Didier Drogba

MSingh

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dunno rix, i thought ronaldo away to fulham this season was as petulant and self-centred as i can recall seeing him.

Yes sadly i agree Stevie that he still has his moments - but these days it tends to be exactly what you say - petulance and a self-centred attitude - which although frustrating is an improvement on swan lake diving and 5 rotation rolly-pollies that we used to see!

Could be worse I just read this on Yahoo sport.

An Arsenal fan in football-mad Kenya hanged himself wearing his beloved team's shirt after their defeat to Manchester United in the Champions League.

Very sad.

Cheers, Rick

Yes sadly i agree Stevie that he still has his moments - but these days it tends to be exactly what you say - petulance and a self-centred attitude - which although frustrating is an improvement on swan lake diving and 5 rotation rolly-pollies that we used to see!

you're right man, he definitely dives far less than he used to. think that's a consequence of ferguson beating it out of him to be honest.

I heard there was a Liverpool fan who hanged himself when they were 3-0 down in the champions league final

don't be fuc_king silly.

I heard there was a Liverpool fan who hanged himself when they were 3-0 down in the champions league final

Pat, as usual you are wrong. We were 2-0 down to Bayern in 1999 and came back to win in extra time - It was a German who hung him self - accidentally trying to take of his jersey while hiding his shame.

Could be worse I just read this on Yahoo sport.

An Arsenal fan in football-mad Kenya hanged himself wearing his beloved team's shirt after their defeat to Manchester United in the Champions League.

Very sad.

Cheers, Rick

Wow, lucky 99% of them follow Top 4 Clubs otherwise it would looke like a scene from Waco, TX there...

I am not wrong,the person who told me is wrong.

so why post unsubstantiated <deleted> then?

:)

There are some academic papers though regarding suicides in Scotland, and how they increase during World Cup tournamnets. Will need to try and dig out the source. Numbers generally go up in the first week, as they are normallly knocked out at that point........if they even qualify.

There are some academic papers though regarding suicides in Scotland, and how they increase during World Cup tournamnets. Will need to try and dig out the source. Numbers generally go up in the first week, as they are normallly knocked out at that point........if they even qualify.

those aren't suicides though, they're just an increase in the heart attack numbers as people eat more slices of deep fried pizza during a world cup.

those aren't suicides though, they're just an increase in the heart attack numbers as people eat more slices of deep fried pizza during a world cup.

You forgot the Mars bars!!

As for Drogba he is a horrible whining <deleted> that throws his toys out the pram at any possible time ....but i'd love him in my team, at least he plays like he gives a <deleted>.

he is on your team? :)

As for Drogba he is a horrible whining <deleted> that throws his toys out the pram at any possible time ....but i'd love him in my team, at least he plays like he gives a <deleted>.

I am amazed the likes of Drogba and Ronaldive dont get booked more often,but you see lesser players getting booked frequently for a similar offense that looks like a 50/50 penalty.

There is no place for any cheating players,and unfortunately most of them are foreign with the exception of Ashley Young who seems hel_l bent on being the second Ronaldive.

No way in the World, not with the way he behaves..

I wouldn't want him to wear our Shirt & i honestly don't care how good he is which, when he actually concentrates on playing Football, he is very good..

But he is a <deleted> lying, cheating, selfish, horrible, classless <deleted> & i'd honestly rather have El Hadj Diouf in my Team than him & i mena that..

Get him out of the League & sell him as quick as you can Chelsea, for your own sakes...

Thing with Ronaldo is he was obviously very bad at diving early on in his career, but he IMO gets fouled a hel_l of a lot without receiving freekicks etc.. he runs that quick all it takes is a slightest tap for him to fall down.

Anyway its a far more better prospect watching ManU v Barca later this month should be a hel_l of a game, though i will be betting on a Man U win as theyre the best team ive ever seen play.

Thing with Ronaldo is he was obviously very bad at diving early on in his career, but he IMO gets fouled a hel_l of a lot without receiving freekicks etc.. he runs that quick all it takes is a slightest tap for him to fall down.

Anyway its a far more better prospect watching ManU v Barca later this month should be a hel_l of a game, though i will be betting on a Man U win as theyre the best team ive ever seen play.

I take back everything I ever said about you San Mig. :)

Although from an English perspective i was a little disappointed that i couldn't says "all English final" again.

However as a Man U fan i'm glad Barca got through. If Chelsea had got through i guarantee the final would have been another boring 0-0 "grind out of a result" with Chelsea gambling on a penalty shootout.

Plus i think Man U have a better chance of beating Barca, than Chelsea. The Barca defense is pretty woeful (especially missing both fullbacks), they will not be able to handle Ronaldo/Rooney/Tevez...

I think the Man U defense is a lot better equipped to handle Messi and co.

As for Drogba, yes he is a disgrace, at one point the ball hit him in the shoulder in the box, and we went down for like 10 minutes pretending there had been a crash of heads.

He should have put away that chance 1 on 1 with the keeper.

The referee was absolutely terrible also. The red card was an absolute joke (good for Man U though)

And the ball, clear as day, hit Pique's hand in the box, with an outstretched arm, if that's not a hand ball what is?

Ref didn't seem qualified to handle a match at this level.

The worrying thing for Chelsea is they have no depth in attack. When Drogba went off "injured" and Anelka looked totally worn out there didn't seem to be anyone suitable to bring on up front.

Pat, as usual you are wrong. We were 2-0 down to Bayern in 1999 and came back to win in extra time - It was a German who hung him self - accidentally trying to take of his jersey while hiding his shame.

Uh, you are wrong. Man U were down 1-0 and they came back to win 2-1 in injury time i.e. added time.

Although from an English perspective i was a little disappointed that i couldn't says "all English final" again.

However as a Man U fan i'm glad Barca got through. If Chelsea had got through i guarantee the final would have been another boring 0-0 "grind out of a result" with Chelsea gambling on a penalty shootout.

Plus i think Man U have a better chance of beating Barca, than Chelsea. The Barca defense is pretty woeful (especially missing both fullbacks), they will not be able to handle Ronaldo/Rooney/Tevez...

I think the Man U defense is a lot better equipped to handle Messi and co.

As for Drogba, yes he is a disgrace, at one point the ball hit him in the shoulder in the box, and we went down for like 10 minutes pretending there had been a crash of heads.

He should have put away that chance 1 on 1 with the keeper.

The referee was absolutely terrible also. The red card was an absolute joke (good for Man U though)

And the ball, clear as day, hit Pique's hand in the box, with an outstretched arm, if that's not a hand ball what is?

Ref didn't seem qualified to handle a match at this level.

The worrying thing for Chelsea is they have no depth in attack. When Drogba went off "injured" and Anelka looked totally worn out there didn't seem to be anyone suitable to bring on up front.

Drogba recently gave an interview to a BBC Sports program. He came across as an articulate,intelligent quite likeable character especially when he talked about the fatalities in the Ivory Coast game and the effect on him and his team mates UNFORTUANTLY when he crosses the white line his other personality cuts in.

For a big lump he spends an extraordinary amount of time rolling around on the groud or lying so still you think he has been pole axed. Every dubious decision he is in the referees face if he can get there before Ballack. The man's ? attitude is a disgrace and apparently no Chelsea manger , and there have been a few,has any control over his antics. I predict now that he , Ballack , Deco and Carvalio will be shown the Chelsea exit door over the summer and he will attract a minimum 6 game ban from UEFA. Anything less will send a negative message. The referees performance was awful but he is hardly the first to hand in a shocker and until world football authorities embrace technolgy like cricket , Union and league critical mistakes will continue