Unexpected Good Time In Pattaya!

indieke

Well I never thought I would spend some time there! Really. Pattaya, is for me the same as prostitution, ugliness, and far from exotic.

Ok, would still not choose it as a family-destination! But...

As I did not wanted to travel to far, as some good friends were staying in the area, I made it a go. Was sure to regret it!

Of course I rented a private house, I am not stupid. To be in the centre of a big city, is nothing for me! Actually I spend a marvellous time!.Idea

Yes, you cant compare to Phuket, Samui and the exotic islands. It is a different holiday. But the house I rent had a good location. Five minutes with the motorbike from town, the back of the estate giving on a nice quiet beach, with romantic restaurants, beside it, very quiet. On buddah hill, where also the air was much better then in town!

Yes Pattaya, is a special city. A lot of nightlife-hookers and sometimes, I saw thing I preferred not to see. But great shopping -centers, movie theatres, golf courses, good restaurants, if you enquired a bit....

With my bike, I found placer 20 minutes from town, that were fab.

So, although maybe not the best place for a first time in the country, it is an alternative, for people, who want a few days off by the sea in Bkk, as long as you do not stay in town!

Here my pictures!

91995614.jpg

Just 20 minutes away, vineyards and tranquility!

DSCF3063.jpg

Private beach, behind the villa's

P1030019.jpg

The house

DSCF3077.jpg

Inside

p1020729ez5.jpg

Beach not far away! 15 minutes drive to a fisher man's village!

P1030140.jpg

Alley to the sea!

91995696.jpg

The fisherman-village itself

91995726.jpg

Fishermen!

91995037.jpg

Road a little bit out of the main roads!

91995759.jpg

Center Pattaya market

Edited by indieke

Thanks Indieke for sharing that, I too have ventured outside Pattayaand not to far to see a different life..!! If you don't mind me asking how much rent would you be expected to pay for a similar property...?? :)

Thanks Indieke for sharing that, I too have ventured outside Pattayaand not to far to see a different life..!! If you don't mind me asking how much rent would you be expected to pay for a similar property...?? :)

Similar, I don't know. Saw many different prices. On the other side of Sukumvit , 12.000/bath month for a house with 2 bedrooms, more Thai style. That is more remoted. And only shared pool. In view Taly in jomtien, I saw prices starting around 28.000 bht a week.

I prefer this location. The garden is just the swimming-pool before the house, with a small terrace with deck-chairs. Inside two large bedrooms, with two private bathrooms. The living-room with built in kitchen is rather big. it is modern, it just could need a bit more decoration. Adsl (but lan, not wifi), câble and small lcd are present. There are better equped vill's, even nicer decoration, but they start at 50.000 a month and more expensive /week. It is not far from the Police boot and the viewpoint on buddah-hill. Takes me 5 minutes to drive down the hill, to get to WS. There are in the little village, 5 minutes walk motorbike taxi's and bht buses. On the little beach, there are good local and romantic expensive restaurants.

The owner has been reasonable to me, I rented off-season 300 €/week, in season more, but not exaggerated , I think.

I can inquire if you send me PM, if you give me dates. I am not the owner and have no interest/commission on this! You can of course always buy me a drink!

I see you made it to the Silverlake vineyard. It certainly attracts a lot of visitors, and is a pleasant spot to pass an hour or so, with the Wat KaoCheeChan nearby. But it's disappointing that they don't appear to produce any wine. All you can buy is rather insipid grape juice.

I went there last month to see if they could sell me a vine for my garden, but they didn't have any.

• 1 month later...