Thai Consulate In Istanbul?

Hello All,

does anyone know, whether there is a thai consulate in Istanbul, Turkey an if so, does it give out visas.

thanks in advance

Timo

A google search will give you this>

Turkey, Royal Thai Embassy

Cankaya Cad. Kader Sok. 45/3-4, 06700 Gaziosmanpasa, Ankara

Tel: +90 312 467349, 4673059

Fax: +90 312 438 6474

but also this

Embassy of Thailand in Turkey

Royal Thai Embassy

Cankaya Cad. Kader Sok. 45/3-4

06700 Gaziosmanpasa

Ankara

City: Ankara

Phone: (90-312) 467-3409, 467-3059

Fax: (90-312) 427-7284

Email: [email protected], [email protected]

Send them an email?

This from web search. You might try giving them a call. All consulates can issue visas.

Thai Consulate

Teşvikiye Cd. - Istanbul

Tel +90 212 233 11 16

If you can't reach them then you could try contacting the embassy for contact info.

Royal Thai Embassy, Ankara

Cankaya Cad. Kader Sok. 45/3-4 06700 Gaziosmanpasa Ankara

Tel.(90-312) 467-3409, 467-3059

Fax.(90-312) 427-7284

E-mail : [email protected]

This from web search. You might try giving them a call. All consulates can issue visas.

Thai Consulate

Teşvikiye Cd. - Istanbul

Tel +90 212 233 11 16

If you can't reach them then you could try contacting the embassy for contact info.

Royal Thai Embassy, Ankara

Cankaya Cad. Kader Sok. 45/3-4 06700 Gaziosmanpasa Ankara

Tel.(90-312) 467-3409, 467-3059

Fax.(90-312) 427-7284

E-mail : [email protected]

re. 'All consulates can issue visas.' ~ I have not found that to be true in practice, at least not in Bulgaria or Turkey.

The Royal Thai Embassy in Ankara is the best place to get a Visa in that region. You can do it by post if you do not want to go to Ankara. They speak English, so you could phone to make personal contact and clarify the situation.

Your completed passport could then be sent on to the Thai Consul in Istanbul for collection if that is better for you. I live in Bulgaria when I am not in Thailand, and I have visited both the Embassy and Consulate. Personally I had mine posted out from the UK, since I did not completely trust the Bulgarian postal service.

Depending on where you are living there is also an Embassy in Bucharest in Romania, but they do not speak much English. There is also another in Athens, however I would prefer to use Ankara any day, they are really helpful.

The one in Istanbul is not an embassy, its just handling the work for the embassy in ankara. you can go there but they still take your passport and send to ankara and the process is very long also they make you pay all sorts of fees including the fedex fees to send your papers both ways. its much easier to go to ankara and deal with it your self.

• 1 month later...

'All consulates can issue visas.' ~ I have not found that to be true in practice, at least not in Bulgaria or Turkey.

I have just returned from Bulgaria with my Non Imm B visa (aithough I had only asked for an O visa) and it cost 250 leva sent by DHL (10 leva) to Sofia consulate and returned by DHL at their expense. No problem.