Cockroaches In Farm House Bread

James3212

Has anyone seen this before?

This is the second time i have swallowed one part of it as i was eating it while not looking... I have found other bugs too but... =\

I will definitely stop buying this "bread" eventho its not nearly similar to what we call the bread back home ( i mean okay its a type of bread but im just angry cuz of these cockroaches =\ ).. Anyways i guess i can't sue them in the land of smiles as i would be just another "farang who complains about little things that should not be fixed" and I will travel to foodland every now and then to stockpile on bread and other food...

Just had to complain somewhere, sorry to all Thai and pro Thai people for complaining about the hygiene as this seems to be something that is banned from Thailand and i just think that this should improve -*- (the oily and muddy water bottles in 7-11 and family mart, cockroaches and dirty cuttlery in kfc, slime on big c carts and other things i will leave for some other time )

Has anyone seen this before?

This is the second time i have swallowed one part of it as i was eating it while not looking... I have found other bugs too but... =\

I will definitely stop buying this "bread" eventho its not nearly similar to what we call the bread back home ( i mean okay its a type of bread but im just angry cuz of these cockroaches =\ ).. Anyways i guess i can't sue them in the land of smiles as i would be just another "farang who complains about little things that should not be fixed" and I will travel to foodland every now and then to stockpile on bread and other food...

Just had to complain somewhere, sorry to all Thai and pro Thai people for complaining about the hygiene as this seems to be something that is banned from Thailand and i just think that this should improve -*- (the oily and muddy water bottles in 7-11 and family mart, cockroaches and dirty cuttlery in kfc, slime on big c carts and other things i will leave for some other time )

Oily muddy water bottles from the 7-11 never seen that before but have sat at many outdoor restaurants while the odd rat has scurried through or the fast baby cockroaches have scampered across the table! The worst was the German beer bar at Rangsit not a cheap place to go either the table was infested so we moved to another and it was the same. So we just ordered more beer and soon forgot about them....

I think the fridges are really cool how they fill them from the rear - quite spooky the first couple of times you poke your hand in to get something and then see and hear the presence of another human in the rear of the fridge that you think is sealed and only accessible from the door you have opened....i love 7 -11 how come they aren't in England?? so much choice for food and drinks...

I think the fridges are really cool how they fill them from the rear - quite spooky the first couple of times you poke your hand in to get something and then see and hear the presence of another human in the rear of the fridge that you think is sealed and only accessible from the door you have opened....

I often purchase milk at supermarkets and although it’s sell by date has been well over a week from the time I bought it and stored correctly in my fridge at home, the milk has still turned after only a couple of days.

A few days ago I was the last customer about 9.00pm before closing time at the Rin Ping supermarket in Chiang Mai.

The staff were following me around as if to say, hurry up we want to go home. So I rushed to the cold storage shelves for some milk and noticed that they were all turned off. Some special transparent blinds were pulled down, I suppose in an attempted to hold in the cool air.

It appears that for cost saving many supermarkets probably turn off their cold storage at closing time, even at the hottest time of the year. So it is not surprising that this milk isn’t lasting until its sell by date.

Edited by sassienie

Perhaps they forgot to tag it "Isan Delicacy" ?

Back to the jungle, elephant boy.

I thought it was a innocent joke..

Did i offend you? :) If i did,so sorry!

I play the same joke with khon Isan many times,nobody's got hurt so far,bo bpen yang.

Perhaps they forgot to tag it "Isan Delicacy" ?

Back to the jungle, elephant boy.

I thought it was a innocent joke..

Did i offend you? :) If i did,so sorry!

I play the same joke with khon Isan many times,nobody's got hurt so far,bo bpen yang.

mai bpen rai

overdose of real tossers

Please don't disparage the nutritional advantages of eating the remains of cooked cockroach, even more so, if it's in Bread. Now was it white Bread or Brown Bread, cut or uncut, wrapped or off the shelf....??

These factors are vital in assessing the full nutritional value and content of the Bread, of course the weight of the cockroach has to be taken into account, together with it's age and sex.

Did you eat half of one, or a full one...was it dead before mixing the dough or did fall from the ceiling.??

What type of cockroach was it, a Thai cockroach or ferang cockroach..?? You can tell with the taste test, a Thai cockroach doesn't care how it tastes, it runs about in circles, normally after walking through a drip of Thai Wiskey this eventually causes it to fall down, death comes instantly when it's Thai cockroach wife meets him. The Farang cockroach is easily identified, it doesn't even have to walk through a drop of thai wiskey, a whiff of it, makes it turn slowly in circles, the farang cockroach is followed by many thai female cockroaches, after looking around they settle into the inside of a crusty loaf; these loaves often contain more minerals and vitamins..... :)

--

We are not Kids ,

we are grown up ,

and is part of the Duty of the grown up to Protect oneself and take care of others ,

this would teaches you not to Just eat up without looking ,

i had alway practice look befor ei jump and see befor ei see , that why romantic canlde light dinner do not appeal to me , i feel odd when i can't see my food .

So far i had not see any of the croc and muddy water you had said and i been in thailand almost 11 years .

never did i once spot muddy water - and if i do i do not go drink it .. just to test if i am brave .

i had drink muddy water when i aim in the army . and all it do is give you tummy ache .. so take it likea man . little pain do not kill you just make you stranger and in this case smarter .

, you sure the Croc is from the Packing . or is it from your house which you hardly or never clean it .

i once visited a few farang .. and their room is like a super Mess , not that my room is any better .

but i can see beer can and food eaten like few week ago all over .. and he is complaining about dirty food whhahaha , i think he jolly well die from spore from croc .

anyway .

be safe not sorry . be ready ..

the flu is coming so be strong . a little dirty food might just save you .

• 2 weeks later...
--

We are not Kids ,

we are grown up ,

and is part of the Duty of the grown up to Protect oneself and take care of others ,

i had alway practice look befor ei jump and see befor ei see , that why romantic canlde light dinner do not appeal to me , i feel odd when i can't see my food .

So far i had not see any of the croc and muddy water you had said and i been in thailand almost 11 years .

never did i once spot muddy water - and if i do i do not go drink it .. just to test if i am brave .

i had drink muddy water when i aim in the army . and all it do is give you tummy ache .. so take it likea man . little pain do not kill you just make you stranger and in this case smarter .

, you sure the Croc is from the Packing . or is it from your house which you hardly or never clean it .

i once visited a few farang .. and their room is like a super Mess , not that my room is any better .

but i can see beer can and food eaten like few week ago all over .. and he is complaining about dirty food whhahaha , i think he jolly well die from spore from croc .

anyway .

^ I've read this twice and it's beyond me. Translation, anyone?

• 1 month later...
I often purchase milk at supermarkets and although it’s sell by date has been well over a week from the time I bought it and stored correctly in my fridge at home, the milk has still turned after only a couple of days.

A few days ago I was the last customer about 9.00pm before closing time at the Rin Ping supermarket in Chiang Mai.

The staff were following me around as if to say, hurry up we want to go home. So I rushed to the cold storage shelves for some milk and noticed that they were all turned off. Some special transparent blinds were pulled down, I suppose in an attempted to hold in the cool air.

It appears that for cost saving many supermarkets probably turn off their cold storage at closing time, even at the hottest time of the year. So it is not surprising that this milk isn’t lasting until its sell by date.

I think there's a severe lack of knowledge about organic / non-organic food and the way food / meat / dairy food decomposed /spoils, and how cold can delay spoiling etc etc.

I just discussed this with my sons' wife (she is Thai 26 years old) and she said straight away that she never learned anything about the said subject at high school, but she did learn a lot about the subject when she studied bio-chemistry at masters degree level.

She went on to comment that all kids should learn about this (at a suitable level) at high school. I shared with her that all kids in my home country do learn about it at high school and she was pleasantly surprised.

Her next comment was that 99% of street vendors / restaurant staff have zero knowledge about the subject and this is quite scary.

@OP: Why no Pic - I wonder.... :)

If I buy packaged bread, I always check it really well anyway, as many times I found it to be moldy...

However it occurs, had once one in a metal, tin sealed "Suzuki Ground Coffee" tin..

Nobody, even in Easarn, eats, ingests, enjoys cockroaches, it's an urban myth,

resulting from a similar looking beast that is consumed, but it's a "water beetle",

with a gland in the neck that has a very pleasant smell -

used to flavor a certain "Nam Prik" Thai Style Salsa!

Edited by Samuian

• 2 weeks later...
@OP: Why no Pic - I wonder.... :)

If I buy packaged bread, I always check it really well anyway, as many times I found it to be moldy...

However it occurs, had once one in a metal, tin sealed "Suzuki Ground Coffee" tin..

Nobody, even in Easarn, eats, ingests, enjoys cockroaches, it's an urban myth,

resulting from a similar looking beast that is consumed, but it's a "water beetle",

with a gland in the neck that has a very pleasant smell -

used to flavor a certain "Nam Prik" Thai Style Salsa!

Sorry all, as this is a first time im posting here... Well next time i will try to include a pic before throwing it away if i see something like that (hopefully not)... I was taking pics of funny typos and stuff before it became normal...

Anyways yes i thought the outside of the water bottles were muddy, not inside of them... And i would not pay for water that has mud in it! If i wanted muddy water i wouldn't need to pay for it ...

As for the vid... That's actually nice that they are using their creativity, even in a kinda weird and scary way, tho i don't think that children should enter those shops or for it to be available in supermarkets if they are near life-like... Hope he doesn't intend to bake real parts like that =\

Edited by James3212

--

We are not Kids ,

we are grown up ,

anyway .

Try google translations :)

--

We are not Kids ,

we are grown up ,

anyway .

Try google translations :)

Try General Melchy for translation of gobledegook