Is There A Light At The End Of The Global Financial Crisis Tunnel?

MJP,

Fully understand your explanation and agree with it and more. In that I believe that that 2/3rd world countries will eventually lead our way out of this mess (which along with the debt reliable assets deflating relative would add to my view that basic commodities will outperform.)

As I said while I get the argument I cant help respecting the statistics which was say gold was a better bet either in a major inflation/deflation cycle. Imagine for instance in a deflationary environment huge numbers of Chinese workers return to their farms and so increase rice output, as a result the price falls. Now I made up that argument so I wont pretend it is valid but I can see that as a scenario - namely less workers going into manufacturing, and increase in basic commodity out put which leads to a price fall.

Now I dont really represent that as a serious argument but while someone cant explain to me why I would have lost half my money in corn or rice in the last great depression, I cant really understand why I should bet anything else.

It's country dependent. I like Thailand. No, not because of that! Because His Majesty likes a sufficiency economy. This is important.

Remember when I asked on another thread I think it was "what do we mean when we speak of economy", well this is the difference between the service lead, intangible, we need to import out basic needs model in the West to the produce and export as much as possible, but let's grow some food model of the East.

Okay it's not as black and white as that, but I do see globalisation coming to an abrupt halt. Means less grub moving about the planet and the West not having the cash to buy it because THEY GAVE IT TO A LOAD OF THIEVING BANKERS!!!! Oh, and their currencies went the way of the Dodo.

Edited by MJP

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's country dependent. I like Thailand. No, not because of that! Because His Majesty likes a sufficiency economy. This is important.

Remember when I asked on another thread I think it was "what do we mean when we speak of economy", well this is the difference between the service lead, intangible, we need to import out basic needs model in the West to the produce and export as much as possible, but let's grow some food model of the East.

Okay it's not as black and white as that, but I do see globalisation coming to an abrupt halt. Means less grub moving about the planet and the West not having the cash to buy it because THEY GAVE IT TO A LOAD OF THIEVING BANKERS!!!! Oh, and their currencies went the way of the Dodo.

Well I hope you will understand that I find some argument without sufficient explanation (or at least in English) by someone who has 2 747s and a US$35bn fortune interesting only in terms of asset accumulation (in terms of an intellectual argument). Before anyone gets upset, I am merely questioning the extent to which a theory does not have much intellectual backing.

I suspect for various reasons that you are right about 'globalization as well as 'financial liberalization' which would again support your view of biflation - I just wish someone would explain when with heavy indebtedness and very similar circumstances, it didnt happen last time round.

Well I hope you will understand that I find some argument without sufficient explanation (or at least in English) by someone who has 2 747s and a US$35bn fortune interesting only in terms of asset accumulation (in terms of an intellectual argument). Before anyone gets upset, I am merely questioning the extent to which a theory does not have much intellectual backing.

I suspect for various reasons that you are right about 'globalization as well as 'financial liberalization' which would again support your view of biflation - I just wish someone would explain when with heavy indebtedness and very similar circumstances, it didnt happen last time round.

Understand your point there.

Last time round, I guess people stopped trading with each other and went the way of self-sufficiency as well as starving to death. People grew their own food and ate it. If you didn't grow food, you didn't eat and you died.

Today we have money printing and the welfare state (even here in Thailand). On the flip side we have a much bigger population, especially of urban dwellers who don't have access to agricultural land.

I see that Thaivisa has a banner on top asking who's responsible or who's to blame for the economic crises, and there's three US politicians to select from. Why isn't Tony Blair up there or their present PM who is running around the world begging money with his tin cup. Come on. Everybody went for the rudy-poop, and, now, all the greedy bastards are looking to point the finger. I'm actually pretty ignorant about economics, especially. However, to blame this on Old Glory is like saying everybody else was in church at the time. That includes the French if, in fact, there is still a France. Didn't some Frenchman kill himself not that long ago because he either was duped or was guilty of duping other Frenchman? I am a little taken aback that Thaivisa would sponsor such a poll, and I've seen some ridiculous polls here (or is it poles).

I see that Thaivisa has a banner on top asking who's responsible or who's to blame for the economic crises, and there's three US politicians to select from. Why isn't Tony Blair up there or their present PM who is running around the world begging money with his tin cup. Come on. Everybody went for the rudy-poop, and, now, all the greedy bastards are looking to point the finger. I'm actually pretty ignorant about economics, especially. However, to blame this on Old Glory is like saying everybody else was in church at the time. That includes the French if, in fact, there is still a France. Didn't some Frenchman kill himself not that long ago because he either was duped or was guilty of duping other Frenchman? I am a little taken aback that Thaivisa would sponsor such a poll, and I've seen some ridiculous polls here (or is it poles).

Sad but somewhat true......Funny thing is as they look for a single guilty party ......Like who ate the chocolate cake? Yet they all have chocolate mustaches.

Seems to me....The truth is if they didnt all eat the tainted bundles none of them would be sick now. But their hunger had a name not a country...GREED :)

Edited by flying

Blair, Brown and Balls. Ed Balls. Look him up on Wikipedia, see what his job was until 2004 I think.

The first rule of war is deception. Obama, and Nancy Pelosi!? I honestly believe the English are still running the world. They just don't want anyone to know it. Blair, Brown (two of them?), and Eddie Balls. Psychopaths are running the world, and all us poor fools are worried about swine flu. I include certain US citizens, but Nancy Pelosi? In a sense, they are all pigs.

The first rule of war is deception. Obama, and Nancy Pelosi!? I honestly believe the English are still running the world. They just don't want anyone to know it. Blair, Brown (two of them?), and Eddie Balls. Psychopaths are running the world, and all us poor fools are worried about swine flu. I include certain US citizens, but Nancy Pelosi? In a sense, they are all pigs.

No puppets all.

But you're looking in the right direction. Why did Blair convert to Catholicism, the Vatican, mates with Berlisconi, deep into the EU . . . ? Maf . . .

Add in the historic banking families and yes it comes out of Europe.

Which office of AIG invented the mess . . . London.