Teeth Whitening

MZurf

I saw an ad in the Pattaya Mail for teeth whitening in a clininc on the 4th floor of Central, beach road. Summer promotion is 3900 baht, which is substantially cheaper than any offer I have seen before.

Went to talk with them and they said they are using "cool light" for the whitening process, which takes about an hour. The procedure has to be repeated once a year.

I have heard that some of these procedures can make your teeth very sensitive. Anyone out there with experience re. teeth whitening?

I dont know, but I was in a Siam Drug pharmacy yesterday and a guy came in saying he had just had his teeth whitened at one of our Internatioanl Hosptals (on the dge of town :) ) and pointed to his teeth.

I left at that point, but I suspect he was asking for a pain killer, as it was not a boasting "look how good they are" type visit.

Interesting price.. The cheapest I have seen elsewhere is 7,000 baht so 3,900 is definitely a good deal. But is it too good to be true? I wonder, whats the catch? If anyone has any experience with this place, please post!

I saw an ad in the Pattaya Mail for teeth whitening in a clininc on the 4th floor of Central, beach road. Summer promotion is 3900 baht, which is substantially cheaper than any offer I have seen before.

Went to talk with them and they said they are using "cool light" for the whitening process, which takes about an hour. The procedure has to be repeated once a year.

I have heard that some of these procedures can make your teeth very sensitive. Anyone out there with experience re. teeth whitening?

I can't comment on the price but I have used some teeth whitening products and they did indeed cause some pain in my teeth. I can't tell you the brand type but if you are prone to sensitivity be ready for the discomfort - maybe take a couple of aspirin before you go in.

Crest Whitening strips caused sensitivity for my teeth. These are the kind you use twice a day for 1/2 hour each time for 10 days in a row. I've used them 3 times (over 1 year between uses) and the first 2 times didn't cause any sensitivity. The 2nd and 3rd time I used their stronger ones.

I hadn't thought there was the same problem with the UV whitening, but could be a similar process, just sped up.