Led Pool Light

stgrhe

For our new house that will include an 8 x 4 metre infinity pool, I am considering LED pool lights. Has anyone of you any good or bad experiences with these lights and which brand should I chose?

• 2 weeks later...

We have had perfect results and zero problems with three colored LED light fixtures purchased and installed by JD Pools. I looked at various lighting fixtures from this pool company at their headquarters in Bangkok (in a pool), but I believe they have a franchise location in Khon Kaen. Sorry I do not know the brand or model number but I encourage you to look at the lights IN A POOL at a local pool shop.

For our new house that will include an 8 x 4 metre infinity pool, I am considering LED pool lights. Has anyone of you any good or bad experiences with these lights and which brand should I chose?

i v got led lights from JD Pool in one pool. One and half year now. Each provides light similar to 100w halogene, but no heat and very little energy consumption. 13 m pool, 3 lights sufficient. Works best with one switch for each light, you dont need to syncronise every time you have a power-clipp.

I v got halogene in other pools, and even if the leds are expensive to buy, they have already saved money in oneandhalf year. Power and bulbs.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed an LED light in my pool. It shows a series of colours in a loop. (Emaux brand - Pool&Spa shop)

When the water is pefectly clear and it's well after sunset the light is OK.

But if the water is a bit cloudy, the light doesn't penetrate like the old car-headlamp style.

Perhaps 3 of these LED lights would be OK as mentioned above.

If I did the job again I would go for one powerful light with a blue filter.

The red or green water doesn't look right to me .. unless you'e got a party goin' on!

I installed an LED light in my pool. It shows a series of colours in a loop. (Emaux brand - Pool&Spa shop)

When the water is pefectly clear and it's well after sunset the light is OK.

But if the water is a bit cloudy, the light doesn't penetrate like the old car-headlamp style.

Perhaps 3 of these LED lights would be OK as mentioned above.

If I did the job again I would go for one powerful light with a blue filter.

The red or green water doesn't look right to me .. unless you'e got a party goin' on!

LED lights will not give good skin tone of swimmers. Try sticking one into an aquarium. Bluish skin is sickening - like floating corpses.

It shows a series of colours in a LED lights will not give good skin tone of swimmers. Try sticking one into an aquarium. Bluish skin is sickening - like floating corpses.

Depends on whitch color you choose. Mine can be white, blue, purple, red or green, or alternating (uuch). White looks just like white halogen, and gives swimmers a natural looking skin. Blue makes the water looks cool, but agree on swimmers skin color.

50" TV with led lights have thousands of colors.

Yes I have only seen the blue colour when there were no swimmers.

I hadn't thought of the skin colour aspects!

Corpses in my pool - no thank you ! :)

I've seen one white light that comes with a removable blue filter.

So then you can remove the filter when swimmers get in.

Yes I have only seen the blue colour when there were no swimmers.

I hadn't thought of the skin colour aspects!

Corpses in my pool - no thank you ! :)

I've seen one white light that comes with a removable blue filter.

So then you can remove the filter when swimmers get in.

With LED you just change the color by pressing the lightswitch. Blue when you want it cool, white when you want natural skin color.