Mai Tai Bar/restaurant Hua Hin

trashy

Anyone been there recently?

I was there this week, they must have had a change of ownership.

The local street peddlers were trying to push their rubbish in the premises.

Last time I was there, they were not allowed in, which was correct.

I don't know about everyone else, but I for one, do not like being pestered whilst eating, or having a pleasent drink.

I think most non-Thais feel the same.

We've known the Thai lady who owned the place since back in 2003/2004, but I must admit that I haven't been down there in about a year as we live south of town and don't go into the "tourist" area too much any more. I'll have to ask the missus and see if she knows if it has changed owners. It really did use to be a great place for a drink and a snack without being bothered by street peddlers.

Haven't been back there for such a long time after bailing out from the city but will be back there next weekend since Webster's holding its graduation ceremony on Sunday night, my best mate is graduating, alas. Mai Tai is one place we plan for the celebration, now I'm totally curious if there's a change...will surely check.

However, every time I went there street kids (and grown ups) who were selling stuff were always there, they even played board games with customers.

Anyhow, as we grew to know Hilton's still the same (boring), is there any party place that's good for a night out these days (where there's no shooting aside of course.)

Right...will get back to you if I find out about ownership of Mai Tai.

ciao!