I Could't Use My Tourist Visa Later

Hi all,

Just a quick one.

I had a single entry tourist visa & an outward ticket to Australia, I tried to explain to the immigration that I wanted to save my Tourist Visa to use when I return from Australia.

However , the lady in charge informed me that the Visa had to be used now for entry & therefor I could not save it for later.

Anyway , now my question : When I want to return to thailand from Australia I will have to show a Visa or a ticket ,

Does the ticket have to be from Thailand to Australia ?

Can I show a train ticket to Penang ? ( as this is much cheaper )

Do I just need to show an onward ticket to any country ?

Thanks & cheers :)

You must be able to show onward travel to a country you can enter with your documents (passport) within 30 days to meet some airlines requirements. A train ticket, which they can not verify, is not likely to impress them much. Why not get a new tourist visa while you are in Oz?

The ticket can to to anywhere. You might check for an Air Asia flight to KL they are cheap if you buy in advance.

Train tickets are not normally accepted.

Ok, thanks Lopburi3 & Ubonjoe,

I will either get a Visa while in Brisbane or get the Airasia ticket to KL to show.

Cheers :)

Another option is to get a re-entry permit at immigration (1000 baht). That would be as good as having a visa.

It would keep your current entry valid.

Ubonjoe..

So if I go to thai immigration at Sathorn and get a re-entry ( pay 1000 baht ) I can show that in Brisbane & I still get to keep my 2 month current Tourist Visa.. ?

:)

Yes

Your current 60 days stay will still be good. You will still have what is left of your 60 days when you come back.

You will need a photo and a TM8 filled out.

That sounds the easiest & best way... I'll go to immigration & fill out the TM8.

also, it'll only cost 1000 baht ...

thanks Ubonjoe...

your'e always very helpfull to me..

cheers. :)

Easiest and best way to me sounds like to get a free tourist visa while you're in Oz, 'cause it's free!

Hi Jimjim ,

The problem with that is I'd have to wait in Brisbane for the processing which may be overnight and I need to travel up country. So even though it's free .. my time is limited while i'm in Oz.

cheers. :)

Bu66er!

Sorry :) , I just had the exact same experience. Got a single entry tourist visa in Seoul, single being all they'd give me, with the intention of entering Thailand for ten days on an exempt stamp then leaving for a month and return using the TV. Immigration man wouldn't let me in on an exemption stamp and even called his supervisor over who confirmed that I had to use the visa. Their logic, hard to fault, was that I could get a new visa no promplem as they were free. The issue of cost is nothing compared to the wasted page in my passport as I never even thought of a re-entry permit. Now I will be returning to Thailand from either VN of Cambodia without an onward ticket leaving me the option of chancing it, never had a prblem before, or getting another visa wiping out another precious page in the rapidly filling passport. Lucky I will have time to get ti in HCMC or Phnom Penh.

A mistake I'll not make again in a hurry. For some inexplicable reason the idea of a re-entry permit on the back of a tourist visa didn't register, tw@t!