Justice At Last!

tig28

News » Local News BANGKOK POST

Democrat escapes poll fraud charge

Published: 15/05/2009 at 12:00 AM

Newspaper section: News

The Supreme Court's Election Case Division has dropped poll fraud charges filed by the Election Commission against a Democrat MP for Yasothon, citing conflicting witness testimony.

Niratthakarn Srilarp, who won a seat in Constituency 1 in the December 2007 election, was yellow-carded by the EC. She was accused of giving money to voters through canvassers.

The court yesterday overturned the EC ruling and rejected the EC's request for the court to order a fresh election for the constituency.

The court said the EC's witnesses gave conflicting testimony and their evidence did not carry enough weight.

In another case, the court yesterday upheld an EC red card disqualifying Puea Thai MP for Sakon Nakhon Pongsak Boonson. The court also ordered a by-election in the province's Constituency 3 where the red card was issued. Mr Pongsak was a member of the People Power Party at the time of the offence.

A red card bars a candidate from a by-election and disqualifies him or her from politics for five years. A yellow card means a candidate is suspected of cheating but can stand in a new poll.

Mr Pongsak was accused by the EC of breaking the election law by making defamatory remarks about the Puea Pandin Party during his campaign.

(LINK: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1669...l-fraud-charge)

Unbelievable double standard!

Democrat dishes out cash - case thrown out (yet again - remember the free cinema ticket case?).

PT candidate says rude things about his opponent's party during the campaign - banned for 5 years.

What hypocrisy, and what a joke this Country is gradually becoming. :)

No surprise here...

Yellow shirts & Democrats = Not Guilty (those in power like these guys)

Red Shirts & TRT & PPP = Guilty (those in power don't like these guys)

If there was no double standard the yellow shirt leaders would be joining Taksin and also be facing prosecution for their crimes.

I am all for law and order, but until the yellows are prosecuted every other criminal in Thailand can claim that their prosecution signifies a double standard...

No surprise here...

If there was no double standard the yellow shirt leaders would be joining Taksin and also be facing prosecution for their crimes.

I am all for law and order, but until the yellows are prosecuted every other criminal in Thailand can claim that their prosecution signifies a double standard...

I speak to Thai's about all this.

All of them have said, it's of no interest I wish they'd all just . . . off. I'm a white shirt.

No surprise here...

Everyone please grow up, this is Justice Thai Style. Everyone should know who is in charge