Do You Use Flash In Your Browser?

george

Do you use Flash in your web browser?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes enabled, but sometimes I am getting very annoyed. Specially when I am not offered a non-flash version on a web site.

But what goes up must come down and a user can disable flash like he can enable it.

Very useful for websites made for Thai customers... most of these websites I know are a flash nightmare!

Edited by webfact

Hi George,

I have flash enabled, but use Flashblocker on FF 3.0 and only open the Flash applications I need.

Generally I think that Flash is one of the biggest annoyances in today's internet and strongly discourage you from putting it on this page if ever possible. :)

cheers

raro

/edit: as for the poll: is that now flash enabled or disabled? I would call it "flash on demand"

Edited by raro

Hi George,

I have flash enabled, but use Flashblocker on FF 3.0 and only open the Flash applications I need.

cheers

raro

/edit: as for the poll: is that now flash enabled or disabled? I would call it "flash on demand"

Same here. I guess without Flashblock and Adblock Plus I would not use the internet anymore. Just call up some sites - in the background they call endless ad servers and other ad helpers. Okay, they have to make money but often it is too much. The screen is blinking like a disco and the CPU load goes up a lot to enable all this ;-)

I guess without Flashblock and Adblock Plus I would not use the internet anymore.

I concur 100%! Flashblock and Adblock Plus are sent from heaven! I just tried Google Chrome for a couple of days and I was amazed how much crap is on an average webpage that is not visible in FF 3.0. Will stick to FF 3.0 and uninstalled Chrome already!

I have it enabled but I have been thinking about turning it off - very annoyed with the constant debugger messages, endless waits for things to load from pathetically slow servers thoughtfully placed in Northern Waziristan and other annoyances.

I guess it has its place but should be used sparingly with due regard for the bandwidth challenged.

I guess without Flashblock and Adblock Plus I would not use the internet anymore.

I concur 100%! Flashblock and Adblock Plus are sent from heaven! I just tried Google Chrome for a couple of days and I was amazed how much crap is on an average webpage that is not visible in FF 3.0. Will stick to FF 3.0 and uninstalled Chrome already!

I agree that these extensions are much needed for Chrome too and I am sure they will be available soon from 3rd party developers.

sorry for an off-top remark...

IMHO Chrome has a much better page rendering than FF2 or FF3 and it is much faster than these browsers.

Chrome reduces resource usage too because it treats tabs as different windows.

I used to block flash using click2flash (for the mac). A large amount of flash is very annoying especially if music is involved.

But now I'm learning web design i switched it back on as it's a pain trying to preview a site with even a tiny flash button. Once I've finished learning I'll block it again.

Nidge

On my home computer I have flash enabled in Opera, but on my notebook I have it disabled. Actually, there aren't very many sites that I encounter with my notebook that require/recommend Flash.

If a goal is to find whether flash ads will be effective on Thaivisa or not - I'll block them anyway. In these past few days I got rid of that yellow "Breaking news" bar at the top on all my computers.

Most people have flash on, in my experience, this poll is not indicative as only geeks would vote here.

HTML 5 should address the issues involved with multi OS browser delivery of streaming video.

apart from the annoyances - slow page rendering as the browser retrieves a bloated flash ad from some server in lower antarctica , cpu thrashing to decode the epileptic artistry of marketing droids - it is utilized attack vector for drive by malware.

Edited by stumonster