Thavorn beach village in phuket

Kapow Guy

Very funny. I hope all members here are as welcoming as you are

?? What happened there?

Thavorn Beach is fine, much like the run-of-the-mill bungalows away from the main drag.  You'll need to get a tuk-tuk anytime you feel like heading into Patong though, as Nakalay Beach is about 5-10 minutes drive north of the main Patong Beach centre.  However that's easy, just walk out the front onto the road and one will whiz by every few minutes.

Not sure what the rooms themselves are like, but I would say they are decent.

I quite like staying in the Club Bamboo villas myself, up the back of Patong.  I must have tried 30 different spots over the last 3 years, so I guess I'm speaking with some experience.

Sure you'll have a good time, have a good holiday.

• 2 weeks later...
Howdy.....there are two Thavorns in Phuket. One is Thav. Palm beach  while the other is thav. Beach Village. I think the later is the one near to patong. The former is near Karon beach. Anyway, the one at Patong has the older style bungalows done up to provide modern facilities right down near the beach. but if your wife has been smart and paid a little extra you could be having a fantastic room high up on the side of the hill overlooking the bay. These rooms have nice big balconies with a jacuzzi on the balcony for your private daliances. These rooms also have a nifty little people mover/rail car thingy that moves you up the hill so you dont have to strain yourself too much getting back after a few lagers at Patong. It is sort of like being in an old English colonial hill station as you slide your way  uphill to your room. I would go there just because of this rail thing. Boy I have an exciting life !

Mr Ned Kelly,

Is it true you have to take your tin can off your head before indulging in a few lagers in Patong?

And how's the rest of the gang these days?  Hanging around Phuket too?  :o

Nice info - railcar thingy-ma-bob sounds like a separate attraction in itself.

Hey SeaVision, Unfortunately I am not in Phuket....just smelly old bangkok. Yes it is difficult to have a lager with my helmet on and having a slash is harder......it gets rusty !!  :o

But I may be down there soon for a few days to research some more hotels so catch up for a beer then maybe.