Chinese Tourist Visa For Thai- Gf Allowed Only 1 Week!

My Thai gf just returned from the Chinese Embassy, and apparently was told she can only stay in China 1 week! I can't believe this- I already paid for the plane tickets- there must be a way she can stay longer?? I'm hoping it was just a communication mistake and that when she gets her passport back it will stay 30 days or something

guys, i need some serious help here- is 7 days really the maximum allowed for thai citizens or was there some misunderstanding here?

if it really is true- is there any serious harm to overstaying? i mean, it's very unlikely we'll ever go back to mainland china, so i don't care if they give her a penalty or something. it is just so asinine- china is as poor or poorer than thailand, why the hel_l did the embassy tell her she can only stay a week?!

According to this website you will get a fine, around 1000 yuan, which is just under £100GBP for an overstay of 10+ days. Under 10 days you'll just get your wrist slapped as long as you go into an immigration office. Personally, I would do this, rather than attempt to leave having overstayed. Who knows what they might do if you try to leave without making amends first.

Edited by CharlieB