Looking For Someone Who Is Offering Me Some Income And Stay In Bangkok

:) Due very bad family circumstances here at home, which make my thai girl also in big trouble, i need to come to thailand and stay there for a big while. I'm urgenty looking for at least some job i can do. If anybody can help me, please let me know.

The OP is a Dutch mechanical engineer who has started at least six, or, seven threads looking for a job/income.

Guess his luck's out. Not a good time to be looking for a job in the Kingdom.

Edited by Sir Burr

:) Due very bad family circumstances here at home, which make my thai girl also in big trouble, i need to come to thailand and stay there for a big while. I'm urgenty looking for at least some job i can do. If anybody can help me, please let me know.

Hey I have an idea, buy a beer bar in Pattaya........! thats never been done before.....!!

All you need is a laptop and a fast internet line and you can work from Thailand . A lot of online jobs available , just google for it....

Edited by balo

And what type of job will the OP find online? I've never seen anything that can be done on a computer in a foreign country that's worthwhile. Unless you're talking about operating a few sites of his own.

Datsun as things are getting desperate then you are limited in choice. You are looking at 1 timeshare touting or 2 getting a TEFL certificate and teaching English. Thats about it really. Unless you are a diver then you could always get certified to teach ? Good luck :)

A Dutch national, no bachelor's degree, no teaching experience, no TEFL cert (yet); school year already started...I think he'd be lucky to find a lousy teaching 10-month 28K contract in BKK, 24K elsewhere. Not easy to get or stay legal, either - good luck, Datsun.

The OP is a Dutch mechanical engineer who has started at least six, or, seven threads looking for a job/income.

Maybe rethink your concept that you must live and work in Thailand. It is possible, perhaps, for you to live and work outside of Thailand and support your wife/lover from a distance.

If you are a mechanical engineer with lots of experience you might be able to get a job (maybe as a consultant) with a large volunteer organization......and they do pay money (housing us normally free).

Even during bad economic times infrastructure is being built in the developing world.......maybe check around. Lots of volunteer sites online......even some specifically for engineers.

Huge money if you can get a job in the Middle East.......good luck.

All you need is a laptop and a fast internet line and you can work from Thailand . A lot of online jobs available , just google for it....

Something what I was thinking of, but can't find in some way the job for it. Maybe because i'm not payed attention to it before.

very true sir burr

there are people here living 4-5 years who are losing there jobs.....

Its not a good time to be looking for a job anywhere. Here Thais are losing the jobs and cannot get their work permits renewed......and their visas........

Scary.

Maybe rethink your concept that you must live and work in Thailand. It is possible, perhaps, for you to live and work outside of Thailand and support your wife/lover from a distance.

If you are a mechanical engineer with lots of experience you might be able to get a job (maybe as a consultant) with a large volunteer organization......and they do pay money (housing us normally free).

Even during bad economic times infrastructure is being built in the developing world.......maybe check around. Lots of volunteer sites online......even some specifically for engineers.

I suppose that depends on your definition of huge, and what industry you work in.

I personally know a guy who left Iraq last year, he wasnt on huge money.

I know another guy who turned down $4,000 per month in Bahrain, month on month off, but no pay when not in the middle east.

I know people in the nursing profession, who told me they could make more money elsewhere, they were being replaced by South African nurses who were happy to work for what was on offer.

I also know of at least 6 guys who left the middle east last year to go work elsewhere in the world, for more than they were earning in the middle east, albeit with longer working hours.

I knew Americans who were quite happy to work, not so much for the salary on offer,but for the free medical and dental benefits, I personally worked alongside an American who told me he couldnt afford insurance for himself and his wife in America.

I know of at least one large employer in the middle east that is in the process of laying people off.

Places like Dubai etc are laying people off, particularly tcns.

I would imagine given the ops age, he would find it very difficult to land some huge salary job in the middle east, most of the people on decent money will have been in the middle east for years before working themselves into a decent paying position, but the starting salaries arent particularly huge, in fact most seem to be the same as you could earn back home, but with the advantage of being tax free.

The middle east like anywhere else can be summed up in two words, retention and recruitment, employers have also been quick to latch onto the credit crisis, they know they dont have to offer huge packages to attract potential recruits.

Many of these companies have also woken up to the fact, they dont need to pay top dollar to westeners, they can attract and are attracting people from elsewhere, just as skilled and qualified, if not more so,and they are cheaper than westeners.

As always certain skills will always be in high demand and will pay accordingly, however the middle east is no longer what it once was.

I personally know

Pilots getting fired

Engineers getting fired

Computer/phonecompanyguys getting fired

Timeshare sales getting fired

If you want to make it in LOS, start your own business. Or stay home. To start your own business you would need a million or two. If you loose it at least you did try. :)

if your not from a native speaking english country than you can forget about teaching english, and even if you are it sucks, don't waste your money on those expensive tefl classes-you won't make enough money to support yourself here with all the visa runs and shit, nothings worse than living in a developing country in poverty.. during recession its best to stick closer to home.. maybe theres a way to solve your big family problem w/o running away in desperation..running away from a problem is usually not a good idea, better to resolve it.

I suppose that depends on your definition of huge, and what industry you work in.

I know another guy who turned down $4,000 per month in Bahrain, month on month off, but no pay when not in the middle east.

I know people in the nursing profession, who told me they could make more money elsewhere, they were being replaced by South African nurses who were happy to work for what was on offer.

I also know of at least 6 guys who left the middle east last year to go work elsewhere in the world, for more than they were earning in the middle east, albeit with longer working hours.

I knew Americans who were quite happy to work, not so much for the salary on offer,but for the free medical and dental benefits, I personally worked alongside an American who told me he couldnt afford insurance for himself and his wife in America.

I know of at least one large employer in the middle east that is in the process of laying people off.

I would imagine given the ops age, he would find it very difficult to land some huge salary job in the middle east, most of the people on decent money will have been in the middle east for years before working themselves into a decent paying position, but the starting salaries arent particularly huge, in fact most seem to be the same as you could earn back home, but with the advantage of being tax free.

The middle east like anywhere else can be summed up in two words, retention and recruitment, employers have also been quick to latch onto the credit crisis, they know they dont have to offer huge packages to attract potential recruits.

Many of these companies have also woken up to the fact, they dont need to pay top dollar to westeners, they can attract and are attracting people from elsewhere, just as skilled and qualified, if not more so,and they are cheaper than westeners.

As always certain skills will always be in high demand and will pay accordingly, however the middle east is no longer what it once was.

I tripled my income after deciding to work in the Middle East as opposed to Thailand. That is what I meant by huge........relative to Thailand, not relative to the developed world.

Some of the countries are very wealthy because of oil revenues.

I think the OP should think about volunteer work (paid volunteer).

I tripled my income after deciding to work in the Middle East as opposed to Thailand. That is what I meant by huge........relative to Thailand, not relative to the developed world.

Some of the countries are very wealthy because of oil revenues.

I think the OP should think about volunteer work (paid volunteer).

It took me less than one minute to find this job opening:

http://www.jobsabroad.com/listingsp3.cfm/listing/61493

I really think the OP needs to use the internet, apply all over, and take volunteer jobs seriously.