Getting On The Internet In Bali

catalan0

Hi. Does anyone have any experience using reliable internet services in Bali (Kuta area) such as 3G with Indosat and other providers? I am looking to obtain a solution for 3 weeks of high speed internet that I can use from my hotel room in the middle of the night to make conference calls and get my emails. I heard about a IM2 Broom Unlimited package or something?

Thanks for any info.

-Matt

i live in bali and have an IM2 broadband 3.5G usb modem which i bought from Indonsat, the national provider. it works OK for me.

what hotel are you staying at? they may very well have free WIFI anyway?

Hi. Does anyone have any experience using reliable internet services in Bali (Kuta area) such as 3G with Indosat and other providers? I am looking to obtain a solution for 3 weeks of high speed internet that I can use from my hotel room in the middle of the night to make conference calls and get my emails. I heard about a IM2 Broom Unlimited package or something?

Thanks for any info.

-Matt

I go to Bali frequently & unfortunately have to advise that even supposed 'high speed' internet is very low speed! Seemingly the infrastructure is far less developed there than Thailand. Tried the 3G USB modem option last time I was there. Sadly 3G is not available everywhere & even when I could receive it in say the reception area of my hotel, by the time I'd moved inside the hotel to my room, no more 3G & the speed was down to normal WAP - which as we all know, is pretty slow!

Many hotels & cafes / bars etc offer WiFi - some free and some paid - but all slow! As mentioned, some hotels offer free WiFi, others charge a modest fee, but have stayed at some, where the charge is exorbitant! Best then to go outside the hotel and find a coffee shop or something nearby.