Registering The House

Hi,

I am building a small shop/house on a 30 year's leased land.

Is there any need to have a building authorisation ? If yes from where ? How ?

Can I register the building under my name (farang) ? When ? How ? Where ?

Thanks

the info I was given, is, that if you have a residence visa, and a land lease for 30 years, you can apply for building authorisation in your ampoe in your name, after finishing you need approval from ampoe, and can then register it in your name, get tabien ban also.

but nor sure, this is true or not?

I think a falang can appear on the Tapien Ban but not as the first name.    Sorry no idea how you do it.

we have just tried to get my name on the tabien ban, but no luck. apparently I can get my own but it is not blue perhaps yellow or red or something, any confirmation on this?

I think a falang can appear on the Tapien Ban but not as the first name.    Sorry no idea how you do it.

we have just tried to get my name on the tabien ban, but no luck. apparently I can get my own but it is not blue perhaps yellow or red or something, any confirmation on this?

I've been told that if you have a residence permit, there is a seperate tabian baan for you. A white book? :o

Bring a lawyer to explain it to the officials, they won't know.

You're not far wrong there!

I tried just before christmas in medium sized town in Udon province and was told straight away that I couldn't.I told the offical that I had a friend in Pattaya that had successfully registered in his Tabien baan.

The man was very rude,and suggested that If I wanted the same I should go and live in Pattaya as well!

He also said that he had worked in this office for 12 years and never had put a farang's name in a Tabien baan(about 20 Farangs in the area.)However,his attitude had got to me so I insisted I wanted to see his boss.

He then said he would check the regulations and produced a large volume.After a while,he asked for my passport and checked my visa type.Seeing it was an non immigrant he looked sour and went back to his book after few more moments a gleam came to his face and he handed me back my passport and said in english (he had spoken thai up till then!)Cannot do,need translation of visa page and back page of passport.Must be official translation from Bangkok.He was determined that he not have to do it.

Unfortunately now I will enjoy making sure that he does. What ever it takes to beat him I will do upto getting a lawyer involvedl.There is nothing worse than thai petty officialdom!!!

Bring a lawyer to explain it to the officials, they won't know.

You're not far wrong there!

I tried just before christmas in medium sized town in Udon province and was told straight away that I couldn't.I told the offical that I had a friend in Pattaya that had successfully registered in his Tabien baan.

The man was very rude,and suggested that If I wanted the same I should go and live in Pattaya as well!

He also said that he had worked in this office for 12 years and never had put a farang's name in a Tabien baan(about 20 Farangs in the area.)However,his attitude had got to me so I insisted I wanted to see his boss.

He then said he would check the regulations and produced a large volume.After a while,he asked for my passport and checked my visa type.Seeing it was an non immigrant he looked sour and went back to his book after few more moments a gleam came to his face and he handed me back my passport and said in english (he had spoken thai up till then!)Cannot do,need translation of visa page and back page of passport.Must be official translation from Bangkok.He was determined that he not have to do it.

Unfortunately now I will enjoy making sure that he does. What ever it takes to beat him I will do upto getting a lawyer involvedl.There is nothing worse than thai petty officialdom!!!

good luck mate, keep us up to date ok?