Actual 90 Day Address

Hi everyone, I would like an answer to this question. For the past four years I have been living in the northwest of Thailand with my Thai wife and extending my non O visa based on marriage and every 90 days report to my nearest office in Mae Sot, however my wife has now got a very good job in Bangkok so we are now renting an apartment there and only go back up north to visit the family at special times. I know from the rules I still have to report to Mae Sot but do I put my current address in Bangkok or continue to fill in the address I have always used. Two different officers have said either will do but I remember reading an article that mentioned (informants) are used for random checks on farang living here and I wonder what happens when one calls on say a neighbour who simply says he does not live here now,they are in Bangkok. What does everyone else do? Thanks for all the good advice in the past.

HighPlainsDrifter.

I actually changed addresses during my 90 days, but waited until I had to report and then changed my address to the new one.

There is a form to change your address, but it is not widely used, and also some immigration officers have never seen it used before.

As being on an extension of stay based on marreid to a Thai wife you must stay at the same place as your wife. I presume your wife is registered in a houshold book in the Mae Sod area and not in BKK. Best would be to change that, but I think that many immigration officers will understand that people not always live where they are officialy registered.

Important is that you can proof that you live together with your wife and for your extension you need to show the household book of your wife.

Nan immigraiton only accepts the adress where your wife is registered as your adress. hard to tell how other immigraiton offices will react. As said, try to get your wife in the household book in BKK.