Please Info K1 Visa Interview

Please if you have already done the interview let me know what to expect. I've heard terrible things about the interviewer (Rude) (No patience) etc. What can I expect? How long after the interview will it take to get my visa. I'm supposed to do my interview this month from what my lawyer says so could i be in the states by next month? Please

Look at your other post on the same topic.

If you have an interview scheduled this month you should have a case number (BNK ####) and it should be listed on the scheculed appointments pdf form from the embassy web page. If you don't have a case number yet the lawyer is an opptimist. These things take time. Have you done the packet 3 step yet? It helps to give a good answer if you provide better details.

My US nephew got his girlfriend a K-1 fiance visa on the third attempt. I went with her to the interview, for moral support. I wouldn't say the consular people are rude, just bored paper pushers who want all of the papers done correctly. They think it's either correct or not. The interview on my now nieces application was pretty straight forward, despite its reputation as being very difficult. The only problems that I have personally seen, are when inaccurate (or false) information has been provided to try to cover up something that may not seem very wholesome. The people who deal with these know the signs of deception, and the questions to ask. Their bark is worse than their bite. In my niece's case, he finished before she knew it was going to be approved. She even asked me when the rest of it was.

Edited by mmcsusnret