No Immigration Office In Village

Moving to a small village next week. No immigration office close.

Wanted to check and see if I'm on the right page here...

I will need to introduce myself at the closest police box in my village and report that I have arrived.

Correct?

My "new" immigration office is in Aranyaprathet, but will be living in Prachinburi.

Gracias.

I have lived here for 8 years, no immigration office near any of the places i have lived in the last 5 years. Only times i went to a police box was to pay a fine for a driving violation.

Nidge

There is a requirement but it is hardly ever enforced that you report to the police. If you went to the local police they might not understand what you want to do.

If you are doing 90 day reports just put your new address on the next one.

Moving to a small village next week. No immigration office close.

Wanted to check and see if I'm on the right page here...

I will need to introduce myself at the closest police box in my village and report that I have arrived.

Correct?

My "new" immigration office is in Aranyaprathet, but will be living in Prachinburi.

Gracias.

:):D:D "Introduce myself at the closet police box in my village" :D

I have lived here for 8 years, no immigration office near any of the places i have lived in the last 5 years. Only times i went to a police box was to pay a fine for a driving violation.

Nidge

Yeah, but I do not want any trouble at all.

My understanding is that if no immigration office is present in the hamlet where you reside, then you must report to the police in said location.

My inlaws tell me I think to mut, but want to stay "pain free" whilst living here.

The owner of the place you live should report your residence - if Thai they may take a Thai attitude on that. The reporting to immigration/police yourself is not actively enforced and most police prefer as little paperwork as necessary. You can make an introduction of yourself but I would not argue if there are no forms to fill out.

Correct?

Myself registered at the next Village in the Town Hall, that was over 5 years ago, also since then very easy for paper of Proof of address, you go in show your passport, they look it up on the PC, they print off the paper, see the Junta and get the big red seal put on and your done, it is FREE and takes all of 10mins

Of course you do your reporting to Immigration every 90 days as that is something different.

Living in Thailand four plus years when local police finally noticed my presence and dropped off paper form for me to fill out. Form asked for minimal info and they came back the next day and picked up. This occurred 12-18 months ago in village 30 km north of Korat. At the time many other farangs in Korat area were being asked to fill out form by local police.

Edited by ballbreaker

The owner of the place you live should report your residence - if Thai they may take a Thai attitude on that. The reporting to immigration/police yourself is not actively enforced and most police prefer as little paperwork as necessary. You can make an introduction of yourself but I would not argue if there are no forms to fill out.

That should not be a problem as it is my mother in laws house. :)

I registered where I lived here in Chiang Mai, well the landlord did, and on my next 90 day report, they threw away the reciept I had for it in my passport.... when I asked about it, the immigration officer just smiled and said not to worry... go figure.

I think I will be one of the few if any farangs living in the area, so I'm sure I will be noticed right away. Just want to have all my ducks in line when they do want to find out who in the heck I am.

Thanks for the info everyone.

The law says that you have to notify Immigration within 24 hours of changing address. However it is rarely enforced and they probably would not know what it was if you tried to do it. If you look at the bottom of the form it does say that you have to report to the local police within 24 hours. That should be fun.

Here is the form.

Is it possible to do 90 day reporting at your local police station rather than SSPlu or Rasa Tower?

No.

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the

competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as

possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is

an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as

prescribed by the Director General.

In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a

letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the

Director General .

Edited by lopburi3

Correct?

Myself registered at the next Village in the Town Hall, that was over 5 years ago, also since then very easy for paper of Proof of address, you go in show your passport, they look it up on the PC, they print off the paper, see the Junta and get the big red seal put on and your done, it is FREE and takes all of 10mins

Of course you do your reporting to Immigration every 90 days as that is something different.

Are you married to a Thai to be able to register at the Town Hall ?

Do you mean you are in the same Tabien baan as your wife or you have your own Tabien baan ?

Correct?

Are you married to a Thai to be able to register at the Town Hall ?

Do you mean you are in the same Tabien baan as your wife or you have your own Tabien baan ?

No I am not married, had the house built but in a friends name, but there was no problems registering in the next little Town at the Town Hall and so easy to get the proof of address when changing drivers license, car, truck, new contract for mobile, home phone, internet, electric etc.

Is it possible to do 90 day reporting at your local police station rather than SSPlu or Rasa Tower?

I asked that question at my nearest Immigration Office and was told No, it must be a visit to Imm as the Police know nothing about current Imm rules or have any documents.

Dave