New Cs Loxinfo Adsl Promotion

Mikebkk

CS Loxinfo reduced their prices for ADSL today. They are now:

Home 256/128 - 590 baht/month

Home 512/256 - 800 baht/month

Home 1024/512 - 1,000 baht/month

and free USB modem, with an optional installation charge of 500B. The salesman on the phone actually told me not to bother with this, as self-installation was easy! But I'm not an expert in this area and might go along with it even so, unless it really is that easy ? (any explanations gratefully received!) You need to pay 2 months upfront, and minimum 6 month contract. Prices are exc VAT.

For comparison, last month's prices were:

Basic 256/128 Kbps - 590 baht / month

Advance 256/128 Kbps - 1,000 baht / month

And an extra 800B for the USB modem, rising to 1500B with the installation included. I'm not sure what Advance is (presumably lower contention ratio), or what the contention ratio is on the new prices.

So all in all, seems like quite a decent reduction. Although the basic price stays the same, the 512 and 1024 options seem to make them a lot more competitive with True. Time will tell what the service will be like though I guess. It wasn't possible to get a True line in my building, so this is really my only decent option. I've signed up today, and been given an installation date of the 5th. I'll let you know how it goes :o I wanted to sign up for the 1024/512 service but they said that won't be ready till the middle of the month. In the meantime I'm on the 512/256 and can upgrade when it's ready.

The sign-up link for anyone interested is http://adsl.csloxinfo.com/dealer/web_adsl/formeng.asp

Edited by Mikebkk

TOT already supplies me with a 1024/256 line for 1000 baht a month.

Why should I want to pay Loxley another 1000?

The 1024/512 deal is not on the "contact sales guy" form.

How about becuase the TOT supplied system is using a much higher contention ratio for users on single curcuits and blocks many ports making lots of internet applications impossible..

And the fact that getting them to provide SMTP servers and news servers etc is a hassle.. The TOT and TT&T inclusive packages are very light on service or features..

TOT already supplies me with a 1024/256 line for 1000 baht a month.

Why should I want to pay Loxley another 1000?

The 1024/512 deal is not on the "contact sales guy" form.

How about becuase the TOT supplied system is using a much higher contention ratio for users on single curcuits and blocks many ports making lots of internet applications impossible..

And the fact that getting them to provide SMTP servers and news servers etc is a hassle.. The TOT and TT&T inclusive packages are very light on service or features..

TOT fails on the international links, not internal, and that side is the responsibility of CAT,

quite another organisation.

A mail server/SMTP gateway would be useful but not essential.

Local isp news servers these days are pathetic, with so many groups deleted.

If you want to read news you really need a commercial service.

TOT has not limits on time or download volume, at the moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home 2072/512 ADC free Dial-up 10 hours/month

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is that? Who uses dial up if you have ADSL? To be used if your ADSL is down? What the value 10 hours dialup? 50 baht?

Maybe they are not quite sure about their ADSL service.

Home 2072/512 ADC free Dial-up 10 hours/month

What is that? Who uses dial up if you have ADSL? To be used if your ADSL is down? What the value 10 hours dialup? 50 baht?

Maybe they are not quite sure about their ADSL service.

This is for when adsl is down, most definitely.