Lethargy Or Happiness

Gator... you could not let it be ..... :)

macaroni man thanks for sharing a story that sheds a positive light that is sometimes so absent in this forum..

Highdiver.

Please go look at the poll posted regarding Bangkok Airways.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bkk-Airways-...ai-t266360.html

It is a little bit one sided at present.

Perhaps you could be the first one to vote in favor of Bangkok Airways.

Gator... you could not let it be ..... :)

macaroni man thanks for sharing a story that sheds a positive light that is sometimes so absent in this forum..

Highdiver.

Please go look at the poll posted regarding Bangkok Airways.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bkk-Airways-...ai-t266360.html

It is a little bit one sided at present.

Perhaps you could be the first one to vote in favor of Bangkok Airways.

Seeing as they are turning such a profit perhaps they could provide an airport coach to the main tourist beaches at a cosy of say 20 Baht per person.

I flew to Kuala Lumpurwith Air Asia recently and I bought a ticket on the plane to downtown KL for 90 Baht for a 50+ Km trip. 20 Baht would be reasonable for the short trip to Chaweng...Don't you think. I t would provide a nice alternative to the rip off taxis.

Give back a little.....

Using Bangkok Air for 8 years now

Never had a problem

If similar price with Thai I always usе PG,

Think fares are pretty fair now with the latest promotions, just only the economy class lounges are worth extra few hundred

yes I do use advantage of early Air Asia booking sometimes but not too often I plan my trips so far in advance

Also have to say that Bngkok Air provided the best service ever in my life when I travelled in Blue Ribbon with my wife (travellling in a wheelchair after operation) and 2 weeks old daughter. They dedicated a staff to take care in both airports and everything was just perfect in very way, thank you PG.

now for some facts.

on the contrary to popular belief the aiport is not owned by Bangkok airways it is owned by a separate company named SCI assets .. it is also traded o the set and is a public company..the connection is that the same owner Dr prasert control both companies.

since they are doing well you should conside investing in this company because in the foreseeable future they will remain the only airport in Samui ..

the samui airport was funded using the Samui Airport fund which is an investment fund where the people who invested money expect to make a profit and they expect to make a really good profit :)

the landing fees are controlled and capped buy the department of civil aviation...

more info here : http://www.samuiairportpropertyfund.com/en/index.asp

now if any of the members who feel that they can do better then the ones who are controlling the airport at this moment then buy all the stocks of the company and then you can control the airport and its services....

then you can decide o your own to loose profits or even give airlines free landing... :D

Same old.

Own the airport , own the carrier more or less.

Means same to me no interest in allowing others in to open market up (i mean other carriers than the obligatory TG) and bring more people into Samui (not that i am personally for that), but I am sure members with businesses might well welcome it. Why because the competition would bring the fares for PG down, as it has done in Phuket.I am not sure how much more money they would make from increased throughput of people in the airport or landing fees. I can understand clearly about profits, but for the country's broader interests to have lower fares might well encourage more tourism, at a time when one thought that might be of interest to the economy of the country. Maybe wishful thinking, but thats mho.

All this rubbish about why dont you do it yourself or buy shares is just baiting considering we are non thais.. buying or owning a strategic asset in Thailand...get real.

Nirvana

I full agree with Highdiver when he says:
BKK air has made Samui that is plain and simple..(we can debate if it was good or bad but that not he point here )

they took a very big risk in developing a private airport they invested money and they are now cashing on it.. despite of very bad economic conditions.

they are charging landing fees that enable them to sustain the airport and make a profit.. i know that some people tend to forget that as a private business the aim is to make a profit

And anyway, in many years flying with PG, never a problem, good service, nice buffet, nice flight assistents :) .

Yep, same for me. returned from BKK yesterday 5000Baht return all in, and took 50 minutes.

Seems the "something for nothing" brigade have not become lethargic after all!

To be fair, I had the same positive experience when I was in a wheelchair, Bangkok Airways and the airport staff took really good care of me for my trip to BKK and return, for the normal fare when I remember correctly. Chapeau :)

The good warm food is long time gone. I still think that this airline did serve one of the best lasagna i ever have been eaten. Porkfile and potato gratin was also another hit!!

Ground and air service is absolutely outstanding even if just have coldcuts sandwich nowdays. But there is one thing that really annoy me. Why on earth cant they verify that my CC is genuine and not stolen instantly??? I can book and pay for basicly everything on the spot by internet but since a year or so back in time you can not book a flight(not even check availability) on their web page less than 24 hours in advance.

Mr Lamai