Bkk Airways Fares To/from Samui Fair?

Do you consider Bangkok Airway's ticket prices to/from Samui as fair, too high or too low?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really wonder how many people are OK with their fares. I guess it comes down to who has how much money! We who can't afford the convenient flight to/from the islands tend to see the fares as too high and wouldn't mind a reduction to 'normal' levels. :D

And I wanted to try out the poll feature :)

Considering the prices from Bangkok to Phuket for example are a lot lower than to Samui yes it is expensive and I can see why lots of tourists go for the cheaper option, especially if they have a family to consider.

it is to expensive but all the polls will not change anything. vene the govement think it is too expensive.

the only way to chop the pirces down is to build another airport. a gov. 1. there is normally talk of a new airport but never seen it. they have been talking for about 5 years.

No, whatever happens - no second airport, please! This island has seen far too much concrete already, so many tourists I talked to will never come again because of overbuilding. For most repeat visitors the island has lost its charm already. I'd rather travel 12 hours to Bangkok everytime than have a 2nd airport built.

Edited by longtom

If you want the cheap option then get the ferry to Donsak and the bus to Surat Thani. You can then fly to BKK for around 1,200 baht. same coming back. Its still much quicker than the ferry and bus. You pay more simply because there is no road access to Samui unlike Phuket

If you want the cheap option then get the ferry to Donsak and the bus to Surat Thani. You can then fly to BKK for around 1,200 baht. same coming back. Its still much quicker than the ferry and bus. You pay more simply because there is no road access to Samui unlike Phuket

Yeah I know, did it a few times now and the Air Asia flight to/from Surat is totally Ok. Just the ca 4/5h from Surat airport to Samui I could do without. At the end almost one day is lost with travel, that's why the VIP night bus is sometimes the better option. Recently I had such a new bus and so much space it was almost like flying business class .