Working On The Internet

i am moving to bangkok. plan to try to make money on the internet from the income i receive from websites i have set up while living in usa. money comes to me through paypal. question is: should i pay taxes to usa or thailand? would thaialnd require a work permit? would i need to open up a new company? if the company not approved, would i be prohibited from having an income from my usa internet business? am i just opening a can of worms by going through the paperwork? or should i just pay my usa taxes and not draw attention to myself by doing paperwork in thailand?

suggestions?

i am moving to bangkok.  plan to try to make money on the internet from the income i receive from websites i have set up while living in usa.  money comes to me through paypal.  question is:  should i pay taxes to usa or thailand?  would thaialnd require a work permit? would i need to open up a new company?  if the company not approved, would i be prohibited from having an income from my usa internet business?  am i just opening a can of worms by going through the paperwork?  or should i just pay my usa taxes and not draw attention to myself by doing paperwork in thailand?

suggestions?

I also have a website and am an Ebayer.I will be keeping my Paypal and Ebay accounts and have an Everbank US account with which I will use to deposit and withdraw with Paypal.I am using a mail service as my US address for Everbank and Paypal and Ebay,but have set it up that I will be doing everything over the net and will rarely get any paper statements from all 3.

Also I have not paid any taxes selling on Ebay and I have been selling for 5 years there.Its mostly cash and I also know other Ebay sellers that have never declared any Ebay income.Some do it part time just selling junk around the house but others are pros who sell thousands every week.

LA27 -

You cannot get a work permit without having a Thai employer wirth TX ID number.

You need not tell Thai authorities anything about your business.

The only resaon that you mightw ant to satrta company would be to give yourself employment - and use that employment to obtain an entry permit extension that lets you stay in Thailand longer than 90 days at a time.Depending on whether you obtain a visa (and what type it is) - you will have to depart Thailand at least every 30, 60, or 90 days. This will probably not be an issue early on - but you might get tired of making visa runs after a few years.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

You cannot get a work permit without having a Thai employer wirth TX ID number.

You need not tell Thai authorities anything about your business.

The only resaon that you mightw ant to satrta  company would be to give yourself employment - and use that employment to obtain an entry permit extension that lets you stay in Thailand longer than 90 days at a time.Depending on whether you obtain a visa (and what type it is) - you will have to depart Thailand at least every 30, 60, or 90 days.  This will probably not be an issue early on - but you might get tired of making visa runs after a few years.

I plan to get a investment visa (putting 3 million baht into a condo or a government bank which lets me stay in country for 1 year with 1 year renewals.