England Bid.

Jockstar

2018 FINALS BID

Beckham set to launch World Cup campaign

May 17, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

David Beckham is expected to officially kick off England's bid to host the World Cup on Monday.

The England midfielder, a bid vice-president, is due to play a major role in the star-studded launch event at Wembley Stadium.

Personalities from the bid team campaigning for either the 2018 or 2022 tournament will also be speaking.

Leading politicians from the three main parties will also be in attendance to underline cross-party support for the bid.

The launch will aim to set out England's reasons for bidding and to underline the country's unrivalled infrastructure and stadia, and the economic benefits that would accompany the World Cup.

BBC presenter Adrian Chiles will be the compere for the event, which will be followed by a meeting for representatives from 15 cities who are all hoping to be hosts. The prospective hosts will be given an update on the requirements needed as well as the timings for the process to choose the cities.

The 15 cities are: Birmingham, Bristol, Derby, Hull, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Nottingham, Portsmouth, Sheffield and Sunderland.

FIFA's 24-man executive committee will vote on the hosts for both the 2018 and 2022 tournaments in December next year. Spain and Russia are England's main European rivals in Europe, while the USA and Australia are also bidding.

Personally i hope Oz gets it. That way i can watch it at a decent time and may even get to go to a few games. :):D

2018 FINALS BID

Beckham set to launch World Cup campaign

May 17, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

David Beckham is expected to officially kick off England's bid to host the World Cup on Monday.

The England midfielder, a bid vice-president, is due to play a major role in the star-studded launch event at Wembley Stadium.

Personalities from the bid team campaigning for either the 2018 or 2022 tournament will also be speaking.

Leading politicians from the three main parties will also be in attendance to underline cross-party support for the bid.

The launch will aim to set out England's reasons for bidding and to underline the country's unrivalled infrastructure and stadia, and the economic benefits that would accompany the World Cup.

BBC presenter Adrian Chiles will be the compere for the event, which will be followed by a meeting for representatives from 15 cities who are all hoping to be hosts. The prospective hosts will be given an update on the requirements needed as well as the timings for the process to choose the cities.

The 15 cities are: Birmingham, Bristol, Derby, Hull, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Nottingham, Portsmouth, Sheffield and Sunderland.

FIFA's 24-man executive committee will vote on the hosts for both the 2018 and 2022 tournaments in December next year. Spain and Russia are England's main European rivals in Europe, while the USA and Australia are also bidding.

Personally i hope Oz gets it. That way i can watch it at a decent time and may even get to go to a few games. :):D

Sorry J-star, won't happen - as in F1, it's all about TV times in Europe.

Personally i hope Oz gets it. That way i can watch it at a decent time and may even get to go to a few games. :D :D

That's the only way any Jocks will get to the world cup. :)

i would expect bidding cities to have premiership stadiums so by bid time that would mean london , manchester, liverpool, portsmouth, birmingham and maybe sunderland.

:) milton keynes :D

i would expect bidding cities to have premiership stadiums so by bid time that would mean london , manchester, liverpool, portsmouth, birmingham and maybe sunderland.

think the country itself makes the bid and nominates about eight stadiums have put themselves forward and which will form the venues list. i would imagine england's would be wembley, old trafford, emirates, villa park, eastlands, anfield, stadium of light. . . .though there has been talk of them using twickenham as well.

think the country itself makes the bid and nominates about eight stadiums have put themselves forward and which will form the venues list. i would imagine england's would be wembley, old trafford, emirates, villa park, eastlands, anfield, stadium of light. . . .though there has been talk of them using twickenham as well.

Englands bid is strong, as it has a number of stadiums that are up to the job. Bristol has been mentioned in the past, and that is to do with the proposed new Stadium being buily by Bristol City. It would be great if at least one venue was in the West Country. As for Milton Keynes, it looks like an excellent stadium, and I beleive that it has been designed so any extra tier can be put into increas the capacity. It would silly for England not to include Twickenham as a venue, it would be a great place, and ideal for a semi final, as would the Milenium stadium at Cradiff (but that wont happen). Unlike a lot of countries England do not have to have a massive overhaul of the stadiums, as most of them are already good enough.

Englands bid is strong, as it has a number of stadiums that are up to the job. Bristol has been mentioned in the past, and that is to do with the proposed new Stadium being buily by Bristol City. It would be great if at least one venue was in the West Country. As for Milton Keynes, it looks like an excellent stadium, and I beleive that it has been designed so any extra tier can be put into increas the capacity. It would silly for England not to include Twickenham as a venue, it would be a great place, and ideal for a semi final, as would the Milenium stadium at Cradiff (but that wont happen). Unlike a lot of countries England do not have to have a massive overhaul of the stadiums, as most of them are already good enough.

it's all about balance really as you say. should be two in london, then probably one each in the north-east and south-west and two each in the north-west and the midlands. cardiff would be a great idea but that would involve the FA sharing some of the glory and some of the revenues, so is never going to happen.

it's all about balance really as you say. should be two in london, then probably one each in the north-east and south-west and two each in the north-west and the midlands. cardiff would be a great idea but that would involve the FA sharing some of the glory and some of the revenues, so is never going to happen.

who knows, maybe this is how LP will get their new stadium :D

who knows, maybe this is how LP will get their new stadium :)

if the FA wants to give us seven hundred million quid to get it done, i'll take it. the england world cup bid included liverpool's new ground as it goes. thanks to the two fraudulent cowboys they had to revisit it.

who knows, maybe this is how LP will get their new stadium :)

if the FA wants to give us seven hundred million quid to get it done, i'll take it. the england world cup bid included liverpool's new ground as it goes. thanks to the two fraudulent cowboys they had to revisit it.

Like the FA can build a stadium for under a billion!

"England Bid"

hmm, I suppose I could stretch to 50 quid for it - although to be honest it's too small to be worth much, and the women aren't much to look at, and a bloody high cost of living, and the weather is crap, and....

alright, alright, 30 quid; and that's a generous offer...

It just seems right for it to be held in England for the next one. Everything seems to be in place as others have said. I think we have a very strong chance, I really do.

I know I would be spending summer back home if it was held in England, would be chance of a life time.

Ill watch it on TV, so doesnt really matter where :D

but waiting for a friend whos winning the lotto to take me to the South Africa one next year :)

he knows who he is :D

England would seem to be the obvious choice especially as it will be 52 years since they last hosted the tournament. But you never know with the politics and "inducements" that go on in FIFA. :)