Astro Tv From Malaysia In Phuket

phuketsunsets

we just moved from aussie . we subscribed to UBC " which is absolute crap " i need some help from anybody to find a good experienced sat shop in phuket ..i heard there is one but i have not got a clue where??

also is it possible to get aussie tv in phuket ??

i am prepared to get a 3.5 meter dish with actuator so i can have several choices . but need to find a supplier which does not rip me off ...

any help would be good

please pm **email removed per forum rules--sbk***

thanks in advance

we just moved from aussie . we subscribed to UBC " which is absolute crap " i need some help from anybody to find a good experienced sat shop in phuket ..i heard there is one but i have not got a clue where??

i am prepared to get a 3.5 meter dish with actuator so i can have several choices . but need to find a supplier which does not rip me off ...

any help would be good

thanks in advance

You can get Australia Newtwork on cable along with about 70 other channels for 350 Baht per month & a small set up fee. For sat I recently visited a shop on Thanong Kwang, almost opposite the driving range. They had a range of different sat packages available including Astro, South Africa but for Aust. Network you need to have a clear view as their sat is low on the horizon.

You can physically receive Astro here yes, even on a small dish.. However its illegal to sell you astro here due to UBC/Truevisions licensing monopoly.. So you wont get anyone advertising it..

You can buy a 1 year Astro card from various grey / secondary dealers.. You can have a Malay friend sign up and get you a card, or you can hack the system.. There are ways.. None of which are 100% legit.

PSI sat are OK installers.. JSat (Jon is a great guy for advice, I dont know if he has a install contact down here on Phuket but I recommend him to anyone needing bits) and theres a few others.. Avoid Alan in Thalang like the plague, unless you want to deal with lies and no service..

With a modest dish setup you can get Astro, True, Multichoice, and some other small stuff.. these are encrypted so you need to deal with that one way or another.. Of course theres a world of free channels but it gets a bit hobbyist then.. If you are into being a bit more involved using 'dreambox' decoders or a PC reception system and paying attention to some other forums opens up 100's of channels but I would say that its not turn on simplicity for the hobbyist side. Dreamboxes also open up a whole extra custom side too where you can have many dreambox slaves running from one card through the whole home, very customizable boxes, etc.. Highly recommended.

I am actually looking for a 5 - 7 ft moving dish setup to be priced up in a couple of months now I have extended my rental terms and am assuming between 5 - 10k for the dish + LNB.

I have a 3m dish and setup for sale in Phuket, as I cannot put it up in my new home. PM me.

I got tired of the FTA channels, mostly Phil, Indonesian/Malay stuff.

I will consider Astro once I move after my 1 year contract is over and done with.

Edited by Somtamnication

any help would be good

thanks in advance

You can get Australia Newtwork on cable along with about 70 other channels for 350 Baht per month & a small set up fee. For sat I recently visited a shop on Thanong Kwang, almost opposite the driving range. They had a range of different sat packages available including Astro, South Africa but for Aust. Network you need to have a clear view as their sat is low on the horizon.

Thanong Kwang

where is that?? Thanong Kwang . in phukettown somewhere??? any direction and i will go and check it out this week..

You can physically receive Astro here yes, even on a small dish.. However its illegal to sell you astro here due to UBC/Truevisions licensing monopoly.. So you wont get anyone advertising it..

You can buy a 1 year Astro card from various grey / secondary dealers.. You can have a Malay friend sign up and get you a card, or you can hack the system.. There are ways.. None of which are 100% legit.

PSI sat are OK installers.. JSat (Jon is a great guy for advice, I dont know if he has a install contact down here on Phuket but I recommend him to anyone needing bits) and theres a few others.. Avoid Alan in Thalang like the plague, unless you want to deal with lies and no service..

With a modest dish setup you can get Astro, True, Multichoice, and some other small stuff.. these are encrypted so you need to deal with that one way or another.. Of course theres a world of free channels but it gets a bit hobbyist then.. If you are into being a bit more involved using 'dreambox' decoders or a PC reception system and paying attention to some other forums opens up 100's of channels but I would say that its not turn on simplicity for the hobbyist side. Dreamboxes also open up a whole extra custom side too where you can have many dreambox slaves running from one card through the whole home, very customizable boxes, etc.. Highly recommended.

I am actually looking for a 5 - 7 ft moving dish setup to be priced up in a couple of months now I have extended my rental terms and am assuming between 5 - 10k for the dish + LNB.

thanks this is good info ... i think we need to talk we might be able to help one and other out with some stuff.. i actually work in malaysia ... is Astro analog encrypted?? with other words can i use a goldie if i have a proper EMK and so on .. i just about ordering a wafer / pic card programmer and unlooder/unlooper . any recommendations???

or grey open card advice??

thanks

any help would be good

thanks in advance

Thanong Kwang

where is that?? Thanong Kwang . in phukettown somewhere??? any direction and i will go and check it out this week..

It is the straight road that runs between Chao Fa East & West. If on Chao Fa West it runs off a T junction with a big wine barrel on the corner. Yesterday I just found out Astro has Aust Network in one of their packages & only requires a small dish & no need for line of site to the low part of the horizon as they take the Aust feed themselves & then re beam it back via their sat.