Honda 50cc Scooters

tomartoh

GF wants a scooter. she hasnt ridden one for 20 years since she had an accident so I dont feel inclined to pay 44,000bahts for a Yamaha Fino as per her request.

I have seen a few of these little Honda scooters and at the price, I believe less than 10,000b, will probably fit the bill for standing around doing nothing as i dont think she will ride a bike again.

Does anyone know of a shop/dealer who sells them in CR or possibly CM. Bangkok too far away

Thanks

I think at that price Tom it will be 2nd hand. A new motorbike/scooter will be 30.000 upwards. Even a 50cc bike.

But, I am going to ask/beg you not to buy a 50cc scooter for your GF because they are the worst sounding bikes on the market. The high, pitched model aeroplane type, engine sound will drive you crazy Just buy her a 100cc Honds Wave/Dream. you should be able to get a new one for around 34,000Bt. It will last forever if you take care of it.

C35B.

I am just cutting my losses with the 50cc scooter. She wants a Fino really [44000b]. dont know why, but in any event whatever I buy she wont ride so i might as well as buy a cheap 50cc and get it resprayed in 'hello kitty' colours that she likes. She wont ride it nor will I, so the noise wont be a problem. She did fancy one of the 50's with a canopy [35,000b], but I persuaded her that they are unstable going around corners.

It always used to be gold for her birthday. That was easier.

The scooters you mention are 3,500 up to 6,000 . no book and number plate , police knows and keep watching and be happy to see people ride. Anyhow, if you use in the village or out of the main town , it should be ok . Sure your GF prefere FINO coz 50cc is OUT > > > out of fashion but Fino presently is in ,

go to the airport light, do a U turn, shortly on left have many small bikes

Steal one out of the Macro car park?

These wee Honda scooters you are talking about I'm sure are called Honda Dio's. They are a bugger to start but when running are OK. If your intent on getting a little 50cc scooter try to get a Honda Chaly. Much better.

• 9 years later...

Read that the Honda Giorno 50cc it’s in Thai translator says 25,000 baht 5000 down will ship to you from Bangkok.

I’m going to see if I can find one in the Northeast might buy for the niece if she gets a DL. She a good student and not a goofball. Top speed is 35-40 Kmh looks a bit retro

Downside is with low speed in few months will get old. 

49C28D30-7AFA-4702-9CB9-385C25CE1BDF.jpeg

513DE3D2-6925-4104-AD99-24FBFAF8FC3E.jpeg