Makro

alphason

Do you need to have a member card to shop at Makro like you do in the UK?

In all the time I've been here I've never visited. - Thanks

Yes you do but, unlike the UK, you don't need to have or prove you have a business. Just go along to Makro, fill in a form, and a card will be yours.

u DONT need a member card for shopping at Makro!! i dont have one and went/going shopping there many times..!

I think you are correct. I've had a card for a long time, but I'm sure when I first went there I didn't need a card, and I believe I've seen other people go through the checkouts recently without a card.

Anyway, it's dead easy to get one.

again, u DONT need to have a member ship card at makro! so for what applying for a card ( easy or not), if absolutely not necessary!?? just bought another/new tv few days ago WITHOUT card! neighbour was buying waschmachine, no card as well! and all my friends always buying a lot of stuff there, none of them having a membership card! also absolutely no benefits/advantages, holding a membership, besides getting their brochuchures/flyers promotions send home via post...

(and u can check promotions online..)

INterestin observation about Makro.

I like the place as they make you buy huge quantities of most things. (which means you don't have to go shopping so often)

But my (Thai) wife hates it. She says they make you buy more than you need.

She prefers to go to the farmers market every day and buy what she needs that day.

I'm ok with that as long as she doesn't mind going and i don't have to go along.

But, i think it shows one of the differences between farangs and Thais in the way that they think.

Farangs tend to plan ahead a bit and Thai people like to "live for today" of course.

quote.

again, u DONT need to have a member ship card at makro! so for what applying for a card ( easy or not), if absolutely not necessary!?? just bought another/new tv few days ago WITHOUT card! neighbour was buying waschmachine, no card as well! and all my friends always buying a lot of stuff there, none of them having a membership card! also absolutely no benefits/advantages, holding a membership, besides getting their brochuchures/flyers promotions send home via post...

(and u can check promotions online..)

i aggree with flip !

you dont need to be a member or have a card,

i bought a bargain of a microwave for 1200 baht in chiang mai makro just before songkran .

i asked ..... is vat on top of the price on it ..... no

i asked ...... do i need a card / to be a member ... no

i went to the till .... the girl asked are you a member ..... no

the girl puched in a number or code ? and up came the total as 1200 baht

i paid and dave2 left makro one happy man : )

• 4 weeks later...

I think the card is mainly just for people who need to have the receipt written to a certain company such as your own restaurant or hotel, when you use the card it comes up with the name of company and address on it so I think thats why people would use it so you can put the bill into accounts otherwise, If you are doing personal shopping I dont think it is necessary"