Long-tern Rent Gh/hotel *tip*

lifemagic

I don't usually recommend individual webstites, as you can find them yourself; but I'm making an exeption for this one, for people looking for long-term rents in Chiang Mai (as I am), as it's been incredibly useful to me.

As far as I can tell, it's a labour of love of some guy who's staying here long term and decided to create it. He's been around to ask LOADS of guesthouses, hotels and apartments their prices (including monthly deals), taken pictures of each, hand drawn a map and given each one a listing.

It's saved me no end of time, trouble and money and is a good start for those deciding to stay longer (I'm not linked to it, just like it).

To get to the 'meat' you need to click 'Chiang Mai' on the left, then the 'Chiang Mai Guesthouses' link in the text of the page that loads.

It's at http://www.thailand-travel-help.com

Take a second look.... they have guesthouses as low as 70 baht per night. (Julie Guesthouse).

I'm not saying that the website you suggested is bad. I just personally prefer Hotel Guide Thailand as I find it much better laid out and easier to search. I agree that it's not really built for long-term rentals....but most long-termers don't stay in guesthouses....they rent apartments or homes.

Another option to check out is Tripadvisor as you get opinions of many people, not just one.