De-restrictor For The Klx / D-tracker

If the 8000 baht solution can go 155 on a straight then they probably do a remapping too. I'd get the one from japan for this.

My bike derestricted after kawa changed the ecu. No RPM restriction in the higher gears and 130 kph on a straight maybe a bit more with ducking down etc. It was a great improvement, and free. I have heard from others that the replacement ECU did not change their bike.

The 2000 bht / free with a few spare hours solution is probably the same- derestriction but that's it.

If the 8000 baht solution can go 155 on a straight then they probably do a remapping too. I'd get the one from japan for this.

My bike derestricted after kawa changed the ecu. No RPM restriction in the higher gears and 130 kph on a straight maybe a bit more with ducking down etc. It was a great improvement, and free. I have heard from others that the replacement ECU did not change their bike.

The 2000 bht / free with a few spare hours solution is probably the same- derestriction but that's it.

the kawa dealership changed your ecu for free?....so what is the 8000+ bahts mod for?...I went to the chiangmai dealership today and  i asked about derestricting the bike, they told me i have to pay 8,800 bahts!, so what do i do?.....and man, tried the 250R ninja, pretty powerful for just a 250 cc bike!....33 horsepower and plenty of torque, top speed of a 175 km/h.....and it's cheaper than the d-tracker!, but it's a totally different kind of ride, still with a yoshimura full exhaust and the snorkel pulled out, it kicks ass!.....but i still wanna get the d-tracker, wish i could get more power out of it though!

Hello.

Isn't it possible to change from the injection system to a carburetor?? While i am reading all this about "CPU" and related stuff i feel the urge to jump out the window...... as i am currently going through hel_l on earth in trying to find a voltage regulator for my bike, an old Yamaha, without any success so far except for my own method which is modifying a HONDA regulator and fitting it with a home-brew "crossover" type cable and some additional circuitry with parts off E-Bay......... and that is for a thing with three respectively four wires going into it!!

And there you have a 250cc bike (more cc than mine) that makes 140 km/h "derestrcited" (a lot less than mine) and you need to alter and/or re=program a CPU..??

dam_n, can't they make bikes that can be tuned with wrenches and screwdrivers like in the old days? Does one need to be a computer hacker to get horsepower now..??

Sorry for the off-topic rant but i HAD IT with electrics in vehicles, cars and bikes alike.

Kind regards......

Thanh

dam_n, can't they make bikes that can be tuned with wrenches and screwdrivers like in the old days? Does one need to be a computer hacker to get horsepower now..??

Emissions.. For a country that seems to have no problem with the world smokiest trucks and buses, they sure are hot on big bikes !!

Hmm I not believe that they are serious about the emission standards, it's just a way to protect the Thai market from getting everything under 250cc dumped on our roads. Since January this year ASEAN and China do not have import restrictions on motorcycles below 250cc. But this motorcycles still need to pass the Thai emission standard... and most do not even come close enough to give it a try...

• 8 months later...

hi mate i have a klx250 2010 very intrested in your kit what is the dif between 2000 and 2800 and is it easy to self fit my email is [email protected] i live in udon and i am very intrested in any other mods ideas as i am 95 kilos i need to change the springs

Regards

Matthew

Well Im one of the guys offering the derestriction for 2,000 baht in Chiangmai and i can assure you it does the exactly same thing as the 8,000 Baht CPU from Kawasaki, I dont claim to give the bike more power than it actually has it just bypasses the restrictor which controls the fuel injector from 3rd gear up to 6th and it does it by leaning the engine back, a lot of Thai guys from the D-tracker web site are running colder plugs to keep the engine cooler. Kawasaki here in Chiangmai are claiming that the derestricted CPU will allow you to go to 140 kph, thats K**P. go to the gt-rider web site in "any messages here" and open the topic on derestricting KLX D-Tracker and read Ian Bunjys from the X centres report on his 8,000 baht investment.

We actually put in a couple of months work in working this out and getting it right and to read some of the comments on this blog from people who have opions without doing the home work, well what can i say. :)

John

hi mate i have a klx250 2010 very intrested in your kit what is the dif between 2000 and 2800 and is it easy to self fit my email is [email protected] i live in udon and i am very intrested in any other mods ideas as i am 95 kilos i need to change the springs

Regards

Matthew

Well Im one of the guys offering the derestriction for 2,000 baht in Chiangmai and i can assure you it does the exactly same thing as the 8,000 Baht CPU from Kawasaki, I dont claim to give the bike more power than it actually has it just bypasses the restrictor which controls the fuel injector from 3rd gear up to 6th and it does it by leaning the engine back, a lot of Thai guys from the D-tracker web site are running colder plugs to keep the engine cooler. Kawasaki here in Chiangmai are claiming that the derestricted CPU will allow you to go to 140 kph, thats K**P. go to the gt-rider web site in "any messages here" and open the topic on derestricting KLX D-Tracker and read Ian Bunjys from the X centres report on his 8,000 baht investment.

We actually put in a couple of months work in working this out and getting it right and to read some of the comments on this blog from people who have opions without doing the home work, well what can i say. :)

John

The 2000 baht derestriction isn't a kit it's done by Aussiejohn himself by cutting/soldering wires. If you feel confident enough you can do it yourself by following these instructions http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=785180 or go for the other option which is to buy the performance ecu from Kawasaki which is a genuine keihin ecu and also comes with a regulator. If you're interested I have a Leo Vince slip on exhaust for sale http://www.leovince...._250_2009/11251, it's never been used or even fitted to a bike, they are 22,000 in BKK.

http://www.bahtsold....il.php?id=63497

Regards

Matthew

John

The 2000 baht derestriction isn't a kit it's done by Aussiejohn himself by cutting/soldering wires. If you feel confident enough you can do it yourself by following these instructions http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=785180 or go for the other option which is to buy the performance ecu from Kawasaki which is a genuine keihin ecu and also comes with a regulator. If you're interested I have a Leo Vince slip on exhaust for sale http://www.leovince...._250_2009/11251, it's never been used or even fitted to a bike, they are 22,000 in BKK.

Hi Stu,

Have you ever used the vince pipe ?

I have a Tsukigi pipe for my KLX which sounds great if you want to be heard from 5 km's away, but as for extra power :(. I have done the snorkel enlargement K&N filter and KW ecu replacement and still only manage to get 140 max on a good day.

Has anyone in LOS tried to fit a big bore kit or even take out the EFI and put in a regular carb?

I wouldnt look at carb option now the thumper talk guys have the 331cc big bore working with a power commander.. Havent checked to see if anyones got the 350 big bore going yet.

Seems like the ideal way to go, KLX + big bore + power commander + pipe is still fairly reasonable in cost and a KLX with no restriction and 330 or 350 cc has to start getting a bit more potent.

Regards

Matthew

John

Hi Stu,

I have a Tsukigi pipe for my KLX which sounds great if you want to be heard from 5 km's away, but as for extra power :(. I have done the snorkel enlargement K&N filter and KW ecu replacement and still only manage to get 140 max on a good day.

Has anyone in LOS tried to fit a big bore kit or even take out the EFI and put in a regular carb?

No, the Leo Vince pipe has never been used/fitted, it's just been unpacked to check everything was there and a photo taken. It'll give you about an extra 5% power and that's with the db killer in, if you take it out you'll get a bit more and it's not obscenely loud with it out either. It has the bung for the O2 sensor as well which most don't.

Yes, the Kawasaki can be converted to a carburetor breather, all parts are available in Thailand. You just order them from Kawasaki as KLX300, you can even buy the bigger bore set of the KLX300... All parts fit perfectly.

Richard, You have any prices on the carb and the 300 upgrade, have you or anyone tried it out ?

I wouldnt look at carb option now the thumper talk guys have the 331cc big bore working with a power commander.. Havent checked to see if anyones got the 350 big bore going yet.

Seems like the ideal way to go, KLX + big bore + power commander + pipe is still fairly reasonable in cost and a KLX with no restriction and 330 or 350 cc has to start getting a bit more potent.

Potent i like the sound of that, all would need then is one of the tank makers to actually come up with a bigger tank that doesn't need major remodeling work to fit it and we are all happy bunnies :D

Hi Stu,

Where did you get the Air filter from? I'm after one for my KLX250

Hi Stu,

Where did you get the Air filter from? I'm after one for my KLX250

I bought it from the Kawasaki dealer in Chiang Mai along with the larger snorkel off a Boss, the filter ref is KA-1287.

• 6 months later...

The 2000 baht derestriction isn't a kit it's done by Aussiejohn himself by cutting/soldering wires. If you feel confident enough you can do it yourself by following these instructions http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=785180 or go for the other option which is to buy the performance ecu from Kawasaki which is a genuine keihin ecu and also comes with a regulator.

By far the best set of instructions I've seen for a DIY job are HERE

I just did my D-Tracker yesterday and it's 140+ kph without doing anything with Airbox, Exhaust or Sprockets - different bike.

John

I got my new Kawasaki D tracker at the factory. Yes right inside. Rode it arond Pattaya a few days before riding it up to Chiang Mai. I was so disappointed. I was humbled by people on their old CBR150's. On the Straights my butt got so sore and I could hardly do 110 km/h Why I kept asking my self ? It should not be this way. I did do this 2000Bt CPU fix up here. It transformed the bike for me. It is now fun, has a top speed for me of 138 km/h and fuel KM/L is just the same. The bike is now my favorite in town and in the hills around Chiang Mai. What a pleasure to ride and do stupid things on. I still would not go farther than 100 km away from my home on it because my butt gets too sore but I'm looking into seat fixes for that. If anyone would ask me, It was a bargin and worth much more than the 2000Bt I paid.

• 5 months later...

........................................... I did do this 2000Bt CPU fix up here. It transformed the bike for me. It is now fun, has a top speed for me of 138 km/h and fuel KM/L is just the same. The bike is now my favorite in town and in the hills around Chiang Mai. What a pleasure to ride and do stupid things on. I still would not go farther than 100 km away from my home on it because my butt gets too sore but I'm looking into seat fixes for that. If anyone would ask me, It was a bargin and worth much more than the 2000Bt I paid.

As per my post above yours, I did the fix for free, though I probably would have paid 2 k if I'd been anywhere near Chiang Mai. Over 140 kph regularly.

For the seat, i paid a shop 500 Baht to slice it open and put some extra foam in, then restyle the cover a little using the original front section.

Just been to Sihanoukville and back and it looks like this.

post-37414-0-81309700-1319772288_thumb.j