Epson Printer

doppa

I have, or more had, an Epson Stylus C58 printer. Bought at Computer Plaza.

I would not recommend these. The cartridges are very small. After I had these big storage tanks (how you call them?) attached I had nothing but problems. Seems that others have faced similar problems with this brand.

Here the thread that I posted when I had problems with this printer: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Printer-Repa...l=epson+printer

After I followed up the advice given, the printer worked fine for about 10 pages and then the problems came back.

Edited by Nienke

I have, or more had, an Epson Stylus C58 printer. Bought at Computer Plaza.

I would not recommend these. The cartridges are very small. After I had these big storage tanks (how you call them?) attached I had nothing but problems. Seems that others have faced similar problems with this brand.

Here the thread that I posted when I had problems with this printer:

After I followed up the advice given, the printer worked fine for about 10 pages and then the problems came back.

I would not agree with that in general.

Each printer brand requires a different ink in terms of consistency. Some can be used with dye ink only, some can also be used with pigment or even sublimation ink.

I have been using the CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System) or bulk ink supply system for quite a while with 2 different printer brands and obviously with 2 different inks without any trouble. Printed thousands of pages without any single problem.

Most of the printers with the small cartridges (with integrated printer head) are designed to print a small amount of pages (max. 10 -20) otherwise the cartridge will overheat and burns internally.

Print few pages, wait few minutes and than print again = that's the secret with the CISS systems.

Printers with separate cartridges ( 1 per color) do not have those problems due to a different printer head design.

Lastly - do not buy a cheap ink! How goes the saying in Thai? Cheap no good, good no cheap - and that's true. A decent 100 ml CISS ink will cost around 250 Baht compared to the cheap one which one can buy for 60 Baht - and kills the printer head.

My 5 cents :)