Muay Thai,

Ekachai The Scorpion

Nearly everywhere in Isaan has regular Muay Thai boxing competions even in medium sized towns.The ones I have watched usually start with junior contests and as the evening goes on move on by weight to the adult fights.About half the fighters are locals so there must be camps in most areas.Kids seem to start training from the age of 6-8.I know about 6 local fighters including a cousin of my best thai friend and he fights in Japan for 3 months every year.Just ask when you get there I'm sure you will find something not far away.

Hello, am new here and i've just started Muay Thai in England, im' 16 done two lessons, im goign to north east of thailand in Roi et for about two weeks, so is there any muay thai camp around, am thai myself thankyou.

im' serious about it,

:o

You want to train in Muay Thai in Thailand? It is a 24 hour a day experience. If you are not seriously prepared to live a 24 hour a day training life style, you will have a lot of problems. I had a friend who had done training in England. He came to Bangkok to do Muay Thai training. The trainer insisted he had to live at the training site. My fiend didn't last more than 2 weeks before he gave up. The life is really hard.

Just letting you know the facts. Good luck.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
The leg kicks are excellent on the street.  Punches are suspect though

vs western boxing.  Elbows and knees are nice inside.

I would round it out with some groundfighting, Gracie JJ etc

Muay Thia is tought at the fitness college in Udon. But you really had better be in great shape, friends have tried it that were into physical fitness and didn't last more then a few weeks

• 1 year later...

Now Muay Thai is a world sport you can train 1 or 2x per week now the Thais have seen the income that can be gained by this just look @ Fairtex :o

Where do you train in England what camp good luck with your future training !!!

I have lived in camps before Nongkee Pahuyuth in Nongki Burirum & Sasiprapa in Bangkapi Bangkok many years ago then they had not much idea how to cator for farang & some where reluctant to teach you but i doubt there will be any camp anywhere in Thailand that would not teach a none Thai ?

• 6 months later...

I will be coming to Thailand in late December for my second visit. Last time I practiced Muay Thai with a couple of instructors and enjoyed it, though not very good at it. What I would like to do this time is to combine Muay Thai with a rigorous health and fitness program for a couple of week, losing about 8 kilos. I am about 12 kilos overweight. Need a place where the instructor is very strict about doing exercises and monitoring my weight and diet and 24 hour supervision, even to the point of using a cane for reluctance or non compliance. Previously I found instructors good but this thing about being a foreigner with money inhibits their ability to exercise their full authority. It seems the more money that you offer them the least likely they are to be pushy or impose penalties, whit means in the end I lose little weight even though I do enjoy it. Anyone with suggestions or contacts?

I will be coming to Thailand in late December for my second visit. Last time I practiced Muay Thai with a couple of instructors and enjoyed it, though not very good at it. What I would like to do this time is to combine Muay Thai with a rigorous health and fitness program for a couple of week, losing about 8 kilos. I am about 12 kilos overweight. Need a place where the instructor is very strict about doing exercises and monitoring my weight and diet and 24 hour supervision, even to the point of using a cane for reluctance or non compliance. Previously I found instructors good but this thing about being a foreigner with money inhibits their ability to exercise their full authority. It seems the more money that you offer them the least likely they are to be pushy or impose penalties, whit means in the end I lose little weight even though I do enjoy it. Anyone with suggestions or contacts?

I since a little S&M here.Tell him you like to be wacked and punished if you do not do the full program.And that you will pay him very well.I think you will get what you are looking for. :o

Yes that's a good idea blueyes, but will I still be a fat blob afterwards?[

quote name=blue eyes' date='2006-10-26 08:44:44' post='957067]

I since a little S&M here.Tell him you like to be wacked and punished if you do not do the full program.And that you will pay him very well.I think you will get what you are looking for. :o