Shipping Large Items To Australia

Scozanon

I am moving back to Australia in a month, and I need to ship / mail some items (some of them quite large - ie- large rolls of canvases) to Australia. Does anyone know of the best way / company to do this? I will also be mailing boxes of clothes and some art supplies so that I don't get hit up with excess baggage - which is the cheaper option: excess baggage or by mail?

I am moving back to Australia in a month, and I need to ship / mail some items (some of them quite large - ie- large rolls of canvases) to Australia. Does anyone know of the best way / company to do this? I will also be mailing boxes of clothes and some art supplies so that I don't get hit up with excess baggage - which is the cheaper option: excess baggage or by mail?

Don't even think about relying on excess baggage! The airlines charge an extortionate amount - I believe it's calculated as 1% of the full first class fare per kg. Can be more than the value of the goods. I once dumped stuff in the bins at Tokyo airport because of this.

Although Air Asia rates can be less ridiculous, so it depends whether you're with a lo-co or a proper airline. Check first!

Or of course deploy various tricks to get excess baggage onto an aircraft. I bought much excess from UK when building my house here, and have developed some cunning tricks :) These work best with low-volume high mass items. Check in the bigger, light stuff. An airline loyalty card helps a lot.

I don't know about Australia, but I have posted many things to/from UK by surface mail 'small packet', which has been cheap, and with nothing lost. But there's a 2kg limit, and the max size is 90cm all round (x+y+z), for the 'small packet' rate.

Good luck!

Can recommend Allied Pickfords - contact Michael for a written quote +66 2 361 3961

50/808 moo 3 soi la salle road Sukamvit

Cost also depends on the following:

- your shipment delivered port to port, or door to door.

- they pack for you, or you pack yourself

- if you pay by credit card (fees) or cash (currency)

- insurance

Also try Crown Removals.

Can recommend Allied Pickfords - contact Michael for a written quote +66 2 361 3961

50/808 moo 3 soi la salle road Sukamvit

Cost also depends on the following:

- your shipment delivered port to port, or door to door.

- they pack for you, or you pack yourself

- if you pay by credit card (fees) or cash (currency)

- insurance

Also try Crown Removals.

Awesome, thank you!