Satan Drive A Car Discipline Sign

BangRon

One of the things I have never understood about Thailand, perhaps it has to do with saving face and not wanting to admit they cannot speak english well. Why not simply ask a foreigner, any foreigner, if that sentence is correct before paying money to print it, sometimes they print thousands of copies or pay millions of baht for national advertising and its all gobbledeegook.

I'd really like to know what Satan has to say but guess it will always be a mystery.

One of the things I have never understood about Thailand, perhaps it has to do with saving face and not wanting to admit they cannot speak english well. Why not simply ask a foreigner, any foreigner, if that sentence is correct before paying money to print it, sometimes they print thousands of copies or pay millions of baht for national advertising and its all gobbledeegook.

I'd really like to know what Satan has to say but guess it will always be a mystery.

E-mail him, It's on the sign.

E-mail him, It's on the sign.

:) i love poorsuckers name and avatar

everytime i see it i laugh out loud..

i read poorsucker as poor*ucker everytime with naggin wife in his ear!

Brilliant name and avatar..

the OP should email and see what yoda language comes back

One of my greatest regrets in life is that I never learned to read or write Thai.

Maybe someone who can will enlighten us :)

Maybe they used the Google translation service :D

Mobi,

I know you speak Thai, I seem to remember you saying you were going to start learning to read and write.

Anyway, just a quick translation off the top of my head,

If you are driving no good you are on your way to meet your maker, drive carefully.

I am sure there are others who will translate it more accurately.

Sorry I dont have the time for a more accurate translation, have you seen what time it is on a Friday?

Duty calls.

Mobi,

I know you speak Thai, I seem to remember you saying you were going to start learning to read and write.

Anyway, just a quick translation off the top of my head,

If you are driving no good you are on your way to meet your maker, drive carefully.

I am sure there are others who will translate it more accurately.

Sorry I dont have the time for a more accurate translation, have you seen what time it is on a Friday?

Duty calls.

Thanks for the translation. :)

Yes it was new Year's resolution to learn to read a bit of Thai. Things thsi year have got away from me a bit and I have been on the road for nearly 3 months.

Now back at home, and maybe I'll do just that - try to learn to read Thai. It would be wonderful if I could.

To add to canuckamuck's post, one dictionary I looked in translates มัจจุราช as the Great Reaper (Grim Reaper), so I guess it's something like:

Avoid the Grim Reaper - Follow the highway code (or 'drive carefully').

Edited by katana

If you drive with discipline , Satan will lose it memory of you ( also meaning satan will not notice you or in some form not to be in his sight . )

this is the translation .

---

The hel_l god refer by the Thai reaper . ( Mud- ju - Rat )

is really correct but badly tranlated

• 3 weeks later...

I've e-mailed mr police S.Nirvana.S , no reply.

A teacher here in Korat translated this odd sign as, " Satan will forget about you if you drive with discipline " .

So drive safely all ; so, god of death, grim reaper, won't know you. :)

tinglish signs signs everywhere. this is thailand. :D