Visa For Australia For Thai Bf

I am wondering if anyone can help me with my querie it would be very much appreciated.

I have previously had 2 sponsered relationships with asian men to Oz. I am now with no 3 and we have a 4 month old daughter. My husband (we are legally married) has just had a 3 month tourist visa to Oz which we used with no overstay.

I was told before 15 years ago that only 2 sponserships were allowed per person. Does anyone know anything about this. We would like to get a work permit for him sometime next year if it is possible to work in Oz.

Ideas anyone???

Thanks.

This is the relevent part of the website.....I have highlighted the points that may interest you.

When you may not be eligible

You may not be able to sponsor your partner if any one of the following applies:

you are not an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen

you have previously sponsored two other partners for migration to Australia (including sponsorships you may have withdrawn where your former partner obtained permanent residence on family violence grounds)

you have sponsored another partner within the last five (5) years

you were sponsored for a partner visa as a partner yourself within the last five (5) years

you are the holder of a Woman at Risk visa (Subclass 204).

If you have previously sponsored or been sponsored, you may still be permitted to sponsor your partner in compelling circumstances, such as:

if your previous partner has died or abandoned the relationship leaving young children

if your relationship with your current partner is long standing (ie, five (5) years or more)

if you and your current partner have dependent children of your relationship.

The work permit would be difficult....unless he migrates here then he can only work if he is employer sponsored or on the Working holiday visa which has some fairly restrictive eligibility requirements.

Edited by gburns57au

This is the relevent part of the website.....I have highlighted the points that may interest you.

You may not be able to sponsor your partner if any one of the following applies:

you are not an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen

you have previously sponsored two other partners for migration to Australia (including sponsorships you may have withdrawn where your former partner obtained permanent residence on family violence grounds)

you were sponsored for a partner visa as a partner yourself within the last five (5) years

If you have previously sponsored or been sponsored, you may still be permitted to sponsor your partner in compelling circumstances, such as:

if your previous partner has died or abandoned the relationship leaving young children

if your relationship with your current partner is long standing (ie, five (5) years or more)

The work permit would be difficult....unless he migrates here then he can only work if he is employer sponsored or on the Working holiday visa which has some fairly restrictive eligibility requirements.

Thanks gburns for info, much appreciated,

I am Aus citized. I have sponsered 2 previous partners. However, we do have a 3 month old daughter and have been together for 4 years with plenty of proof which was submitted when my current partner obtained his tourist visa. Do you think that in another year we would be eligible for "compelling circumstances"?

Thanks gburns for info, much appreciated,

I am Aus citized. I have sponsered 2 previous partners. However, we do have a 3 month old daughter and have been together for 4 years with plenty of proof which was submitted when my current partner obtained his tourist visa. Do you think that in another year we would be eligible for "compelling circumstances"?

By my reading, you relationship already does qualify as you both have a dependent child from it. Obviously it will be a stronger case if you wait until you are over the 5 year mark.

http://www.immi.gov.au/search/search.cgi?c...0&Search=Go

1127 can be downloaded from the above DIAC website, PDF format.

Long term spouse relationship from the definitions is 2 years or more if you have children of the relationship otherwise it is 5 years or more.

Long standing is a compelling reason and is not defined in 1127, but is refered to in PAM3.

Generally this is regarded as 2 years or more. ( Ref. MRT )

It would appear that you would meet the criteria from the information supplied, however it would be recomended that you obtain the services of an Australian licenced migration agent for further advice.

Compelling reasons can be quite complex.

Note: If you had no children and a minimum of 2 years or more you could apply using the

long standing provision as one of the compelling reasons.