Car Rental

kimincm

Friends arriving next week and our car will be too small to tour everybody around comfortably=Rent.

Anybody know a car rental agency that does not need payment by Credit Card as I do not have one.

I've looked around quite a bit to no avail.

Thanks in advance Kim.

Anybody know a car rental agency that does not need payment by Credit Card as I do not have one.

I've looked around quite a bit to no avail.

Thanks in advance Kim.

I don't think it would stretching the truth to say that NORTHWEELS are the most professional guys aound for car rental. They'll deliver the car to your door if you want.

You will probably have to pay a larger DEPOSIT if you pay cash.

www.northwheels.com

If you want to pay by cash, you will have to deposit at least the amount of the insurance deductible (from 3000-20000THB, depends on the company).

Northwheels is one of the best car rentals in Chiang mai. I only use another company if they are booked out. That happens often during high season.

Edit: Northwheels got the isuzu mu-7, a great car for up to 8 people (3 rows SUV) and they got a lot vehicles of that kind. Expensive, but comfortable and a lot of fun to drive with.

Edited by db1tau

If you want to pay by cash, you will have to deposit at least the amount of the insurance deductible (from 3000-20000THB, depends on the company).

Northwheels is one of the best car rentals in Chiang mai. I only use another company if they are booked out. That happens often during high season.

Edit: Northwheels got the isuzu mu-7, a great car for up to 8 people (3 rows SUV) and they got a lot vehicles of that kind. Expensive, but comfortable and a lot of fun to drive with.

Usually pay cash when renting from any of the places south of Somphet market on Moonuang road. Never recall paying a deposit, though some of the places require you to leave your passport. Not sure if some these places would even take a credit card.

Without fail, for the last couple years, Northwheels has been booked whenever I tried to make a reservation. This is during high season or low season or otherwise. Yes, I only gave them a day or two notice--looks like people book well ahead of time. I play it by ear on my travels. So I bypass them completely now.

My regular place is Scorpion, south of Somphet, in a little shack. Toyota Yaris for 1000 baht a day, no deposit, and they only require a copy of my passport now that they know me.

Edited by mild7even

Usually pay cash when renting from any of the places south of Somphet market on Moonuang road. Never recall paying a deposit, though some of the places require you to leave your passport. Not sure if some these places would even take a credit card.

Without fail, for the last couple years, Northwheels has been booked whenever I tried to make a reservation. This is during high season or low season or otherwise. Yes, I only gave them a day or two notice--looks like people book well ahead of time. I play it by ear on my travels. So I bypass them completely now.

My regular place is Scorpion, south of Somphet, in a little shack. Toyota Yaris for 1000 baht a day, no deposit, and they only require a copy of my passport now that they know me.

Thanks everybody for the input, Northwheels only receives payment by C.C. these days,thanks again Kim