Mangosauce.com

junki3korean

I just read an article I googled on Thailand and saw the article was from mangosauce.com!

It all started coming back to me...about 4 years ago it was my first gateway to news & information in Thailand.

I`d read it everyday it`ll be the first thing I do when i get to work.....I must have stopped visiting the site after I stayed in thailand for awhile....They have stopped the site now! :)

Did you guys visit it?? and what did you think of it?

I miss mangosauce

Edited by junki3korean

I'm pretty certain the writer was not a horny senior citizen, from his comments I think he was only in his 30s or 40s. I'm pretty sure he was pretty young, in his 30s, actually, but I'd have to go back and read some more to be certain. Some of the articles were hit and miss, and some were absolutely hilarious. He stopped the site because he got banned from google adsense, and couldn't figure out another way to monetize the site successfully, although really, he could have if had tried harder, in my opinion.

poor guy! wander what happen to him.....I believe his names David....wander if his a member here??

Why would google ban him if he can generate so many hits?? i dont understand?

I was a big fan of mangosauce, but his content was somewhat "adult related" so his site was not allowed for Adsense.

Big fan right here, how can anyone says Thai visa is better ? what a silly f'ing statement, Mango sauce was not an information portal it was just funny stories and made you a little more street wise.

The guy was deffo in his late 20's early 30's not like stickmanperv the retired pervert hahahaha :) only joking stick.

I'm pretty certain the writer was not a horny senior citizen, from his comments I think he was only in his 30s or 40s. I'm pretty sure he was pretty young, in his 30s, actually, but I'd have to go back and read some more to be certain. Some of the articles were hit and miss, and some were absolutely hilarious. He stopped the site because he got banned from google adsense, and couldn't figure out another way to monetize the site successfully, although really, he could have if had tried harder, in my opinion.

Yeah I agree he definitely could monetize it, look at what stickman and TV have managed to do....

Mangosauce and Thaivisa are not, and have never ever tried to be in the same category. I enjoy(ed past tense for Mangosauce) both for different reasons. Mangosauce is generally not for the under 18 set, but for adults, it was a great and funny website. I sure do miss it.

I miss Mangosauce, too. It was the first Thailand oriented site I ran into with subjects pertaining to my interests at that time. Probably had something to do with the search terms I used. :D hehe. The posts were hilarious :)

It was also one of the battlegrounds here the Stick vs. John Galt/Keith Summers war was fought.

It was through this site that I found out about Stickman and I think I heard about Schoocher there, too. Schooch is down, too.

Unfortunately, Dave pulled the plug on his site a few months after I found it.

I even found a vid on Youtube from a Thai woman who misses MG. Like she said: I loved reading the stories, so I can know what you guys are up to over here.

Anybody else seen it?

I was one of the infamous posters on mangosauce, although that would not surprise some of you :D .

There are a couple of old mango people here, one that springs to mind is dingdongrb, he has the same nic on thai visa.

I don't know what happened to David, pity about mango, still read the blogs sometimes, use to be a good place for a laugh.

Would luv to know if prufrock & some of the other weirdos from there were still alive and kicking.

okay enuf of that, back in my box :)

Big fan right here, how can anyone says Thai visa is better ? what a silly f'ing statement

That might be why no one said it, but, never the less, Mango Sauce is gone and Thai Visa is still going strong. :)

you do see the differences between forums and blogs, dont you?

I'm pretty certain the writer was not a horny senior citizen, from his comments I think he was only in his 30s or 40s. I'm pretty sure he was pretty young, in his 30s, actually, but I'd have to go back and read some more to be certain.

Regardless, he came off as a pretty hardcore sexpat.

"When an American tourist purchased a Bangkok bargirl for his nine year-old son, he also took one for himself. Back at the hotel, the boy settled down with bargirl #1 to watch Monsters Inc. while his dad took bargirl #2 next door for some monstering of a different nature. For the adventurous single man with a kid in tow, barfining a babysitter really ought to be a last resort but it's actually fairly common."

Hmmm, he knew the scene, for sure, and I have seen many younger guys get in to that scene quite easily, just like the 70 year-olds. But being young that wasn't his only scene, and he was just writing for a big audience he knew was out there. The take he had on the subject matter was what made it so funny. Actually, most of the stories weren't even his, but he had a hilarious way of writing about, and taking the piss out of, sexpats.

Big fan right here, how can anyone says Thai visa is better ? what a silly f'ing statement

That might be why no one said it, but, never the less, Mango Sauce is gone and Thai Visa is still going strong. :)

you do see the differences between forums and blogs, dont you?

Yes I do TS and I haven't forgotten what a tos1ser you are.

I have resorted to start at the August 03 archives and read everything from the start!

Very interest I`d must say could read them all day at work :)

he really knows how to express humour that we can all relate to as thai-fanatics!

Edited by junki3korean

I have resorted to start at the August 03 archives and read everything from the start!

Very interest I`d must say could read them all day at work :D

he really knows how to express humour that we can all relate to as thai-fanatics!

:) That's exactly what I did when I discovered his site.

Makes for wonderful entertainment on quiet days.

Mangosause has been reincarnated as “Farang Speak 2 Much” in a reader submission format only. Certainly not the same.

Dave is alive and well running the Big Mango on soi 4.

TH

I'm pretty sure this isn't 100% correct.