Return Trip To England

bangkok blue

Can anyone recommend a good travel agent in the Chiangmai area?

What sort of prices are around now for a return trip to London or preferebly Birmingham? Need to fly back in a couple of weeks.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thx

I'm flying next week BKK-AMS-BKK and paid just on 40,000 Bht for a direct ticket on China Airlines. I understand that EtiHad is cheaper but involves a stop-over and plan change. Can't particularly recommend a travel agent as providing they are IATA registered I doubt there's much to choose between them.

We got return tickets to London from Kuala Lumpur for 15,000 baht each with air asia. It was a special deal but may be worth having a look online.

You can fly to KL direct from Chiang Mai. All in all (including flight to KL) it worked out much cheaper than any of the airlines we looked at flying from Bangkok.

I recommend P&P Travel on Thapae Road, a quick search of this forum will bring up their details.

I also thoroughly recommend Etihad, I have only used them to fly to London with a brief stop in Abu Dhabi but I think they operate a Birmingham route as well. Well priced, good service and surprisingly good food.

JxP

I've used P and P for seven years now.

I'm going back to england end of next week for a week, and i am paying 29500 going by qatar airways. But it's going to gatwick. However it may well be they go to birmingham too, and probably emirates go there. For me emirates were about 35000 baht.

Good time to go back, always cheap at this time of year.

in common with others I find CNX P+P on thapae rd the most consistent, tel 053 272 545-7. if you are going by bike you can park on the pavement outside the shop (the shop is on the left side of the road towards the "gate" end.

Bkk to birmingham as you know is not available direct but there are loads of choices like emerates, turkish, swiss (very good connection times) and klm, all around the 26000 to 36000 baht depending on your needs I estimate.

Both swiss and turkish are star alliance the same as thai so if you are flying cnx to bkk by thai, as long as you give then just over 2 hours for baggage transfer you should be able to route straigt through. birmingham by thai itself may be a little expensive but it is worth asking

cheers

al

Can anyone recommend a good travel agent in the Chiangmai area?

What sort of prices are around now for a return trip to London or preferebly Birmingham? Need to fly back in a couple of weeks.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thx

I heard last night of a customer paying 550 pounds for a Thai Airways flight LHR-CHM return. That works out at about 30,000 baht which isn't bad. I imagine you must be able to get the same sort of deal from here which would be ok if it includes CHM-BKK and allows you to do immigration here.

Al Etihad and Emirates aren't too bad and they have the benefit (for some)  of flying into Manchester or Glasgow. However, if you've got to add on the CHM-BKK return flight then maybe Thai is better? I may go to the UK at some point this year so I would be interested to see what deals are out there.

Avoid Mau Tours. search this forum to see why.

in common with others I find CNX P+P on thapae rd the most consistent, tel 053 272 545-7. if you are going by bike you can park on the pavement outside the shop (the shop is on the left side of the road towards the "gate" end.

Bkk to birmingham as you know is not available direct but there are loads of choices like emerates, turkish, swiss (very good connection times) and klm, all around the 26000 to 36000 baht depending on your needs I estimate.

Both swiss and turkish are star alliance the same as thai so if you are flying cnx to bkk by thai, as long as you give then just over 2 hours for baggage transfer you should be able to route straigt through. birmingham by thai itself may be a little expensive but it is worth asking

cheers

al

"Both swiss and turkish are star alliance"

Turkish are but when doing a google Swiss are not. "They (Swiss) are lucky to be still flying aren't they"?

Edited by john b good

bangkok blue.

junior ex pat .... I recommend P&P Travel on Thapae Road !

femi fan. .......... I've used P and P for seven years now. !

i aggree with junior ex pat and femi fan

i needed to get back to england asap last tuesday ( the 5th ) so i went to four travel agents with .

i would like to fly to BKK tonight and be in heathrow or gatwick tomorrow morning

p and p got me a flight to BKK that left CNX at 9 pm on the 5th .

i had a two hour wait in bkk and then a direct flight with B Airways that landed at heathrow at 7 AM on the 6th

exactly what i wanted for 39 000 Baht

the other three said no can do or we can only get non direct flights or you can go on saturday etc answers.

p and p got my baht and ill coming back to chiang mai or pattaya ? on thursday : )

enjoy .... dave2

What sort of prices are around now for a return trip to London or preferably Birmingham?

Emirates fly from Bangkok to Dubai to Birmingham. Go online with Emirates to check for yourself. Book online as well, easy and quick.

Here is an example. THB26,605 total return or GBP555.

EK419 Tue19 May 09 02:30 Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) 6hr 5min 0 Stops Economy Boeing 777-300ER Tue19 May 09 05:35 Dubai International Airport (DXB) connects with EK039 Tue19 May 09 08:05 Dubai International Airport (DXB) 7hr 30min 0 Stops Economy Tue19 May 09 12:35 Birmingham International Airport (BHX)

EK040 Tue26 May 09 14:15 Birmingham International Airport (BHX) 7hr 0min 0 Stops Economy Boeing 777-300ER Wed27 May 09 00:15 Dubai International Airport (DXB) connects with EK384 Wed27 May 09 03:15 Dubai International Airport (DXB) 6hr 10min 0 Stops Economy Boeing 777-300 Wed27 May 09 12:25 Suvarnabhumi International Airport

Edited by Blinky Bill

I heard last night of a customer paying 550 pounds for a Thai Airways flight LHR-CHM return. That works out at about 30,000 baht which isn't bad. I imagine you must be able to get the same sort of deal from here which would be ok if it includes CHM-BKK and allows you to do immigration here.

do you know where the person found that deal by any chance old bean?

still suggest go to thapae rd for good price, you dont need to book a through flight to take advantage of cnx immigration, thai air seem to charge more for booking cnx to lhr than cnx to bkk then bkk to lhr return dont know why but p+p know all the tricks. although not direct gulf also codeshare with thai. currently i am seeing about 40,000 baht depending upon your departure date, thai are sold out in economy for a lot of this weekend their website says

if it helps, the lunchtime flights from bkk and the 21.30 from lhr are on an pretty new airbus which if flying economy has the following advantages:

2-4-2 seating, individual seatback entertainment on demand the jumbo used on the midnight / midday flights is 3-4-3 and may be bigscreen

Just to be clear  - that was for a flight originating in UK. I won't see him till the weekend probably, if you want me to get back to you let me know. Otherwise check Thai web-site maybe.

Just to be clear - that was for a flight originating in UK. I won't see him till the weekend probably, if you want me to get back to you let me know. Otherwise check Thai web-site maybe.

ah gotcha. i'm finding at the minute that in july return flights from thailand to the uk are considerably more expensive than return flights from the uk to thailand. which is frustrating.

Difficult to beat the current Qatar Airways deal: 17,500 baht return including all taxes and surcharges. Used them many times, though you need to change planes in Doha. Google their website.

CMMCB

Al Etihad and Emirates aren't too bad and they have the benefit (for some)  of flying into Manchester or Glasgow. However, if you've got to add on the CHM-BKK return flight then maybe Thai is better? I may go to the UK at some point this year so I would be interested to see what deals are out there.

CHM is Chimbote in Peru. CNX is Chiang Mai in Thailand.

" heard last night of a customer paying 550 pounds for a Thai Airways flight LHR-CHM return. That works out at about 30,000 baht which isn't bad."

From London Heathrow to Chimbote, Peru for 550 pounds, that's certainly a good deal. But you still have to add the fare from Chiang Mai to LHR. So Peru seems to be a quite expensive destination, at least if you start from Thailand.

It might be cheaper to fly via USA instead via the UK.