I Am Looking Info Ab. Orchid Suite Resort On Lamai

daga

Has anyone stay at or know of the ORCHID SUITE RESORT on Lamai ?

I'm looking for any information: Have you stayed there? How far is to the beach? Good location? I have been to the hotel website, but I'm looking for reviews.

Thanks for your help!

by by

Daga

Hi Daga,

We stayed at the Samui Orchid, south of Lamai, if this is the one you mean.

It is next to the kitesurfing school, whcih is why we were there. If you are going to kitesurf then it's a good location to stay. If not, then I wouldn't recommend it. It's ncie enough, clean rooms, right on beach, but right next to Samui Zoo, and I mean right next to ie bird cages in your garden and caged tigers whilst you eat breakfast. Not our scene. Very sad. It is also a bit bleak. Not many people about and looks a bit deserted. It was a little busier this year, as people had been shipped over from Khao Lak but last year it was almost empty,apart from kitesurfers.

Hope this helps,

KB

If you are talking about the new place in Lamai then apparently it is lovely. A friend of mine stayed there recently. The view from the swimming pool is amazing. It is about 2 mins from the beach. It is at the south end of Lamai road, up above the main road, probably far enough away to be peaceful. On the expensive side though apparently they put their prices up from 800 odd baht to 1,800 baht after the Tsunami. Not sure if they have bought them down again or not.

I've never been to the place I'm talking about, have only second hand info, and the map on your site is not very useful, but I think the one you are looking at is the place that I am talking about.. :o If you see what I mean.

Perhaps KatyB is the best person to enlighten us, seeing as she has visited the other one.

I have brain ache now.

I've never been to the place I'm talking about, have only second hand info, and the map on your site is not very useful, but I think the one you are looking at is the place that I am talking about.. :o  If you see what I mean.

Perhaps KatyB is the best person to enlighten us, seeing as she has visited the other one.

I have brain ache now.

I haven't been there either, but I know that it's owned by the same man who owns Samui Yacht Club in Lamai and Chaweng Resort.