Roadtrip To Khon Kaen.

We're planning a 4 or 5 day road trip up to Khon Kaen with a few mate this month but as i've never been up there before could anyone offer any advice on where to go, stay and drink etc.

Many thanks.

DT.

:)

Try looking on khonkaen.com/forum this will give you details of nightlife, ex pat bars, hotels and eating places

Don't go to the disco in the bottom of the Sofitel - the last time I did I ended up drunk and in the companion of a few friendly locals - hated Khon Kaen :)

Lunch buffet at the Sofitel Hotel is the best in Thailand.........so great! But not a bikers type of place.

There is a German restaurant there.......sorry, can't remember the name..........but easy to find (only one in town I think). I love the food there........can sit and have a beer or two or three.

Lots of Pattaya-like bars down the street from the Sofitel Hotel........also a mall near there where you can find lots of good computer stuff/phones.......Starbucks is in the mall.

It does have a KFC and McDonalds at another mall.

Really it is not too big of a town........I would start with the Sofitel Hotel and check out the surrounding area.

I think you'll get pretty bored with KK if you're up there for 5 days Dave, but you're so close to Udon it'd be worth going up there for a night...... then on up to Nong Khai...... much better!

Edited by AceCafe

Stay at the Pullman Raja Orchid Hotel, the old Sofitel. Enjoy the lunch buffet. The Italian restaurant downstairs for dinner. Enjoy their beer from their own microbrewery. Live music in their downstairs brewery.

We're planning a 4 or 5 day road trip up to Khon Kaen with a few mate this month but as i've never been up there before could anyone offer any advice on where to go, stay and drink etc.

Many thanks.

DT.

:D

Try looking on khonkaen.com/forum this will give you details of nightlife, ex pat bars, hotels and eating places

Cheers. :D

Don't go to the disco in the bottom of the Sofitel - the last time I did I ended up drunk and in the companion of a few friendly locals - hated Khon Kaen :)

Men or Women? :D

I think you'll get pretty bored with KK if you're up there for 5 days Dave, but you're so close to Udon it'd be worth going up there for a night...... then on up to Nong Khai...... much better!

Its completely unplanned so maybe i'll throw in the suggestion of having a night at Udon, Khon Kaen and Nong Kai. :D

If in Udon, stay at the Irish Clock. Nice bar and restaurant downstairs, nice rooms upstairs. Right in the middle of the nightlife area. The landlord's name is Steve.

Edited by mackayae

Many thanks.

DT.

:)

Hi Dave, all the best bars are around the Kosa and Pullman hotels. Just a 200 and 500 yds are Sevens Corner bar (see Photo) run by Nigel and Gigi, and Number one bar run by Dave both ok. Again about 200 yds from Pullman hotel is Disco Street, but its mainly bars and clubs of the Thai type, but i loved them. Not sure what your accomadation budget is but i spent a month there so have a good idea of where an what, let me know if you want more. Best chill out is the outdoor Kosa hotel pool, get a few days pass, its cheap an ok.

post-82587-1241634907_thumb.jpg