Riding Instruction And Road Safety

not sure if this is the best forum to post this but here goes.....

to start with, i live in chiang mai and am a qualified advanced motorcycle instructor with an deep interest in riding safely.

i would like to offer my services (free of charge), to any organisation dedicated to safe riding, or failing that, i am looking for suggestions?

thanks

Bravo- good for you!

Thailand could certainly use more safety instructors, but I'm not aware of any national organizations that are dedicated to teaching motorcycle safety.

Here in Bangkok the Japanese motorcycle manufacturers offer riding courses periodically, but I'm not sure if they do that up in Chiang Mai.

Are you looking to instruct Thais or foreigners or both? You could probably just print up some flyers and post them at local bike shops. If you're offering your services for free I'm sure the local shops would be happy to spread the word.

Good luck and bravo again!

Happy Trails,

Tony

to start with, i live in chiang mai and am a qualified advanced motorcycle instructor with an deep interest in riding safely.

i would like to offer my services (free of charge), to any organisation dedicated to safe riding, or failing that, i am looking for suggestions?

thanks

thanks

hi i am moving to chiang mai in july....i am 60 years old and have never driven a motorcycle....if you can get some people together i would like to attend any classes you might be giving.....thanks charles

thanks

Laudable aim but two phrases:

"Work Permit" and "MAJOR liability insurance"

There is a bike safety organization out here - let me go look it up...

Here you go -

http://thaisafedriver.com/motorcycle.aspx

Edited by phaethon

Certainly needed But even if you are offering your services Free (Work Permit Required)

I myself hold UK advanced Motorcyclist ticket

The Problem will be getting people who will LISTEN to You

I am constantly telling my wife and her son about the riding habits

approaching corners and passing parked cars Ect Ect Wearing Crash helmets Ect Ect

I get the "Thailand not same as UK" 2 years on I have given up trying

Get them at 13 you just might stand a chance. At 15 they know best

Yes a (very) junior safety course might fly - rather like the UK school bicycle safety schemes. Bear in mind the minimum age for operating a motorcycle in Thailand is: "Can reach the handlebars." :D

(toys with idea of including a course in pre-natal classes... :) )

Edited by phaethon