for me in Bangkok. I have to sell it because my company laid off all falang just several days after I made the purchase. I paid 12,500 THB for the year of service and device on 27 April 2009.

Thanks,

lis

Thanks for any comments.